Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Comics, films, cartoons, video games, what are some of your favorite Wonder Woman moments?

It doesn't have to be Diana, it can be any Wonder Woman character ranging from the Wonder Family to Villainy Inc., any moment of theirs is up for grabs.

It also doesn't have to be from a Wonder Woman title, any media with a Wonder Woman characters is fair game.
    I really enjoyed the Supergirl TV spots scored to Boots Are Made For Walking

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yeah the boat scene was amazing. I remember sitting in the theater and being shocked by how they just kept going. Most Marvel movies would've cut after the whole "My father is Zeus- That's neat". But in the WW movies you don't cut after a punchline, you keep going, letting the characters talk calmly in a funny but endearing way about their lives and the world. That's what made the relationship between Steve and Diana so good. There are some Marvel movies that still had that, like Winter Soldier, Iron Man 1, Spider-man Homecoming (and even Far From Home to a degree), but I still feel like the boat scene is one of the best.

Shout out to the White House sequence also, in particular Diana vs Cheetah. Not just the action but the characterization in between and through the action. My favorite action scene with Wonder Woman. She is vulnerable and kind of gets her ass handed to her, but she even at this level of strength she still manages to show diversity in combat and an awareness of the enviroment.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1qrJB53f6A
    I heard most of the boat scene was improve too. I don't know how much but I think it works so well because it felt like a natural conversation.

I love how she's saving the people at the Whitehouse as well. Like when Barbara was going to slam one guy into the pillar and Diana just gently catches him so he doesn't get hurt.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/RCO082_w_1550194635.jpg[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Why that one? Not criticizing, just curious.

Because Cheetah peeping through the window like that makes me rolf

Oh, I also love this one were Diana defeats Cheetah by making her feel good about herself.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    But in terms of comics, I think my favorite guidebook is the DC Retroactive Wonder Woman issue about the 90s, along with the accompanying tale "A Suddenly Deadly Leap". I appreciate the pacifist with a strong grip, but I think it always lacked a certain enthusiasm and quirky sense of humor. I love the idea that Diana was laughing all the way while mounting a spaceship. Plus it shows the diversity her stories can have.

I like both of these! Messner-Loebs doesn't get enough credit...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I like it!

Spectacular Member

Mine comes from the second season of the Lynda Carter TV show. In the episode entitled, “The Pied Piper”, one of the villains confronts WW and asks, “Are you the real Wonder Woman?” and she looks him dead in the eye and says, “Don’t make me prove it.” I love that line! It’s a plea and a warning all at the same time. Of course he proceeds to make her prove it!

I also love the opening three minute clip from the “Batman: Brave and the Bold” episode that someone posted earlier. Makes me sad that we never got an actual WW series in that classic style.
    Last edited by The I.A.D.C.; 02-15-2021 at 06:34 PM.

Always liked this moment:

Someone should make the laughing cat meme with Cheetah and Diana.

Anyway, favorite WW moments:

-Defeating Ares by showing him the consequences of his actions in Perez's run.

-The 'don't raise your hand until you've extended it first' scene.

-Blinding herself to fight the Gorgons. Defeating Bararios with Medusa's head.

-Telling Donna 'No object, not even one from the Gods is worth more than a single hair on your head'. I'm paraphrasing.

-Reuniting with an aged Steve Trevor at the end of the WW2 JL episode.

-Defeating Ares two kids with the power of love in WW Rebirth.

-Defeating the plant god and restoring Cheetah to her human form in Rebirth.

-"There's the door, spaceman."

-Breaking up the fight between Superman and Batman written by Cooke telling them that love was the only way forward.
    Last edited by John Venus; 02-16-2021 at 02:38 AM.

I need to read more Wonder Woman. Please recommend me something great.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

-Telling Donna 'No object, not even one from the Gods is worth more than a single hair on your head'. I'm paraphrasing.

-Breaking up the fight between Superman and Batman written by Cooke telling them that love was the only way forward.
    I love this selection 😻

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

One of favorite moments too from the Perez era. Liked they did a version of it for WW'84 with Max.