story by Ram V
    art by John McCrea
    cover by Mike Perkins
    ON SALE : 7/6/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    5 of 10
    card stock variant cover by Brian Bolland
    US $4.99
    Newly armed with the knowledge and powers he gained from the Green and yet lonelier than ever, Levi Kamei is pulled once more into service as the Avatar of the Green is summoned by primal forces to the city of London, where old ideas lie buried, slowly leaching into the reality above. The scars of old wars and the dangers of past ideologies resurface as the Swamp Thing must team up with an old trench-coated acquaintance and his new protégé to save the present from the atrocities of our past.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

That Bolland cover is amazing, I wouldn’t have thought him capable of something like that anymore.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I really hope this book gets a Deluxe Edition once it's complete. I need all of the covers oversized.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Do all Swamp Thing fans hate Doug Wheeler's run on the title?

There's almost nothing about this guy's run on the internet, just whispers about how bad it supposedly is. Which is suprising considering that he took over from Rick Veitch after the aborted issue 88, a controversy that overshadowed both Veitch and Wheeler's work on the book.

Personally I found his run inferior to Moore and Veitch's but still very above average in relation to the other DC titles at the time.
    Further to this, I've never read the Brian Vaughn or Nancy Collins runs. How do they stack up? Vaughn was pretty young at the time.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Further to this, I've never read the Brian Vaughn or Nancy Collins runs. How do they stack up? Vaughn was pretty young at the time.
    BKV's run focused mostly on Tefe, but it was decent. I personally loved Collins' run, and would recommend it above both Wheeler and BKV.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Of course Levi has to run into the worst person to be Swamp Thing around, Alec should have warned him about anyone named Constantine.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm enjoying that we are getting these short 2-issues story arcs in this mini, but last two are giving some serious red flags with Constantine and Suicide Squad involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm enjoying that we are getting these short 2-issues story arcs in this mini, but last two are giving some serious red flags with Constantine and Suicide Squad involvement.
    I mean at least Constantine makes sense thematically and given Alec and John’s history....the Squad is just involved because the Business men in charge called Waller for help.
    Words to live by.

Since it seems DC is never going to release #88 does anyone know if the script has been released and has Vetich's plans for Swamp Thing if he had not let been reveled.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Constantine is expected, he and Swampy are tied together. Suicide Squad... I’m fine with bringing them in as long as it’s self contained to the book itself which it seems to be.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Suicide Squad solicits:

Bloodsport's first mission with the Squad goes pear-shaped as the Crime Syndicate captures Amanda Waller's agent on Earth-3. By sending in a team to bring Bloodsport home, Waller may also be able to extract another Suicide Squad member for her new team, if she plays her cards right and doesn't care who else she loses in the process. As part of the team heads into the Multiverse, Peacemaker gets a new assignment to track down and eliminate Levi Kamei—the new Swamp Thing!
    It is not billed as a crossover so maybe it is going to be self contained, but both books are clearly telling same story.

So big question from reading Swamp Thing #4 that we probably should have talked about.

spoilers:
    Is Alec dead? I figured he might be considering JLD but he was around in Death Metal so I wasn't sure, but that whole just a memory thing seemed like he was pretty dead.
    end of spoilers
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Mondo is releasing a limited edition Swamp Thing print by Francesco Francavilla:

https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/swa...z-on-sale-info