Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Thanks my friend! I'm hoping for positive results. My daughter, the last of us holding out, tested positive today. The kids are mostly all upset to have covid during school break - which I admit is a hell of a waste of both vacation time and excused school absences.
    Jeez, now I'm really worried. I hope it ends with nothing for you and your family.

And I'm OK - fever stopped probably at least 36 hours ago (I last took ibuprofen for it on Tuesday at 19h, it's 17h23 on Thursday now). I've got what feels like a medium sinus headache, and a slightly scratchy throat, and that's it. No chills, no soreness, taste and smell are fine, I'm maybe slightly congested, but we're talking less than 5% probably. So I basically had a semi bad 2 days of fever that responded to ibuprofen, and other than that, it's barely a cold. Lucky, really.
    Glad to hear, and hopefully that'll be all she wrote! No long-term effects, nothing.

Honestly, he never fell in love with it, he likes those scooter things, so the boys will ride those, and my daughter and I will skate or rollerblade. Or we all ride bikes. And they all love climbing and skiing, plus I taught them to surf this past summer. My kids are, totally objectively, the most awesome people on the planet.*

*except then they aren't, of course.
    That really should be the point of view of a parent, so kudos. And kudos for having good kids - raising them has a lot to do with that, I understand, so you deserve credit.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Jeez, now I'm really worried. I hope it ends with nothing for you and your family.
    Me too - so far, so good, the boys haven't shown a single symptom, and her worshipfulness (she rules the house, she knows it, we're all surprisingly OK with being dominated by the gentle tyrant)

Glad to hear, and hopefully that'll be all she wrote! No long-term effects, nothing.
    As I was replying, the lab got back with the analysis of my test on monday: we have the English variant. I was hoping for a cool variant with little machine guns on the side or something, or maybe a custom job, but I'll take the extra spicy from England.

That really should be the point of view of a parent, so kudos. And kudos for having good kids - raising them has a lot to do with that, I understand, so you deserve credit.
    Merci beaucoup. My ex and I do our best - and they do their part by almost always having a great attitude. The love vegetables, don't mind when I make them eat vegan, don't care at all about brands, etc. Easy little bastards.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Me too - so far, so good, the boys haven't shown a single symptom, and her worshipfulness (she rules the house, she knows it, we're all surprisingly OK with being dominated by the gentle tyrant)
    Sounds awesome. Good stuff.

As I was replying, the lab got back with the analysis of my test on monday: we have the English variant. I was hoping for a cool variant with little machine guns on the side or something, or maybe a custom job, but I'll take the extra spicy from England.
    B117? Ugh. Well, it's done hopefully, and you'll be fine shortly. *crosses fingers*

Merci beaucoup. My ex and I do our best - and they do their part by almost always having a great attitude. The love vegetables, don't mind when I make them eat vegan, don't care at all about brands, etc. Easy little bastards.
    Well, kudos to both of you, and keep hammering the environmental aspect of that eating plan, maybe they'll stick with it. ^_^ It'll be their world.

Very cool.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-15-2021 at 06:19 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

He uses double-fisted punches.

...sometimes with laced fingers.

I'm never voting Kirk. ^_^
    You're just mad that you were never able to unlock the secrets of Kirk-Fu

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    This pic is getting a workout today...

Gundam%20again.jpg
    Why are we here?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

B117? Ugh. Well, it's done hopefully, and you'll be fine shortly. *crosses fingers*
    Yup. That would be the one...

variant.jpg

All good here so far: the boys have no symptoms still, so that seems permanent, the empress only has a sore throat. I have a bit of a sinus headache, my slight sore throat and cough are gone, no more fever for 3 days now. This all could have been muuuuuch worse. The nice thing about all of us being positive now is that we could all hang out together last night and play cards and eat dinner for the first time in a week. That was both fun and violent.

Well, kudos to both of you, and keep hammering the environmental aspect of that eating plan, maybe they'll stick with it. ^_^ It'll be their world.

Very cool.
    They are still young enough that it's impossible to know what will develop long term, but for now, it's all good. My daughter won't let me spend to much on her clothes or shoes or anything. If something isn't worn out, she doesn't want it replaced. And if I tried to give her something with a big ol logo on it, she'd never, ever wear it. Same deal with the boys. Sure, they can bicker like cats and, well, more annoyed cats, but they also hang out, play, discuss things together, help each other with school work, are competitive with each other over grades... It's a learning experience for everyone and so far, mostly harmless.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Oh, it's true. Sharp hates that he's never figured out how to do that laced fingers strike.
    Power with Girl is better.

The more I read, the more I questioned my original assumption. I mean Kirk is tough, and he's smarter than he lets on. But I'm pretty sure he'd get the neutron flow kicked out of him by 3. I mean he makes it a point to be the smartest creature in the room at all times.