Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default CW Passes on Wonder Girl Series

Imagine how bad the script must have been for the CW to pass on it ...

It never made sense to me for this new character to get a show, but I do want more WW content on tv. Hopefully that Amazons movie/show will happen and season 3 of Titans will be better.

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/493...girl-tv-series

It's all sorts of weird. The showrunner said she was proud of the script and her previous show had plenty of acclaim. And the pilots for these shows were all terrible in my opinion (well The Flash was just cliche and cringe humor).

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

While I'd love almost any sort of Wonder-verse TV show, I can understand why the CW would pass on this considering that Yara isn't even a year old. They really should have pitched a show with Diana, Donna, Cassie, or Nubia instead.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    While I'd love almost any sort of Wonder-verse TV show, I can understand why the CW would pass on this considering that Yara isn't even a year old. They really should have pitched a show with Diana, Donna, Cassie, or Nubia instead.
    They went for a Naomi series when she only has a mini-series and a few guest appearances to her name.

Cant say it breaks my heart.

Oh, well, another bad choice in a long line of bad choices, IMO....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I honestly think this is a good thing for the character going forward. I always felt a tv show was jumping the gun severely. But then again old beliefs hard and I'm still a believer that comics are these characters' natural habitats and the place to grow. Obviously they're trying to change that these days.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    TheCW already passed on a show that involved Diana.

The Arrowverse is far more interested in characters that they are able to bend to their will and not worry about comic canon holding them back so Yara would've been perfect as they are able to build her world without any expectations.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This is a blessing for Yara. They should aim for quality, not the CW .

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    This is a blessing for Yara. They should aim for quality, not the CW .
    A valid point.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Diana is the only superpowered amazon that deserves a TV show. I don't understand these TV showrunners giving superhero solo series to unproven characters like Naomi or Yara or whomever. Continue cementing Diana's presence in pop culture with animated shows and live-action platforms, and then add these supporting players into the mix.

I think the CW is going to be keeping an eye on Yara, I wouldn't be surprised if they give it another go in a few years. I think it's better that they give the comics some room to explore the character first before they put her in a tv show anyway, although it could have been a nice way to get snippets of the Wonder-verse. I'm sure the character will cameo in a DC animated film or tv show at some point soon.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They went for a Naomi series when she only has a mini-series and a few guest appearances to her name.

I don't agree with that either. I would have rather seen a Vixen or Zatanna show in development. Naomi is getting a lot of preferential treatment IMO most likely because she's a Brian Bendis creation. She joined Young Justice and now the Justice League and isn't even 2 years old yet. It's a bit ridiculous. I do really like her design though.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I was honestly surprised too she got a show announced (though I guess that was news outlets/social media jumping the gun) when her only stuff by that point was just promo stuff for Future State. I don't watch CW shows and honestly from what I've seen, I'm gonna grateful Diana's world hasn't had much to do with it outside of some references here or there.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I think the CW is going to be keeping an eye on Yara, I wouldn't be surprised if they give it another go in a few years. I think it's better that they give the comics some room to explore the character first before they put her in a tv show anyway, although it could have been a nice way to get snippets of the Wonder-verse. I'm sure the character will cameo in a DC animated film or tv show at some point soon.
    I think is likely, I wouldn't be surprised if she pops up one of those yearly they crossovers do within a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Diana is the only superpowered amazon that deserves a TV show. I don't understand these TV showrunners giving superhero solo series to unproven characters like Naomi or Yara or whomever. Continue cementing Diana's presence in pop culture with animated shows and live-action platforms, and then add these supporting players into the mix.
    WB want to get new characters to sell more merchandise. I think they should try a Donna/Cassie wonder girl instead.

The concept is that Yara migrates to United States. I think it would be easier if Yara ws a north american native, It's not like DC has a lot of USA natives as heroes. probably easier to write an it would avoid some mistakes made