What makes the DC Comics super-villainess Harley Quinn so simultaneously maddening and intriguing is her uncanny ability to moderate crime with personal aesthetics, making her an ideal 'avatar' for neo-modern crime-noir storytelling and comics folklore, so I thought I'd add an entertaining small piece about this strange diarism of the one Harley Quinn. Enjoy (and thanks for reading!),

====

Harley Quinn was formery the respected Danish psychiatriat Dr. Harleeen Quinzel, and her nickname was Delilah, since her impoverished mother felt her only darling daughter should have a nickname that sounded like some kind of flower. Harleen studied in Denmark and then at Harvard in America under the brilliant neuropsychiatrist Amlan Churchland ("AC"). When Harleen was disrobed from her profession ceremoniously after convicted of aiding an incarcerated super-maniac to break out of Arkham Asylum and head to the safe-boxes of a NYC bank where he robbed Dutch baron Dirk Kuyt of over $20 million worth of corrupt blood diamonds from South Africa, no one in the psychiatry community ever regarded Harleen/Delilah as a prominent figure in the annals of clinical medicine and civil affairs. Harleen/Delilah transformed herself into the horrible urban menace named Harley Quinn, a clown-costumed lusty abomination of anarchy and city terrorism. Harley Quinn moved back Denmark after sending the Washington Post the notice reading, "I helped this 'Joker' steal New York blood diamonds from Dirk Kuyt to scar our delusion that American securities remain uflawed by the criminal insanity of capitalism greed!"

DR. CHURCHLAND: "No one in their right mind thinks Harleen is a standing figure in law-abiding clinical medicine anymore!"

As the venomous Harley Quinn, Harleen/Delilah began investing in forms of pure mayhem in Denmark. She helped recruit goons and vandals who helped her raid ancient castles, spraying graffiti inside its walls. She was instrumental in the explosions at the Danish Police Headquarters where the controversial Commissioner Leo Hamlet was considering hyping his famed law office and linking it with the respected Euro-body Interpol. Harley Quinn was also behind the violent raid on the blood diamond factory in Denmark which had runners tie up gem highways and warlord traffic from South Africa to Belgium to New Zealand. At first glance, you might think Harleen/Delilah is a kind of neo-modern Annie Oakley, a self-invented radical crusader or feminist anti-heroine, but in fact, she remains a pure maniac or anarchist. Harley Quinn is a criminal messenger of the accessibility of urban chaos at the hands of those willing and clever enough to devise towers of great piracy. Harley Quinn now has an army of henchmen known as the Jack-of-Hearts team, and every one of these colored and masquerading gargoyles wields a miniature crossbow, conveniently concealed in their European trench-coats.

HARLEY QUINN: "I do not consider myself a Joan of Arc but rather a siren of hell, and I think we all need to send messages about pure disease today!"

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

harley1.jpg