Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Well it's been a decade and the only worthwhile about Miles has been ITSV, and that movie(along with the sequel) still heavily featured Peter and a bunch of other Spider heroes.
    Like when is he gonna start adding to the mythos?
    Nah, the other stuff is worthwhile. It just wasn't a movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Nah, the other stuff is worthwhile. It just wasn't a movie.
    The other stuff is largely rehashing what Peter's already done only in far less interesting way than when he did it.
    Even the things that should be major to miles barely matter, his mom dies, she just comes back, his uncle dies, he just comes back, his universe dies and it just comes back

1) Pick a numbering system and stick with it. I HATE legacy numbering it makes reading, understanding, and collecting comics a huge pain in the ass.

2) Make Peter Parker an every man again. He's not super rich, running a corporate empire, and etc. I don't care about another "nice guy" billionaire superhero since billionaires are rotten greedy evil bastards in real life.

3) One of the things that Stan Lee did was he allowed Peter to age in the Silver Age, he got his powers in high school, graduated high school, then went to and graduated college, he fell in love got married, and had a daughter, and Aunt May died. So why keep Peter Parker stuck as basically a 20 something man child especially when that role can filled by Miguel O'Hara, Ben Reilly, Miles Morales, Jessica Drew, Gwen Stacy, Cindy Moon, or any of the other Spider based superheroes.

4) Equal focus on Peter Parker and Spider-Man. Most of the SM comics I read I didn't give a rat's butt about Spider-Man battling the enemy of the month, but it was the soap opera aspect that I enjoyed.

5) Undo OMD.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 02-15-2021 at 03:38 PM.

If everything that happened in Clone Saga was undone ala One More Day/Brand New Day.

earning his PhD and having it be a settled matter. He doesn't have to be rich. but as an academic achievement, leave it be. No more bizarre takebacks. Even in a comic book world, it stretched credibility. in the real world, getting zonked for academic plagiarism is a kiss of death.
    No more relentless "dumb mistake/misunderstanding rendering him an outright loser where his peers hate him" scenarios.
    No more symbiote characters being portrayed as more righteous and ethical (or more powerful).
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 02-16-2021 at 08:41 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    1) Pick a numbering system and stick with it. I HATE legacy numbering it makes reading, understanding, and collecting comics a huge pain in the ass.

2) Make Peter Parker an every man again. He's not super rich, running a corporate empire, and etc. I don't care about another "nice guy" billionaire superhero since billionaires are rotten greedy evil bastards in real life.

3) One of the things that Stan Lee did was he allowed Peter to age in the Silver Age, he got his powers in high school, graduated high school, then went to and graduated college, he fell in love got married, and had a daughter, and Aunt May died. So why keep Peter Parker stuck as basically a 20 something man child especially when that role can filled by Miguel O'Hara, Ben Reilly, Miles Morales, Jessica Drew, Gwen Stacy, Cindy Moon, or any of the other Spider based superheroes.

4) Equal focus on Peter Parker and Spider-Man. Most of the SM comics I read I didn't give a rat's butt about Spider-Man battling the enemy of the month, but it was the soap opera aspect that I enjoyed.

5) Undo OMD.
    2's already been done. Peter's not a billionaire anymore, and technically never was, as he himself said he was taking a middle-management salary as Parker Industries CEO so the money that company made could be directed towards actually serving the public good. That said, I generally agree with you that the "heroic billionaire" trope should be retired by now, given all we know now about how billionaires in real life conduct themselves. 3-5 I definitely concur with you, and I personally think the numbering system would improve if Marvel didn't relaunch a comic each and every time it started a new run.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    earning his PhD and having it be a settled matter.
    No more relentless "dumb mistake/misunderstanding rendering him an outright loser where his peers hate him" scenarios.
    No more symbiote characters being portrayed as more righteous and ethical (or more powerful).
    I can generally agree with the first two points. As for the third, while I think symbiotes should be more powerful as a way to present a challenge to Spider-Man, given that most of them exacerbate the worst impulses and tendencies of their hosts and seem drawn to hosts teeming with negative impulses and tendencies, their overall morality should remain questionable.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    People don't actually want him to age. They want him to stay in the fun part of his marriage with MJ. They want his life to halt after that.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

The other stuff is largely rehashing what Peter's already done only in far less interesting way than when he did it.
    Even the things that should be major to miles barely matter, his mom dies, she just comes back, his uncle dies, he just comes back, his universe dies and it just comes back
    The movie takes liberally from the Spider-Men comic.Just because it streamline the comic in a 2 hour movie doesn't mean they just created it from nothing. The character himself has crossovered into the mainstream. Playing the "well which comic is actually iconic" is an inherently subjective argument that'll have people going in circles. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The movie takes liberally from the Spider-Men comic.Just because it streamline the comic in a 2 hour movie doesn't mean they just created it from nothing. The character himself has crossovered into the mainstream. Playing the "well which comic is actually iconic" is an inherently subjective argument that'll have people going in circles. lol
    The movie takes the basic premise of of having Peter and Miles team up, that's it.
    It was the movie that actually gave a Miles a real personality, struggles that were legitimately interesting to watch, compared to the comic version who has as much character as a wet napkin

The movie takes the basic premise of of having Peter and Miles team up, that's it.
    It was the movie that actually gave a Miles a real personality, struggles that were legitimately interesting to watch, compared to the comic version who has as much character as a wet napkin

The only thing the movie does differently from the origin comics is give Miles an interesting hobby. His personality is otherwise 1:1 with how it was in the comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The only thing the movie does differently from the origin comics is give Miles an interesting hobby. His personality is otherwise 1:1 with how it was in the comics.
    It isn't, Miles has 0 discernable personality in the comics, the movie had to make one up for him.

It isn't, Miles has 0 discernable personality in the comics, the movie had to make one up for him.
    Yes now I can tell you don't actually read his comics.

His indeciveness, feeling less comfortable in the mask and only gaining the confidence after a series of trials. Not feeling deserving of going to his new school. Feeling pressure to live up to his dad's expecations and feeling more comfortable and "like himself" around his Uncle Aaron. Trying to literally imitate what Peter would do from watching tapes of his past feats.

All of that got lifted directly from the comics. I don't care if you actually like his stories or the character or not, but to say that the movie created everything from scratch is a bold lie my dude.

I praise the movie for giving a more condensed origin than the comics and fleshing Miles out more by giving him his interest in the arts which also expanded to both the game and Saladin Ahmed's run.

BANNED

Notice how in all of that you named 0 unique character traits, just named standard protagonist stuff

Notice how in all of that you named 0 unique character traits, just named standard protagonist stuff
    What I did notice was how quick you were to move the goalpost. That somehow the stuff I listed don't count as part of his "character traits" is beyond me.

BANNED

It's not shifting goalposts because you can't make your case
    The only good version of Miles has been from ITSzv has been nothing but boring garbage kept around because Marvel liked to give Bendus whatever he wanted