Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I started watching the Joker movie on HBO Max, but then I stopped. Honestly, I wasn't that interested in the movie to begin with. I don't doubt that there are a lot of people who are interested in that. I, personally, don't care about the Joker outside of the context of Batman, which is why I was eager to watch The Killing Joke, warts and all, but have put The Joker on the backburner and postponed watching further.

I'd say what I don't like about the Donner story is that I think Superman would get some cabin fever if he did that for 12 years, but they give the illusion that he's virtually traveling the cosmos, and I think that's cool. Maybe a modernized take of Donner would be he interspersed virtually traveling through space with some downtime on Earth.
    If he discovers the Fortress or like in Man of Steel movie, if he finds the Kryptonian ship and Jor-El AI, I find it interesting that he is studying it and learning about Krypton and all the knowledge, but he could also do other human things in his free time. I mean, he needs to eat and take a shower, etc. He can do both and even travel the Earth during some periods of time.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    If he discovers the Fortress or like in Man of Steel movie, if he finds the Kryptonian ship and Jor-El AI, I find it interesting that he is studying it and learning about Krypton and all the knowledge, but he could also do other human things in his free time. I mean, he needs to eat and take a shower, etc. He can do both and even travel the Earth during some periods of time.
    Makes sense, but I do like the idea that Supes is so dedicated to learn more about Krypton, the universe, etc., that he would literally drop everything he's doing and go away for a few months or even a couple years and focus on that. Twelve years is kind of long, though.

I'm on the reverse side of that - I prefer the golden age setup where Clark did not learn about his origins until after he became Superman, and Krypton did not loom large in his mind. Not to say he didn't care at all or that he wasn't curious, but that it's small thing in his mind/life, not a large one. And he certainly wouldn't give up his present (or planned future) to chase his past.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 02-18-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm on the reverse side of that - I prefer the golden age setup where Clark did not learn about his origins until after he became Superman, and Krypton did not loom large in his mind. Not to say he didn't care at all or that he wasn't curious, but that it's small thing in his mind/life, not a large one. And he certainly wouldn't give up his present (or planned future) to chase his past.
    I should clarify that I interpreted the Donner story as one where his biggest questions for him at that time were who was he, where did he come from, and what can he do with the rest of his life, and he his little trek helped answer most of those questions. Once he got back, he was satisfied enough where he could make new plans on how to live.