Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    They will never have a Diana-led TV show as long as she is still viable in the movies. Even if we are getting two versions of The Flash, I don't think they are prepared to do that with any other character. Hell, the reason we never got Ted Kord on Arrow was because they were THINKING about a Blue Beetle movie.
    It's not just Flash.
    Superman and Spider-man are quite viable in movies and potential movies. They have been like that for quite a while, and that has not stopped TV producers from constantly creating live-action and animated platforms starring them. Even Batman, who seems to be the only iconic superhero who does not appear in TV live action, actually appears in those (Bruce Wayne was in Gotham, plus all those animated shows starring Batman). That's how Hollywood "conventional wisdom" is: something, anything, is a rule...until it is not.

Not too long ago there was an unwritten rule that claimed that successful superhero movie franchises could NOT interact wirth/exist alongside superhero TV. Well, hello Flash, hello Flashes from the movies and the show meeting in an episode, hello, criticaly acclaimed streaming hit Wandavision and the new Disney Plus MCU shows that will directly link to the movies (Wandavision shenanigans and characters will be a part of Dr. Strange 2 and Captain Marvel 2).

Diana deserves the same amount of constant stream of multimedia showcases that the boys get. That is precisely how the boys become so integrated into/integral to pop culture, and that is why, without even realizing why, people start saying things like "Batman is the best character DC has; that's why he, not Wonder Woman, gets all those showcases" (an actual line uttered by a co-worker). I explained to him that it had nothing to do with which character is "better"; it had to do with how many people in positions of power at these networks and studios prefer Batman (and Spider-man, and Superman), which leads them to constantly create more properties that feature those characters. Then it continues perpetuating the notion that "Batman is the best character DC has." Not too long ago, Wonder Woman was "difficult to translate"...until she was not (because someone FINALLY decided to stop dancing around the subject and produce a film about WW, which everyone and their mother loved).

There is no reason for Diana not to have a prequel live-action show a la Smallville while still having movies about her made.
    There is no reason for Diana not to have a solo animated show while movies about her are being made.
    In fact, they should do it for her standing as THE superheroine to be even more cemented across all of pop culture.

First establish Diana, then bring in those other girls. Heck, I am dying to see Nubia and Donna in live action (a Donna that doesn't get ridiculously killed by a Batman villain). But Diana should be a priority.
    Last edited by FutureWonder; 02-14-2021 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fong03 View Post
    Imagine how bad the script must have been for the CW to pass on it ...

It never made sense to me for this new character to get a show, but I do want more WW content on tv. Hopefully that Amazons movie/show will happen and season 3 of Titans will be better.

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/493...girl-tv-series
    How bad?! It's the CW. It was probably too high end for them and didn't include enough angst, love triangles and corny dialogue.

BANNED

I don't see this as bad thing simply because the character doesn't really deserve a series, like there's barely any source material, she's been in like what 3 issues so far?
    Give her few years to actually build her world and character beyond looking good in a leotard, then we can talk about her getting her own live action series.
    I'm just disappointed they didn't pass on Naomi too, despite being around for like 2 years she has the exact the same problems, her own series was an origin that was more bloated than it really needed to be than an actual story.
    Last edited by Jewel Runner; 02-14-2021 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I don't agree with that either. I would have rather seen a Vixen or Zatanna show in development. Naomi is getting a lot of preferential treatment IMO most likely because she's a Brian Bendis creation. She joined Young Justice and now the Justice League and isn't even 2 years old yet. It's a bit ridiculous. I do really like her design though.
    To be fair, both of those team books are written by Bendis too. If anyone else had wrote them, she probably wouldn't have been on those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    WB want to get new characters to sell more merchandise. I think they should try a Donna/Cassie wonder girl instead.

The concept is that Yara migrates to United States. I think it would be easier if Yara ws a north american native, It's not like DC has a lot of USA natives as heroes. probably easier to write an it would avoid some mistakes made
    Have you heard about the new Wonder Girl comic? Yara IS from the US. She's just descended from Amazons. The opposite of Diana - she goes from Man's World to paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    At best I can see a cameo on Stargirl
    Why there? We don't even know that Wonder Woman exists on Earth-2.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    To be fair, both of those team books are written by Bendis too. If anyone else had wrote them, she probably wouldn't have been on those teams.

Have you heard about the new Wonder Girl comic? Yara IS from the US. She's just descended from Amazons. The opposite of Diana - she goes from Man's World to paradise.

Why there? We don't even know that Wonder Woman exists on Earth-2.
    Yara is Brazillian, actually. She's also an American immigrant, but she isn't originally from the US.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    How bad?! It's the CW. It was probably too high end for them and didn't include enough angst, love triangles and corny dialogue.
    Anything is possible, but I think it more likely the script was just bad. The CW will put just about anything on the air if it will gain at least modest viewership. If they wanted angst and corny dialogue, they would have picked up that Canaries show in a heartbeat.

