Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    She's an alien who shifts a female human and male human identity so it's more gender-fluid.
    Yes, I get that. What you're describing is basically what pangender means. Only in real life people can't actually switch to/from/back again physical genders, obviously. The thrust of it is that they are at perfect harmony with themselves no matter what their outward gender expression is.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 02-14-2021 at 05:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Defenders is a meaningless IP with little connective tissue between modern installments, Bendis' run sold OK, Ewing already successfully made a flagging IP significant through Hulk, he set this up across multiple titles, and he has a great artist. It'll do fine.
    Not really. The Bendis book was struggling by the end despite having Bendis as writer and a streaming show in terms of cross-promotion. It pretty much crashed in terms of sales much like the previous iterations such as with Busiek,, Fractions and the Fearless Defenders books. If the numbers were considered okay by Marvel, they wouldn't be cancelling every Defenders book by issue twelve (or retooling/relaunching them with with the Busiek book).

06/17 Defenders #1 - 64,253
    06/17 Defenders #2 - 46,158 (-28.2%)
    07/17 Defenders #3 - 35,763 (-22.5%)
    08/17 Defenders #4 - 31,120 (-13.0%)
    09/17 Defenders #5 - 28,489 (- 8.5%)
    10/17 Defenders #6 - 49,601 (+74.1%)
    11/17 Defenders #7 - 23,133 (- 53.4%)
    12/17 Defenders #8 - 22,211 (- 4.0%)
    01/18 Defenders #9 - 21,648 (- 2.5%)
    02/18 Defenders #10 - 22,744 (+ 5.1%)
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-14-2021 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Not a fan of Blue Marvel for the same reason I was never fond of Sentry.
    And yet they are two entirely different individuals. Different powers, different origins, different in how writers use them, different in feats registered, different everything...well, save for the fact that Void Sentry (but not Bob) and Blue Marvel both get extremely more powerful in negative/antimatter/antiparticle environments. But Blue Marvel has never been in the Negative Zone, so once again, different.

But I get the appeal of Luke Cage. Not one of my personal favorites, but he's the type of character that usually fits in perfectly, since he doesn't threaten the balance of power in any way/shape/form. When Hulk, Namor, Silver Surfer and others show up, they'll still get to play the alphas with Luke on the team. Luke's proper place in the pecking order is most certainly assured to the comfort and contentment of many.

Luke's wasn't one of the cards depicted in the preview, but you never know if Ewing will use him for this series. Anything is possible. You've got a good chance of getting your wish here.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    If memory serves, Blue Marvel was part of the prelude to the event that involved the Masked Raider. At the time we were told that Blue Marvel would join the Three X team, which would play some role in the event. As far as I know that never happened. He joined Three X, but I don't believe the group contributed in any way in the event. Like I said in the Blue Marvel appreciation thread, from the moment Ewing first expressed his desire not to use Blue Marvel again everyone should have taken him at his word. Could that change a decade from now? Maybe. But unless Ewing says differently in advance with proof of the final screenshots of the actual comic page, accept the man at his word. If you see a Ewing project, just know that Blue Marvel won't be in it at all. Ever. He's on Ewing's "blacklist."
    Such an event never happened, so no one contributed to it. I know that Ewing said he'd like more writers to use Blue Marvel, but I don't recall him ever saying he would never use the character again. That can't be the case when he put him on the Three X's, something which Ewing clearly has long-term plans for (which may have been screwed over because of COVID).

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Yes, I get that. What you're describing is basically what pangender means. Only in real life people can't actual switch to/from/back again physical genders, obviously. The thrust of it is that they are at perfect harmony with themselves no matter what their outward gender expression is.
    The changing back and forth is what is confusing this situation.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I hope Daimon gets the nod to be used here given he's also a cover choice.

And he gets his hair and little hair flick horns back.

That godawful bald look he got in Avengers needs to never be seen again.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Such an event never happened, so no one contributed to it. I know that Ewing said he'd like more writers to use Blue Marvel, but I don't recall him ever saying he would never use the character again. That can't be the case when he put him on the Three X's, something which Ewing clearly has long-term plans for (which may have been screwed over because of COVID).
    I don't know if he had plans for himself. He likes to set up potential plots or teams for whoever may want to pick them up, but unfortunately, almost nobody does.
    Some instances: The Champions of Europe, Night Thrasher's return, the "clones" of Ultimate Avengers hunting the Maker, the two White Tiger teaming up, Power Man (Victor Alvarez) and Iron Fist (Max Brashear)...
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Silver Silver needs a place to be, so I hope that he is a regular in this title. I will buy it if her is.

If the Masked Raider is on this team, it will be a pass for me.
    Wow. You and I are on the opposite ends of the scale on this one. I have been wanting a Masked Raider book. And I want a Dr. Strange book. And if I can't get both as a solo, then I will go with them both as part of the Defenders (even though, historically, the concept of the Defenders bores me).
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I don't know if he had plans for himself. He likes to set up potential plots or teams for whoever may want to pick them up, but unfortunately, almost nobody does.
    Some instances: The Champions of Europe, Night Thrasher's return, the "clones" of Ultimate Avengers hunting the Maker, the two White Tiger teaming up, Power Man (Victor Alvarez) and Iron Fist (Max Brashear)...
    The end of Marvel #1000 said we'd see more of Masked Raider in 2020 (which Ewing did confirm only got pushed back because of COVID-19), so I don't think the Raider was something he was just leaving for someone else to pick up if they wanted to, nor the Three X's since they're involved with that story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I hope Daimon gets the nod to be used here given he's also a cover choice.

And he gets his hair and little hair flick horns back.

That godawful bald look he got in Avengers needs to never be seen again.
    I don’t think Helstrom and Dr Strange have been on the team at the same time have they?

Usually when Strange isn’t there is when Daimon gets to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I don’t think Helstrom and Dr Strange have been on the team at the same time have they?
    Yes, there have been times when both Strange and Hellstrom were both on the team.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member

If the Masked Raider is on this team, it will be a pass for me.

And, of course, I'm laughing at the whole, "...That which makes all in this universe EQUAL..." thing. Judging by the early going and some of the individuals mentioned for the roster, I doubt it.

I have read a little masked raider stuff, whats wrong with him? I don't really know much about him. Why don't you like him?

Yes, there have been times when both Strange and Hellstrom were both on the team.
    Own this. Those Michael Golden covers are absolutely exquisite.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

I wonder if they’ll use Psi-Hawk, or other New Universe characters.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles: