Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

Default House of X - Which Characters Have Won Out?

I made a thread to discuss which characters have been treated poorly, but I was also curious as to who people think have "won out" in this new era - which characters have been treated best?

Me, I'd go with Kate Pryde - she's had lots of great development I think.

A lot of New X-Men

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Well there's Wolverine, I'm sure. Because what else is new. lol Along with the rest of the Wolverines.

But a stand out for me is Apocalypse. Like a good few, his character had hit a rut & was messed up for almost 30 years, given what I heard from those who followed him more. But he has a good bit of story added to make him more layered & closed out on a good note, if I am thinking right.

No doubt no one has won out more than emma frost. From the villain the last iterations of Uncanny Xmen to the current grand dame of krakoa.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    A lot of New X-Men
    Hear, hear!

Also, the Beaubier twins and Daken over in X-Factor. This is more readership interest than they've had in a long time.

Mighty Member

Cyclops because everyone stopped hating him for killing Charles

Any answer that doesn't start and end with Mr Sinister is wrong

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Any answer that doesn't start and end with Mr Sinister is wrong
    Truth. I always enjoyed the really creepy evil Sinister during inferno, but I absolutely love flamboyant evil creepy Sinister as well

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    But a stand out for me is Apocalypse. Like a good few, his character had hit a rut & was messed up for almost 30 years, given what I heard from those who followed him more. But he has a good bit of story added to make him more layered & closed out on a good note, if I am thinking right.
    If you mean Apocalypse being a cry baby with X of Swords then you can just say how much "layered" it is with respect to his character.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    If you mean Apocalypse being a cry baby with X of Swords then you can just say how much "layered" it is with respect to his character.
    Difference of interpretation. Better than the jobbing & being a joke character. Least he was given some real history & depth. Which is more than I can say for any of my own favorites since 2018. lol

The answer is Cypher easy

Ultimate Member

Magneto has come across as more of a power player than he ever was when he was a 'solo boss,' IMO. More so even than Xavier (who seems dehumanized a bit by that helmet, while Magneto, by contrast, is showing his face a lot more, which is an interesting contrast for the two of them).

Definitely some of the others mentioned above, Emma, Sinister and Apocalypse have all gotten moments to shine, similarly Kate.

Of the New Mutants generation, I'm surprised and somewhat pleased that Ilyanna is being taken as seriously as she is. (Less so that Dani and Shan are not, nor Sam or Bobby, but it is what it is.) Ilyanna (and Doug!) are the current breakouts of their generation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    real history & depth
    If you mean being out of character throughout XoS then I guess that makes worthwhile for a random character that is not Apocalypse. Also new era Apocalypse is still a jobber. Even more worse when his Original Horsemen are nothing more than just fodders(even for street level characters) to say the least.
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-13-2021 at 11:40 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The answer is Cypher easy
    Definitely Cypher. And Goldballs just based off his new importance.

I think Cypher, Magik, Xavier, Apocalypse, Magneto and Emma.