Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

I changed my mind. Non-Stop Spider-Person looks hot.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's sometimes hard to get an audience invested in "new" relationships. Look what happened with Captain America and Sharon Carter in the movies.
    I think people would have liked a new love interest for Steve, it's just that Sharon was kind of boring. He had more chemistry with Nat and of course there are the Steve/Bucky or Steve/Sam shippers lol

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Spider-Marriage at the top of my list. Aunt May's death optional, the daughter optional, Miles within the same continuity optional... wait... actually... let Miles be in the same continuity, so he can be the rep for current teenagers. Let Miles be the teen Spidey, let Parker be the adult Spidey, problem solved. Although since in main continuity comics that's already the case, stop making Peter Parker the high schooler in other media too while we're at it, unless they're starting from the very beginning of every heroes.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Let Miles be the teen Spidey, let Parker be the adult Spidey, problem solved.
    This is a good point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    This is a good point.
    I have made this argument for years. But despite the success of Miles, obviously Marvel does not agree, which makes OMD look even worse in 2021, then when it was originally done. But OMD remains with not only no end in sight, but they love it so much they doubled up on OMD with Miles doing a deal with Mephisto. If you ask me when does OMD actually go away? I bet Amazing 1000 at the earliest.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 02-21-2021 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I have made this argument for years. But despite the success of Miles, obviously Marvel does not agree, which makes OMD look even worse in 2021, then when it was originally done. But OMD remains with not only no end in sight, but they love it so much they doubled up on OMD with Miles doing a deal with Mephisto. If you ask me when does OMD actually go away? I bet Amazing 1000 at the earliest.
    OMD has gone away. It's been over for a long time. There has been some fallout from the story, but that's what happens with continuity. It's like people complaining that Secret Wars isn't over yet because somebody is still running around in the black costume.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    OMD has gone away. It's been over for a long time. There has been some fallout from the story, but that's what happens with continuity. It's like people complaining that Secret Wars isn't over yet because somebody is still running around in the black costume.
    If it went away why did Spencer basically repeat BND? Why did MJ tell Kindred “He does not know.” Those references would not be there if OMD was gone.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, I mean how is this going to work? If they're going to keep Peter in college forever, does that mean Miles will be in high school forever...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

But OMD remains with not only no end in sight, but they love it so much they doubled up on OMD with Miles doing a deal with Mephisto.
    HE DID WHAT?!

No, wait, actually, now that I remember... I did hear about that, but only in passing, so I didn't know the details.

If it went away why did Spencer basically repeat BND? Why did MJ tell Kindred “He does not know.” Those references would not be there if OMD was gone.
    If the Night Gwen Stacy died is over, why is she still dead after that story?

The story is over. What YOU are looking for is the story to be erased from existence like it never happened. That's an entirely different thing, and extremely unlikely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    OMD has gone away.
    OMD isn't a story that is supposed to go away.

It's supposed to be the ugly stain on the wall there in every issue going forward.

That was the governing intent behind the story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's sometimes hard to get an audience invested in "new" relationships. Look what happened with Captain America and Sharon Carter in the movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Starting to sound like a set-up for a Spider-Man harem
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I mean he already has one just not with a ton of super heroes
    Nah. No harems. Just alternates to The Black Cat, whose doing her own adventures. Black Widow and Spider-Woman have their own ongoing series, which could allow for occasional guest appearances respectively. Tigra is a member of the NYPD. Jennifer Walters is an Intellectual Property Attorney who can see to it that all of Peter's inventions are protected. What I also want to see is Captain Britain(Betsy and Brian) to make an appearance in the world of Spider-Man...

BANNED

Well thing I do like that did get me back into Spider-Man was removing that "superior" mess.
    It was just godawful, I'm glad Ock is back to normal too and no longer pretending that copying Peter is character development.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Well thing I do like that did get me back into Spider-Man was removing that "superior" mess.
    It was just godawful, I'm glad Ock is back to normal too and no longer pretending that copying Peter is character development.
    I agree. The character was Slott's creation of his version of Spider-Man. Although, imagine if Dan Slott was allowed to keep Superior Spider-Man in place until issue #801? Jokes aside, I was surprise that none of his close allies had noticed anything odd about his behavior...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I agree. The character was Slott's creation of his version of Spider-Man. Although, imagine if Dan Slott was allowed to keep Superior Spider-Man in place until issue #801? Jokes aside, I was surprise that none of his close allies had noticed anything odd about his behavior...
    Yeah, that was the most insufferable part of Superior Spider-Man besides Otto Octavius's ego, that somehow everyone who knew Peter/Spider-Man in his day-to-day lives could just shrug off Otto's incredibly uncharacteristic behavior as Peter and Spidey, and even the people who knew him best, like Mary Jane and Aunt May, somehow couldn't tell Otto wasn't really Peter.
    The spider is always on the hunt.