Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    My question is, if Hal's actions can be retconned as the result of an alien space bug and he is allowed to move on from the shadow of Emerald Twilight, why was John stuck moping about Xanshi for most of Geoff Johns run on GL? I actually agree that Emerald Twilight was something that needed to be rectified but the same applies to Cosmic Odyssey too, imo. Literally the only thing that stuck from that OGN was Xanshi getting blown up.
    I think in the end comes down to who is writing the book. Geoff Johns is a Hal Jordan fan, he wanted to give the character a "rebirth", that was his entire mission statement when he got the Green Lantern comics.
    Just like right now, Thorne want to tell a great story with John Stewart, I don't expect him to be devoting a lot of pages to retcon or fix anything about Hal, the best I expect is for Hal not to be mischaracterized and for a cool moment once in while.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    IMO it was the worst DC big crossover storyline in the past 20 years. Though HIC gives it a run...
    Joker Time was also quite terrible.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Joker Time was also quite terrible.
    I suddenly realized that whenever DC puts out a horrible event or story, it seems to inspire them to ever greater terribleness...and a new terrible story is born.

Post deleted
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-11-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Are you talking about Winnick's Outsiders. Because I thought the drama was Nightwing finding out Batman was pulling the strings.
    No. It happens in a Green Arrow story between Volumes 3 and 4.

Post deleted

My question is, if Hal's actions can be retconned as the result of an alien space bug and he is allowed to move on from the shadow of Emerald Twilight, why was John stuck moping about Xanshi for most of Geoff Johns run on GL? I actually agree that Emerald Twilight was something that needed to be rectified but the same applies to Cosmic Odyssey too, imo. Literally the only thing that stuck from that OGN was Xanshi getting blown up.
    Considering than Xanshi was a world of advanced people who practiced cannibalism, I don't see the hurry in resurrecte them.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Considering than Xanshi was a world of advanced people who practiced cannibalism, I don't see the hurry in resurrecte them.
    Was that the Xanshians or the residents of Toomey IV (home of Arkkis Chummuck) who practiced cannibalism? I've got the original story somewhere, but I may have my planets flipped.

Extraordinary Member

Armie Hammer is from Xanshi?

I heard it was supposed to be Guy and not John. Starlin's an otherwise good writer/artist but Xanshi stuck to John like a bad fungus. The only silver lining is that it later exposed DC's double standards because Hal got his actions as Parallex forgiven and retconned while John was stuck moping out Xanshi throughout Johns run.
    I think there was a specific reason for that, but it didn't go as smoothly as it should have. Why? well.... Who is the only person in the universe who cared about the destruction of Xanshi more than John Stewart? Yrra Cynril(Fatality). Thing is.... Yrra.... Sure she tried to kill him.... but.... In several books she seemed to have other plans for him. Then when Yrra becomes a Star Sapphire she's like "I forgave you years ago. I know it wasn't really your fault. Now give me babies so I'm no longer the only Xanshian"... Well heavily paraphrased, but yeah.... they get it on on Mogo of all places. Yrra later loses the Sapphire ring and starts to claim that she only acted liek that because the ring forced her to.......except... she wasn't wearing the ring while John was having his way with her on Mogo. They both took their rings off before they did that. And like I said, Yrra first flirted with him long before becoming a Star Sapphire. And when I say "flirted" I mean stripped naked in her prison cell while he watched and teased him about how she didn't have time to do more than that. That woman was up to something.... Maybe she was just trying to annoy him? Strange way to do that though.

I have to say, that would make for an interesting Justice League get together..... The various Human GLs and their significant others show up at the Justice League watchtower. Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris(the OG Star Sapphire), Kyle Rayner and Soranik Natu(Sinestro's daughter) maybe.... And of course John Stewart and Fatality. Pretty sure that Carol is the only one who'd be happy to see Yrra.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Was that the Xanshians or the residents of Toomey IV (home of Arkkis Chummuck) who practiced cannibalism? I've got the original story somewhere, but I may have my planets flipped.
    No, it was the planet of Fatality.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

No, it was the planet of Fatality.

(Does some looking up)

Weird. In the original story with Arkkis Chummuck, he was put on trial for eating the Green Lantern he'd defeated (a Xanshian Green Lanter)... where it was revealed that Chummuck (a native of Toomey IV) honored honorable opponents by eating their remains. He was defended in front of the Guardians by a Xanshian, no less. I don't remember if his defender said anything about Xanshians being cannibals, too.

It appears as though Chummuck's cultural traits may have been mistakenly applied to the Xanshians, who were enemies of his homeworld.

Although I suppose they both could have engaged in this practice.

For Wonder Woman, I think the worst thing that she has done was accidentally kill someone with an auto bracelet parry because she was lost in thought as she left the morgue. She was too distracted to safely turn away the shot and the shooter was killed

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    For Wonder Woman, I think the worst thing that she has done was accidentally kill someone with an auto bracelet parry because she was lost in thought as she left the morgue. She was too distracted to safely turn away the shot and the shooter was killed
    If that's her worst, that's not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    When did this happen?