Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    hercules plagued wonder woman on and off over the years. can't remember odin having any kind of presence in dc , at least zeus or hera appeared on the quintessence team. dc's loki appeared briefly in war of the gods.
    I know Odin and Asgard had a cameo in Simone's WW run, that was about it. I assumed he had more cameos after that though.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    dc thor died during ragnarok with supes and ww.

supes armed with mjolnir ,then ended the war. thor ,of course came back to life to reclaim back his hammer after supes do all the hard work.

hercules plagued wonder woman on and off over the years. can't remember odin having any kind of presence in dc , at least zeus or hera appeared on the quintessence team. dc's loki appeared briefly in war of the gods.
    Thor is making a come back in an upcoming issue of Wonder Woman.

https://www.gamesradar.com/thor-retu...her-evil-self/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Their is also the African Thunder god Shango from the Firestorm and Justice League books.

Maybe it's because I don't have context for the first panel. It looks like DC took a character from a different mythology and made them into a villain. If that's the case then no I don't want them using different mythologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Maybe it's because I don't have context for the first panel. It looks like DC took a character from a different mythology and made them into a villain. If that's the case then no I don't want them using different mythologies.
    No it was a storyline in Justice League and Justice Society where Green Lantern/Alan Scott's Starheart was effecting villains and heroes with magical and elemntal powers driving them crazy. Some of those effected was Shango, Fire, Ice, Supergirl, Power Girl, Firehawk, Felix Faust, Yellow Peri, Klarion, Red Volcano, Samurai, Naiad, Congorilla, Zatara ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Maybe it's because I don't have context for the first panel. It looks like DC took a character from a different mythology and made them into a villain. if that's the case then no I don't want them using different mythologies.
    uhmm, no? that should be MORE of a reason for them to use them and do it right. African mythology, Asian mythology, and other mythologies not from Catholicism, the Norse, the Roman, or Greek are just as accessible as those mythological canons; there is no reason for them to ever be barred.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

The only real use I see in Hercules being more a part of the DC Universe is a villain or as a boogeymen of Amazon history.
    Last edited by Gaius; 02-15-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Don't forget their appearances in Sandman. And that is canon.

Oh yes. It was...
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 02-15-2021 at 01:36 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    uhmm, no? that should be MORE of a reason for them to use them and do it right. African mythology, Asian mythology, and other mythologies not from Catholicism, the Norse, the Roman, or Greek are just as accessible as those mythological canons; there is no reason for them to ever be barred.
    Well yeah of course they should be used. But not if they're just used as punching bags and antagonist for DC's main heroes.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Thor will be showing up in May's issues of Wonder Woman. Possibly Loki as well, but that's just speculation based on the solicit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I’m a Hercules Unbound fan. I know DC’s played w. other versions but he’s my favorite.
    Even Walt Simonson had a pre-Thor go at him in the seventies.

It's weird how DC plays him as a hero and a villain.

Another view of good ol' Hercules...

"There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

You have wide variety of other choices like

Sun Wu Kung, Anubis , Balder, Gilgamesh, Shango, Balder, Czernobog, Quetzalcoatl ,Maui,etc

Why use something that will be compared another thing?

The whole point of D.C. using Thor and Odin is because they're such big characters at Marvel. It's fun to compare and contrast.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    dc should stop using the roman name and instead stay on the greek brand and call Hercules, Heracles.
    That does bug the pedant in me. Zeus, Ares, Artemis, etc. all the Greek names for Jupiter, Mars, Diana, etc. and Hercules, the Roman name for Herakles?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That does bug the pedant in me. Zeus, Ares, Artemis, etc. all the Greek names for Jupiter, Mars, Diana, etc. and Hercules, the Roman name for Herakles?
    Blame Marston. He used both Roman and Greek names interchangeably in his WW run and the writers after him followed suit. In Nubia's introductary story, Ares is constantly referred to as Mars. Marston does establish both names are valid but it can be maddening for those who consider them separate. Perez made the Greek mythological stuff more consistent. He even tried to explain why Diana was called Diana and why she wore patriotic colours by explaining that Steve Trevor's mother, Diana Rockewell Trevor, crash landed on Themyscira years ago and the costume and name was inspired by her.

Now if anybody has consolidated the fact that both Wonder Woman and Shazam (Captain Marvel) were based on Greek Roman myths, I am not sure.