Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I didn’t think Uatu or the Watchers were in the Class 1000 stats category, but you made me go and check. Uatu’s stats were:

F: Amazing
    A: Amazing
    S: Amazing
    E: Unearthly
    R: Unearthly
    I: Unearthly
    P: Unearthly

But... among his many, many powers, it did list him as having both Class 1000 Forcefield Generation and Class 1000 True Invulnerability.

So he’s really, really, really hard to hurt.

It puts him sub-Odin but probably comparable with Zeus.

(Edit: BTW, I occasionally still have to momentarily think of the stats in D&D, which I play regularly, but I will always remember the FASERIP system until my dying day.)
    Well, it seems my memory betrayed me! I'll blame covid (I'm currently infected and feverish and living in isolation, sooooooo).
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I can take him.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Just in terms of Watchers relative to Galactus, in Annihilation one of them was caught in the energy wave Big G fired off that cooked multiple star systems and was reduced to a skeleton.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    I can take him.
    Get 'im

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Well, it seems my memory betrayed me! I'll blame covid (I'm currently infected and feverish and living in isolation, sooooooo).
    Dude, take care of yourself and get better.

That’s an order, dammit.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Gaaah, what?

Stay safe, man. Please.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Get well soon big. I know how you feel, I tested positive too about 6 weeks ago.

Hope you have a swift recovery.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Crap. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thanks all! It's not so bad so far. My sons both tested positive on Thursday. My daughter and I were both neg. Saturday night I suspected a fever coming on, but it wasn't really evident. Sunday morning, 39.5C. Fortunately, 2 ibuprofen controlled the fever completely. I knew what it was, I didn't bother with the confirmation test until yesterday, when, go figure, I was positive. My daughter, bless her invincible soul, is still negative. Yesterday also my fever at wake was a doughty 40.5. But again, 2 ibuprofens controlled it all day.

Same this morning, some fever but nowhere near that level, ibuprofen, and 14 hours later I'm still body temp. I've got a scratchy throat and a little cough, but I've gone to work feeling worse than this many times. Here's crossing fingers that it stays that way.

As an aside, the government is testing every adult with the Rona in Ile de France to determine the variant, but they don't communicate it to the patient. I'm kind of mad about this. I wanted to know what team I was on.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Just in terms of Watchers relative to Galactus, in Annihilation one of them was caught in the energy wave Big G fired off that cooked multiple star systems and was reduced to a skeleton.

Get 'im
    I'm still not quite sure what that means when a character can literally just decide not to be dead anymore.

Watchers have also been able to completely hide themselves even from Galactus's cosmic senses and machinery.

They've also showed the ability to teleport themselves and others through time and space with little to now effort.

So Superman is going to be fighting a guy that he can't see, hear, smell, or anything and even if he does hit can go "Nope. That didn't kill me," and can retaliate by teleporting him back to Krypton right as it explodes.

So yeah, Superman isn't winning this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    I can take him.
    Hahaha, yes, I bewieve you can take him.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm still not quite sure what that means when a character can literally just decide not to be dead anymore.

Watchers have also been able to completely hide themselves even from Galactus's cosmic senses and machinery.

They've also showed the ability to teleport themselves and others through time and space with little to now effort.

So Superman is going to be fighting a guy that he can't see, hear, smell, or anything and even if he does hit can go "Nope. That didn't kill me," and can retaliate by teleporting him back to Krypton right as it explodes.

So yeah, Superman isn't winning this.
    The Watcher doesn't have any speed feats, so he can't exactly see Superman blitzing him, either. And since this is defaulting to Khazan, the Watcher has a very limited amount of places to teleport or hide from Clark's own heightened senses, and he is fast enough to check out the whole arena while the Watcher just stands there. Does the Watcher default to being hidden? Or is that something that he would need to activate at the bell? If activation, then Clark will be ringing his bell, especially if the Watcher's force field also needs activation.

The Watcher doesn't have any speed feats, so he can't exactly see Superman blitzing him, either. And since this is defaulting to Khazan, the Watcher has a very limited amount of places to teleport or hide from Clark's own heightened senses, and he is fast enough to check out the whole arena while the Watcher just stands there. Does the Watcher default to being hidden? Or is that something that he would need to activate at the bell? If activation, then Clark will be ringing his bell, especially if the Watcher's force field also needs activation.
    Speed is ... a weird one here. Watcher have never shown that anything was going too fast for them to see. They've perfectly observed and kept track of things traveling faster than light through the cosmos, The Watcher we all know and love was even able to keep track of Thanos's battle against the other cosmics during the Infinity Gauntlet, where, among other things, we was able to observe Thanos being thrown though time itself (he also stood there unaffected as energies that destroyed solar systems were tossed around) but I can't think of any instances where any Watcher has been shown to be moving fast themselves. Of course, I can't think of any where they've needed to. Similar to beings like the Celestials, Eternity, and those types, when you're that powerful speed just doesn't seem to be an issue.

As for Superman being able to search the entire area and forcefields, Watchers have also shown the ability to change their size as well as becoming intangible. So good luck searching for something that's literally impossible for him to detect or interact with.

The absolute best case scenario for Superman is that he IS able to blitz the Watcher and hit him hard enough for a ten count (after which the Watcher would just stand back up and decide he wasn't damaged anymore) but if the Watcher even has time to think, there's nothing Superman can do to stop him.

Speed is ... a weird one here. Watcher have never shown that anything was going too fast for them to see. They've perfectly observed and kept track of things traveling faster than light through the cosmos, The Watcher we all know and love was even able to keep track of Thanos's battle against the other cosmics during the Infinity Gauntlet, where, among other things, we was able to observe Thanos being thrown though time itself (he also stood there unaffected as energies that destroyed solar systems were tossed around) but I can't think of any instances where any Watcher has been shown to be moving fast themselves. Of course, I can't think of any where they've needed to. Similar to beings like the Celestials, Eternity, and those types, when you're that powerful speed just doesn't seem to be an issue.

As for Superman being able to search the entire area and forcefields, Watchers have also shown the ability to change their size as well as becoming intangible. So good luck searching for something that's literally impossible for him to detect or interact with.

The absolute best case scenario for Superman is that he IS able to blitz the Watcher and hit him hard enough for a ten count (after which the Watcher would just stand back up and decide he wasn't damaged anymore) but if the Watcher even has time to think, there's nothing Superman can do to stop him.
    This is about where I think this goes.

If there are no relevant speed feats for Uatu then won't be able to do any of that before Superman reacts.

Having said that, I think Superman just can't hurt Uatu or, like you said, worst case scenario is Uatu just regenerates