Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    They’re trans. They can transform to either gender at will.
    Is Cloud trans, or simply pangender? I always thought a trans person was born one gender, but identified with another and generally takes steps to correct what nature wrought. But pangender entails a person that embraces all of their gender identities equally. Cloud chooses what that outer manifestation is and it varies from whim to whim, but internally they check "all of the above" on the questionnaire when they get to the section on gender identity. Cloud isn't limited in the way that others are.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    How many books is Ewing doing now?
    Know what, if it's a book full of just white characters, screw it! Who cares. To further probe. If memory serves me well, Ewing said that he either tired, or done with Blue Marvel right? Its odd that this masked raider guy was being tied to Blue Marvel in some crap mystery story. That mean there's no way in hell Adam will be in this book too huh?
    Last edited by dkrook; 02-14-2021 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    When i first saw the article and skimmed over some of the characters involved i misread Cloud as Cloud 9 foolishly thinking that Marvel would somehow remember any of the cast that sprung from Avengers the Iniative still exist That aside i like the characters that are teased as being involved so i'll probably give this a shot.
    Cloud 9 actually showed up in Champions #1 by Eve Ewing a few months ago.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Is Cloud trans, or simply pangender? I always thought a trans person was born one gender, but identified with another and generally takes steps to correct what nature wrought. But pangender entails a person that embraces all of their gender identities equally. Cloud chooses what that outer manifestation is and it varies from whim to whim, but internally they check "all of the above" on the questionnaire when they get to the section on gender identity. Cloud isn't limited in the way that others are.
    I thought Cloud was trans, because they switch between both genders as they want, while embracing the gender norms with whichever gender Cloud is at that moment.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member

Marvel spent so much effort promoting Masked Raider for a Defenders book? Given how poorly the various relaunches of Defenders has gone with the Bendis one only lasting ten issues, it seems strange that they are trying again for a teambook that their readership seems to have no affinity for.

I thought Cloud was trans, because they switch between both genders as they want, while embracing the gender norms with whichever gender Cloud is at that moment.
    Right, but I don't know any transgenders that want to go back to their original gender...ever. I'll reach out to one of my friends who is trans. No worries.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cloud 9 actually showed up in Champions #1 by Eve Ewing a few months ago.

I'm assuming this was part of some recruitment drive for new members i vaguely remember hearing about? I don' t really try to keep up with the happenings of Kamala and company all that much so i'm not at all surprised i missed her appearance there.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Always wanted Ewing on Dr Strange. So I’m happy with this.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I'm assuming this was part of some recruitment drive for new members i vaguely remember hearing about? I don' t really try to keep up with the happenings of Kamala and company all that much so i'm not at all surprised i missed her appearance there.
    There was a meeting involving most of the Champions and several other teens (Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl), to discuss what to do about Kamala's Law. The meeting was interrupted by CRADLE.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yes, that would be great. Out of all the new/er Defenders at the end of the first series run, I think I liked Cloud more than Iceman or Angel. But not more than MoonDragon.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Marvel spent so much effort promoting Masked Raider for a Defenders book? Given how poorly the various relaunches of Defenders has gone with the Bendis one only lasting ten issues, it seems strange that they are trying again for a teambook that their readership seems to have no affinity for.
    Defenders is a meaningless IP with little connective tissue between modern installments, Bendis' run sold OK, Ewing already successfully made a flagging IP significant through Hulk, he set this up across multiple titles, and he has a great artist. It'll do fine.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

I’m definitely down for this. Cloud absolutely has to be there. The first trans/gender fluid character in comic book history.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...-ewings-doing/
    Never cared for the character or concept --- and especially the lack of costume. I'm not, however, surprised by her/his inclusion. Honestly, though, the character is from a low point in Defenders history -- so I'd just rather they didn't.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

She's an alien who shifts a female human and male human identity so it's more gender-fluid.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Know what, if it's a book full of just white characters, screw it! Who cares. To further probe. If memory serves me well, Ewing said that he either tired, or done with Blue Marvel right?
    Not a fan of Blue Marvel for the same reason I was never fond of Sentry. I loved when Luke Cage appeared in Defenders -- and he would be a great way of linking Netflix Defenders with OG Defenders. I'd just like to see him in something other than jeans and a t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Know what, if it's a book full of just white characters, screw it! Who cares. To further probe. If memory serves me well, Ewing said that he either tired, or done with Blue Marvel right? Its odd that this masked raider guy was being tied to Blue Marvel in some crap mystery story. That mean there's no way in hell Adam will be in this book too huh?
    If memory serves, Blue Marvel was part of the prelude to the event that involved the Masked Raider. At the time we were told that Blue Marvel would join the Three X team, which would play some role in the event. As far as I know that never happened. He joined Three X, but I don't believe the group contributed in any way in the event. Like I said in the Blue Marvel appreciation thread, from the moment Ewing first expressed his desire not to use Blue Marvel again everyone should have taken him at his word. Could that change a decade from now? Maybe. But unless Ewing says differently in advance with proof of the final screenshots of the actual comic page, accept the man at his word. If you see a Ewing project, just know that Blue Marvel won't be in it at all. Ever. He's on Ewing's "blacklist."