Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Favorite Wonder Woman Moments in Media.

Comics, films, cartoons, video games, what are some of your favorite Wonder Woman moments?

It doesn't have to be Diana, it can be any Wonder Woman character ranging from the Wonder Family to Villainy Inc., any moment of theirs is up for grabs.

It also doesn't have to be from a Wonder Woman title, any media with a Wonder Woman characters is fair game.

Damn, lots to pick from.

For some comics stuff:

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Not only do I think this is the best WW has looked animated, its also one of my favorite fight scenes of hers in animation/live action

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

I hate that image. Wonder Woman shouldn't act like that. Her lasso is right there and it's more than enough to incapacitate him.
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-14-2021 at 11:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I hate that image. Wonder Woman shouldn't act like that. Her lasso is right there and it's more than enough to incapacitate him.
    Not like she's putting all of her weight on him.

This moment in the first WW film was so cool when she got so angry.

This scene too from JL movie when she was amused at Aquaman telling the truth haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Not like she's putting all of her weight on him.
    In what context do people usually put their feet on someone's head? I think it's far beneath her. It's humiliating and for absolutely no reason.

Film:
    - No Man's Land scene from Wonder Woman (2017). Still well up and get goosebumps with that scene.
    - "No Charlie, who will sing for us?"
    - "It's not about deserve, it's about what you believe. And I believe in love." (If only this wasn't immediately followed by that terrible Ares line.)
    - The moment she first appears in costume in BvS.
    - that awe-inspiring leap into the air during the fight on the road in Wonder Woman 1984.

TV:
    - The first time Diana spins with the flash of light in the Wonder Woman TV show. I'm like 5 years old all over again when I see it.
    - Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl racing to save the day at the end of the first season.
    - Diana catchin the exploding projectile and throwing it back, which I think is from the episode "Beauty on parade".

Animation:
    - Wonder Woman vs the Furies from Superman/Batman Apocalypse.

Comics:
    Too many! But a few that are resonating today...
    - Diana's utter surprise to the gun during the first Perez issue is just delightful.
    - Diana shedding her eagle armour to fight Devastation.
    - Diana and Lois playing pool and Diana talking about living with the truth during WW #170
    - Hippolyta trying to save the day from Imperiex in #172 is just heroic, HEARTBREAKING and powerful every time.
    - Diana walking out of her armory to face Medousa during the first Rucka run.
    - "We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it."
    - Diana's bullets and bracelets moment at the mall in Year One.
    - Diana holding Barbara Ann as she cries through her bloodlust during the second Rucka run.
    - Everything about Steve Orlando's debut issue with Mayfly.

In what context do people usually put their feet on someone's head? I think it's far beneath her. It's humiliating and for absolutely no reason.
    So what do you make of this?

maxresdefault.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So what do you make of this?

maxresdefault.jpg
    What do you mean? I haven't watched or read Red Son, but I just checked out the clip and apparently Batman uses the mind control power of the lasso to compel Diana to kill herself if he gets hurt. What exactly is your question in relation to what I wrote previously?

What do you mean? I haven't watched or read Red Son, but I just checked out the clip and apparently Batman uses the mind control power of the lasso to compel Diana to kill herself if he gets hurt. What exactly is your question in relation to what I wrote previously?
    You should check out the context in which she had to pin Batman down.

Nobody complained about WW getting humilated in an animated movie and placed in an incredibly suggestive pose but show her doing the same to the Bat God in a situation where he had it coming?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    You should check out the context in which she had to pin Batman down.

Nobody complained about WW getting humilated in an animated movie and placed in an incredibly suggestive pose but show her doing the same to the Bat God in a situation where he had it coming?
    I read the Hiketeia. Doesn't mean I like the fact that it is the cover of the story and that I've seen that inage far too many times. And cmon, of course sexualizing Diana is bad also.

Astonishing Member

If Bruce had been humiliated like that on a regular basis more often he probably wouldn't be the obnoxious guy he's become today.
    Last edited by The World; 02-15-2021 at 06:11 AM.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

I agree that Bruce is a jerk. Doesn't mean I accept Diana stepping on someone's head.

And my point is that stepping on someone's head or neck isn't an image that represents justice. It's not how I like to think of Diana and I don't understand for the life of me why that would be someone's favorite example of how wonder Woman has been presented in media.