Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Christopher Nolan WISHES he could capture the realism of Con Air.
    I don't know what this means?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The movie starts off pretty grounded and just gets more and more impracticle as the movie goes on to the point of achieving a fever dream like quality. Like, why would 2 FBI and DEA bureaucrats John Cusack and discount John C Reilly be able to ride a helicopter?

Also after wathcing Face Off, Bad Lieutenant, Vampire's Kiss, and Con Air back to back I think Nicolas Cage might be the greatest actor Hollywood has ever given us.
    A lot of what you say makes sense, and in another life I think we could even have been friends, but how dare you call the wonderful Colm Meaney a discount John C Reilly.

This is one of the few Cage movies I haven't seen. That and The Rock. I think I'll take a gander at it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    A lot of what you say makes sense, and in another life I think we could even have been friends, but how dare you call the wonderful Colm Meaney a discount John C Reilly.
    Chief O'Brien is in this???? Heck I might see this tonight, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    This is one of the few Cage movies I haven't seen. That and The Rock. I think I'll take a gander at it this weekend.

Those are like his two best action movies. See them!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

if it were the real world, no convenient hero can save the day. hopefully no serial killers get to wander.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One thing's for sure...

Cage's hair in that flick?

It is the realest.
    He never looked more sexy.

Fun movie. I liked the emotional story with his wife and kid. The song at the end is perfect.

Ultimate Member

Really? Those are about the only two decent Cage movies out there

BANNED

Wait till he finds out James Bond is in the Rock

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Wait till he finds out James Bond is in the Rock
    Its one of those movies I know a bunch of facts about but never actually seen it. So I already knew about Connery in the Rock. Colm Meaney in Con Air though somehow slipped past me. I always try to support Smiley when I can.

But one thing at a time. Con Air, then The Rock.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Red Rock West is another great Nicolas Cage action movie that doesn't get enough credit.

Its one of those movies I know a bunch of facts about but never actually seen it. So I already knew about Connery in the Rock. Colm Meaney in Con Air though somehow slipped past me. I always try to support Smiley when I can.

But one thing at a time. Con Air, then The Rock.
    GG may have actually meant exactly what he(or she...) said.

Keep an eye out. There's a lot going on, so it's easy to just tune that aspect of the story out.

Red Rock West is another great Nicolas Cage action movie that doesn't get enough credit.
    Absolutely. Great modern film noir.

GG may have actually meant exactly what he(or she...) said.
    Is this that theory that Connery's character actually is Bond? I remember reading that before.

Keep an eye out. There's a lot going on, so it's easy to just tune that aspect of the story out.
    Noted.

Is this that theory that Connery's character actually is Bond? I remember reading that before.

Well, it isn't absolutely confirmed.

That said...

Have you ever read enough Wildstorm comics to know that "Deathblow" is actually a call sign, and that a few different men have been call sign "Deathblow"?

That's the theory about why so many different men have been "James Bond". In the film, a guy who looks a whole lot like one of those men and fits into the timeline with a sort of familiar set of skills turns up.

Well, it isn't absolutely confirmed.

That said...

Have you ever read enough Wildstorm comics to know that "Deathblow" is actually a call sign, and that a few different men have been call sign "Deathblow"?

That's the theory about why so many different men have been "James Bond". In the film, a guy who looks a whole lot like one of those men and fits into the timeline with a sort of familiar set of skills turns up.
    I'm not familiar with Deathblow, but I am with the concept and the "James Bond is just a codename" theory. I'm personally not a fan of it, which is why it didn't immediately click and I thought he was talking about the actor, not that theory.

But I learned most of Cage's movies, if not all of them, should be taken as varying degrees of "just shut up and enjoy the ride". Example: its the only way IMO to enjoy The Wicker Man. If the Rock is, in addition to being enjoyable, a lot of "He's James Bond wink wink nudge nudge" then it sounds like more Cage goodness.