Default I was re-reading Conspirancy 1-2...

this
    https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/7795978.html

Made me think that hickman perhaps had read this...and is aiming to make it canonical to MU.
    Or is just a coincidence.
    Still I get some similar beat from Hickman's ideas.

So what do you think, I'm a bit paranoid or not?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Wait, what? Conspiracy isn't canon?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Wait, what? Conspiracy isn't canon?
    Technically, it's canon, insofar as it takes place in 616, but the cover story at the end is that the guy spouting those revelations is just a nut with a background in black ops that makes his paranoid rantings sound credible to the average listener, only he ends up dead after being taken into S.H.I.E.L.D. custody and presumably so does the protagonist later, so who knows? In light of all the past, present, and even future shadiness that S.H.I.E.L.D. has been known for . . . wouldn't necessarily put it past them.

Extraordinary Member

The New Warriors series that had Jubilee and Chamber on the team, already made this canon to the 616.

Some people say Mark Millar’s’ Marvel Knights Spider-Man series alluded to it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The New Warriors series that had Jubilee and Chamber on the team, already made this canon to the 616.

Some people say Mark Millar’s’ Marvel Knights Spider-Man series alluded to it as well.
    Yeah, Night Thrasher (Donyell Taylor) explicitly referenced the military-industrial complex and its attempts to exploit the SHRA so that they could secure superhumans as weapons for "national security interests" and profit as his reason to form the post-Civil War iteration of the New Warriors. And yeah, Mark Millar's Marvel Knights Spider-Man, particularly issue 9 of that, did have Mac Gargan/Scorpion (soon to become the new Venom) reveal to Peter/Spidey that supervillains, at least the earlier ones, were largely the product of an insidious corporate/governmental conspiracy to keep the growing superhero population occupied fighting colorfully costumed criminals with advanced weaponry and/or superhuman abilities as opposed to focusing on corrupt actors in the corporate and government spheres or using their own abilities to actively improve the world in ways that would reduce the wealth and power of those corrupt actors.