Spectacular Member

Default Thoughts on which TPB to get

Hey so my girlfriends parents gave me 50 Dollars back in December for Chanukah to spend and only now am I about to choose which. I am split between the Superman: The Man of Steel Volume 1 and Green Lantern: Circle of Fire.

I have read both before and had the individual issues, but now I'm not sure which to get.

Any feelings which you would

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adamishere1 View Post
    Hey so my girlfriends parents gave me 50 Dollars back in December for Chanukah to spend and only now am I about to choose which. I am split between the Superman: The Man of Steel Volume 1 and Green Lantern: Circle of Fire.

I have read both before and had the individual issues, but now I'm not sure which to get.

Just get whichever character you like most.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Or if GL and Superman are your thing, maybe dip your toe in the pool with a story you haven't read before??
    There are some great tales with both characters that are available in trade.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Or if GL and Superman are your thing, maybe dip your toe in the pool with a story you haven't read before??
    There are some great tales with both characters that are available in trade.
    Agreed. All-Star Superman is pretty great.

Incredible Member

that superman was the john byrne mini series reboot , wasn't it. GL Circle of fire was a kyle rayner event when he was the only gl after parallax hal destroyed oa and the guardians. if you have the individual issues and read it before , why do you need the collection , get something you want to read but never read before.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Agreed. All-Star Superman is pretty great.
    I have that, and signed by everyone involved :-) but agreed

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    that superman was the john byrne mini series reboot , wasn't it. GL Circle of fire was a kyle rayner event when he was the only gl after parallax hal destroyed oa and the guardians. if you have the individual issues and read it before , why do you need the collection , get something you want to read but never read before.
    Most of my collection is gone and I am in another country, so it would be a fresh purchase rather than buying something I already have

Both are great, and, if you love John Byrne, Man of Steel is your book. That said, Man of Steel is just Byrne and, mostly, Superman, while Circle of Fire features not only a bunch of other characters (JLA, Power Girl, Adam Strange, Atom, Firestorm, etc...) other than Kyle Green Lantern, Rayner, but also many different cool creators, (Norm Breyfogle, Cary Nord, Darryl Banks, etc..)so, it has many more different flavors than Man of Steel (unless that is your favorite flavor). Also, Man of Steel is just the starting point of a bigger saga, while Circle of Fire is a totally self-contained story. I'd go with Circle of Fire, but, as I said, it depends on what you are truely looking for.

Peace