Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

well a good ongoing title would be a nice start
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    For me it’s to tell the truth. Get Peter Parker back married to MJ, and Aunt May buried. What’s the big deal? I haven’t been a Spider-Man fan since One More day. Not really. I can’t write articles about him because of this thing hanging over him. How do other people feel about Spider-Man these days?

I think the thing holding Parker back is this idea of Peter Pan Marvel have to stick to. The never ageing boy. Is Superman still a bachelor with no children?
    Well said.SM was the first SH book I started reading. And I honestly liked him in the 90's mature 20 something guy taking care of all that matters in life and building a life with MJ. Who wasn't just his 'wife' but his partner. I haven't touched the book since, especially with Slott as writer. I don't know how Nick Spencer is.
    But I just don't have the stomach to read about a manchild. I get enough of that in real life.

Censorship Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I never left so it's a moot point for me.

A lot of people were really liking Spencer's run and were hoping Last Remains would be the thing that puts it over the top but the whole storyline lasted sooo long and nothing really happened. I also think that fans were banking everything on that story reversing OMD and when that didn't happen they are starting to write off the whole thing even though we're clearly more than end of Act 1 phase of run. I've heard more legitimate complaints that the run doesn't really try anything new (or at least it hasn't yet) and relies a lot on pulling on Spider-Man history including much maligned stuff.
    That is the problem with comic books now. When Act 1 takes 58 issues, roughly 5 dollars a pop, and you have to pay over $290 to get a story that would have been told in roughly three old comic books, you are taking the nose of the plane and driving it right into the ground. Plus, the story was Peter starting over again. How many times have we seen that? Ad nauseam.

Astonishing Member

Miles being played as a “teenager” is a disservice to his character. It just means that people don’t care about Miles.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

OMD is the straw that broke the camels back. The whole thing is tangled in retcons and faked deaths and so forth and so forth. To fix it even slightly - yes, OMD needs to be properly addressed and moved on from. Aunt May needs to die to advance the plot and add a layer we never had before.

The biggest layer to the mythos in so many years (probably since Venom) is Miles. He adds a whole new dynamo to Peters world and allows Peter to age up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    OMD is the straw that broke the camels back. The whole thing is tangled in retcons and faked deaths and so forth and so forth. To fix it even slightly - yes, OMD needs to be properly addressed and moved on from. Aunt May needs to die to advance the plot and add a layer we never had before.

The biggest layer to the mythos in so many years (probably since Venom) is Miles. He adds a whole new dynamo to Peters world and allows Peter to age up.
    The thing about Miles is that he would have been big and become big regardless of OMD. He originated in Ultimate Spider-Man and I think it's pretty damning that no creation or concept in the Post-OMD Spider-Man has made as big an impact as Miles, from an AU series that originated during the married era.

ITSV proves that Miles works very well as a foil to a married Spider-Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Miles being played as a “teenager” is a disservice to his character. It just means that people don’t care about Miles.
    It's not like Miles adds much anyway, he barely has or does anything worth caring about

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    It's not like Miles adds much anyway, he barely has or does anything worth caring about
    Neither does Peter but we still keep him.

BANNED

Neither does Peter but we still keep him.
    So the entirety of the Spider-Man brand and franchise isn't worth caring about is what you're saying

Astonishing Member

So the entirety of the Spider-Man brand and franchise isn't worth caring about is what you're saying
    That's the thing. He's not the entirety of the brand. He's still only a part of it.

Would you care to elaborate a little more? Because as far as I know every version of Miles (or at least ones in protagonist roles) have been explicitly younger then 20, with the sole exception of his old man version in "Miles Morales: The End."

BANNED

That's the thing. He's not the entirety of the brand. He's still only a part of it.
    He's only a part of it the same way the sun is only a part of the solar system.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

He adds so much.

Or COULD, should I say.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    He adds so much.

Or COULD, should I say.
    Well it's been a decade and the only worthwhile about Miles has been ITSV, and that movie(along with the sequel) still heavily featured Peter and a bunch of other Spider heroes.
    Like when is he gonna start adding to the mythos?

I've accepted Spider-Man is what it is a fun but ultimately meaningless ride in which nothing much will ever change or progress for long before a reset. I'm no longer emotionally invested in the characters and I really haven't been since OMD. But I do like a good mindless adventure story to distract from the horrors of this world.

While I enjoyed 80% of it, I was disappointed by the lackluster ending of Last Remains, I'd be lying if I said otherwise.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-15-2021 at 03:27 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."