While I'd love almost any sort of Wonder-verse TV show, I can understand why the CW would pass on this considering that Yara isn't even a year old. They really should have pitched a show with Diana, Donna, Cassie, or Nubia instead.
    Donna is already on Titans (though I wish her part was bigger) & outside of hard core comicdome and internet chat rooms, Cassie and Nubia are not really well know, so I doubt it would have made a difference.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There is nothing ridiculous about it. She's a well received character created by a popular writer. Characters have been pushed and even gotten tv shows based on less.

Well received? By who? You are honestly the first person I've seen express interest in her. I'm not saying she's terrible just that she's new and hasn't really caused any sort of commotion that makes me think she's going to be A-list any time in the near future. She doesn't have a solo book any more. Her joining Young Justice didn't help the book survive(unfortunately). What makes you think she deserves a solo TV show at this point? Specifics please.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    Donna is already on Titans (though I wish her part was bigger) & outside of hard core comicdome and internet chat rooms, Cassie and Nubia are not really well know, so I doubt it would have made a difference.

I think Cassie is at least as popular as Stargirl who has a TV show.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

I think Cassie is at least as popular as Stargirl who has a TV show.
    I think that's going to be impossible to prove, but just as a gut feeling...I'd say Courtney is more popular currently. But finding hard numbers on that...good luck.

Honestly though, I'm not surprised by this news. It has the feeling of ATT taking a look at the script and thought it was unworkable for whatever reason. I would look for this to maybe become a pattern; with over-eager WB people okaying things they really shouldn't, and later getting smacked down by their ATT overlords.

Well received? By who? You are honestly the first person I've seen express interest in her. I'm not saying she's terrible just that she's new and hasn't really caused any sort of commotion that makes me think she's going to be A-list any time in the near future. She doesn't have a solo book any more. Her joining Young Justice didn't help the book survive(unfortunately). What makes you think she deserves a solo TV show at this point? Specifics please.
    She has an appreciation thread on this very site and her book has been critically acclaimed. Yes her book cancelled but she at least has a solo which is more than can be said for any Wonder character that isn't Diana or Yara.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She has an appreciation thread on this very site and her book has been critically acclaimed. Yes her book cancelled but she at least has a solo which is more than can be said for any Wonder character that isn't Diana or Yara.
    Naomi had a solo book cause DC gave complete freedom for Bendis to do whatever he wanted, including a label specifically for him.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Well received? By who? You are honestly the first person I've seen express interest in her. I'm not saying she's terrible just that she's new and hasn't really caused any sort of commotion that makes me think she's going to be A-list any time in the near future. She doesn't have a solo book anymore. Her joining Young Justice didn't help the book survive(unfortunately). What makes you think she deserves a solo TV show at this point? Specifics please.
    I honestly don't understand this line of reasoning? Why does any character "deserve" mainstream media attention? The idea of people/things "deserving" something or having to "wait their turn" has been the cause of a lot of evil in this world, so I'm always flummoxed when people use the idea of "deserve" to give or deny. People get a lot of things in this life they don't "deserve."

Naomi has Ava Duverney behind the project. That doesn't guarantee success, but it greatly helps. As for Yara, there's no definitive way of knowing, but she already seems to be taking social media by storm. She is also getting a solo series something neither Donna or Cassie was able to get. I also don't think not having many stories should be a barrier because Arrow just borrowed from Batman, Supergirl borrowed from Superman, Flash takes all the Flash stories and even some Firestorm ones. Wonder Girl would have just been a way to keep the Wonder Verse in the public eye with a character that's already garnered more positivity than Cassie - and maybe Donna combined - ever seemed to recieve.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I honestly don't understand this line of reasoning? Why does any character "deserve" mainstream media attention? The idea of people/things "deserving" something or having to "wait their turn" has been the cause of a lot of evil in this world, so I'm always flummoxed when people use the idea of "deserve" to give or deny. People get a lot of things in this life they don't "deserve."

Naomi has Ava Duverney behind the project. That doesn't guarantee success, but it greatly helps. As for Yara, there's no definitive way of knowing, but she already seems to be taking social media by storm. She is also getting a solo series something neither Donna or Cassie was able to get. I also don't think not having many stories should be a barrier because Arrow just borrowed from Batman, Supergirl borrowed from Superman, Flash takes all the Flash stories and even some Firestorm ones. Wonder Girl would have just been a way to keep the Wonder Verse in the public eye with a character that's already garnered more positivity than Cassie - and maybe Donna combined - ever seemed to recieve.
    I'm not the Yara train and I can see get getting annoyed when a character you've liked who has been around for a while seems to take a backseat to whoever the new kid on the block is but I'd have to agree with this, I don't know how one can see one fictional character "deserves" anything more than other fictional character.
    Last edited by Gaius; 02-14-2021 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post

Yara was created in a perfect storm of diversity being acclaimed and the social media era being stronger than ever. To try to use her success to diminish the other characters is silly to me. And i'm fan of Yara already.

Also, no Wonder Girl was allowed to appear outside the comics for years until recently. That's why Donna could not be used in the Teen Titans cartoon, that would serve as a huge boost for her popularity.

As soon as Warner cleared this issue, they put Cassie in the Young Justce Cartoon and introcuded Donna in the Animated movies, even tho they didn't do nothing with her.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.