Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    This is a blessing for Yara. They should aim for quality, not the CW .
    While CW has plenty of meh shows, they still are able to produce some good ones. Not to mention that their new Superman show is showing that they are trying to up their quality...and there is talk of CW/HBO Max co-producing shows which means better budgets.

Titans is on HBOMax/DC Universe and it is weaker than The Flash/Arrow/Black Lightning/Supergirl.

The CW right now really wants to up their diversity which is why Yara was optioned for a tv series so quickly. Cassies time of being THE Wondergirl outside of some animated series is all but over.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 02-13-2021 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I was honestly surprised too she got a show announced (though I guess that was news outlets/social media jumping the gun) when her only stuff by that point was just promo stuff for Future State. I don't watch CW shows and honestly from what I've seen, I'm gonna grateful Diana's world hasn't had much to do with it outside of some references here or there.
    They aren't very good. Some even start strong and then the quality fall really quick.

Maybe HBO Max gonna pick up, but CW is where they dump tv shows that they think will perform low

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Maybe HBO Max gonna pick up, but CW is where they dump tv shows that they think will perform low
    Lol thats far from the truth. The Arrowverse brings in over 1 billion dollars to WB annually. Not to mention that The Flash/Arrow are consistently in the top 10 streamed shows and pirated shows world wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Lol thats far from the truth. The Arrowverse brings in over 1 billion dollars to WB annually. Not to mention that The Flash/Arrow are consistently in the top 10 streamed shows and pirated shows world wide.
    That is what PR says and it is from overseas TV deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    That is what PR says and it is from overseas TV deals.
    They dont need PR it up. The Arrowverse brings in big bucks any which way you try to swing it. So many DC shows end up on TheCW because WB partially owns the network so thats more money in their pocket. You dont put characters like The Flash or Superman on The CW because you think they will fail anywhere else.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

They definitely don't bring in anything close to that. They make stuff quick and cheap and have some overseas TV deals- so they definitely more than break even. That's about it.

Wonder Woman deserves more than a network TV show, Yara too. Lots of potential for Yara! A Max original would be cool, or a feature flick.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-13-2021 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They went for a Naomi series when she only has a mini-series and a few guest appearances to her name.
    That's still more than Yara has right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    They definitely don't bring in anything close to that. They make stuff quick and cheap and have some overseas TV deals- so they definitely more than break even. That's about it.

Wonder Woman deserves more than a network TV show, Yara too. Lots of potential for Yara! A Max original would be cool, or a feature flick.
    Except they do. Making cheap tv doesnt mean that it doesn equal big money.

Bewkes also lauded the strong performance of the DC TV series, saying they generate more than $1 billion in revenue a year for Time Warner. He said the company has an unprecedented 10 DC TV series on the air this season.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...source=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    While I'd love almost any sort of Wonder-verse TV show, I can understand why the CW would pass on this considering that Yara isn't even a year old. They really should have pitched a show with Diana, Donna, Cassie, or Nubia instead.
    Nubia barely appears in comics and Donna and Cassie have little in the way of solo stories.

I don't agree with that either. I would have rather seen a Vixen or Zatanna show in development. Naomi is getting a lot of preferential treatment IMO most likely because she's a Brian Bendis creation. She joined Young Justice and now the Justice League and isn't even 2 years old yet. It's a bit ridiculous. I do really like her design though.
    There is nothing ridiculous about it. She's a well received character created by a popular writer. Characters have been pushed and even gotten tv shows based on less.

Amazing Member

Titans is on HBOMax/DC Universe and it is weaker than The Flash/Arrow/Black Lightning/Supergirl.
    Absolutely not. Titans, especially seaon 2, is wildly inconsistent, but even so it is vastly better than Supergirl. That show is unwatchable. I would also say it is better than BL and the recent seasons of Flash and Arrow.

Doom Patrol and Harley Quinn are on another level entirely. I really hope any new content is created for HBO Max. It will be of better quality and everything DC related should be on that platform for potential crossover and movie tie-ins. I doubt we'll get a Wonder Girl series and we certainly won't get one for Diana, unless it's animated. The best bet is something with the Amazons.

I don't agree with that either. I would have rather seen a Vixen or Zatanna show in development. Naomi is getting a lot of preferential treatment IMO most likely because she's a Brian Bendis creation. She joined Young Justice and now the Justice League and isn't even 2 years old yet. It's a bit ridiculous. I do really like her design though.
    Bingo, you are the winner.

Bendis seems to be failing upward.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Dodged a bullet

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Diana is the only superpowered amazon that deserves a TV show. I don't understand these TV showrunners giving superhero solo series to unproven characters like Naomi or Yara or whomever. Continue cementing Diana's presence in pop culture with animated shows and live-action platforms, and then add these supporting players into the mix.
    They will never have a Diana-led TV show as long as she is still viable in the movies. Even if we are getting two versions of The Flash, I don't think they are prepared to do that with any other character. Hell, the reason we never got Ted Kord on Arrow was because they were THINKING about a Blue Beetle movie.

While I'd love almost any sort of Wonder-verse TV show, I can understand why the CW would pass on this considering that Yara isn't even a year old. They really should have pitched a show with Diana, Donna, Cassie, or Nubia instead.
    Again, they won't use Diana. Donna is being used on Titans. Cassie I would love, but with everyone pushing for diversity it would be a step backwards to have a show featuring another white, blonde American girl. That only really leaves Nubia or Yara, and Yara has more buzz around her right now due to Future State.

At best I can see a cameo on Stargirl