Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I honestly don't get why they couldn't just make Heroes Reborn monthly or bi weekly. I let it slide for Empyre because they went on hiatus for a couple of months, but that was a one off, under special circumstances.
    I guess even Marvel want it to be over and out as quick as possible.

BANNED

Man, I hope Cable continues with Duggan after Kid Cable is gone, because he's the best writer for the character in years, since Deadpool and Uncanny Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    There no Avengers book in May because of Heroes Reborn - the premise of the event is that they don't exist. It also serves to give a break to writers and artists, I guess
    Seems kinda strange though considering that plenty of books with characters involved in events where they don’t tie into the event itself. Would’ve been a good time to show what the Avengers are like in this world more in depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Seems kinda strange though considering that plenty of books with characters involved in events where they don’t tie into the event itself. Would’ve been a good time to show what the Avengers are like in this world more in depth.
    i think that they are using heroes reborn to skip month these books.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    As if you were zooming in for the fingers.
    That's definitely not what I was focusing on.

That out of the way I really am looking forward to this book. The descriptions are getting me pretty pumped.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I honestly don't get why they couldn't just make Heroes Reborn monthly or bi weekly. I let it slide for Empyre because they went on hiatus for a couple of months, but that was a one off, under special circumstances.
    I guess even Marvel want it to be over and out as quick as possible.
    I really don’t understand this thinking, especially during COVID, where a lot of people are losing a lot of disposable income. If I didn’t buy the entire XoS on eBay for a third of the price retail, I was really considering bombing out of X-Men because I really only committed for Hickman. Had fun with the event so no complaints on my end.

Burning out a lot of stable readers by converting their regular series into an overpriced weekly seems to me like an excuse for a lot of people to jump off.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spit and Syntax View Post
    I really don’t understand this thinking, especially during COVID, where a lot of people are losing a lot of disposable income. If I didn’t buy the entire XoS on eBay for a third of the price retail, I was really considering bombing out of X-Men because I really only committed for Hickman. Had fun with the event so no complaints on my end.

Burning out a lot of stable readers by converting their regular series into an overpriced weekly seems to me like an excuse for a lot of people to jump off.
    I think Marvel are getting cocky. The 2020's is starting to become a lot like the 90's again with Heroes Reborn, Miles' Clone Saga and so many Marvels off shoots. That along with DC failing to reach the success they once had and Image starting to gain success again, with Todd once again putting Spawn into a greater Universe.
    I mean face it, Marvel are currently #1 at the moment, but they are riding way too high.
    They've got two books at the moment, which are soon to be ending which have become a runaway success and two successful events.
    I don't actually mind the amount of X titles, there's something for everyone, and I enjoyed XoS a lot, but man that was a pain to collect.

Heroes reborn is overkill, I'm tapping out with this one.
    If it was published less frequently, then maybe, but with event fatigue, the fact that it looks to be of no importance to any book I'm reading and the fact I'm currently not working due to a Pandemic, I just can't do it right now.

Maybe they saw that People bought Empyre when that was weekly, I know I did.
    Regardless, I'm glad May is going to be a quiet month for me, it means I can just focus on the books I will be getting, and allowing myself a nice break due to the fact that a lot of books I'll be getting in May are minis.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Reroes Heborn!

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I think Marvel are getting cocky. The 2020's is starting to become a lot like the 90's again with Heroes Reborn, Miles' Clone Saga and so many Marvels off shoots. That along with DC failing to reach the success they once had and Image starting to gain success again, with Todd once again putting Spawn into a greater Universe.
    I mean face it, Marvel are currently #1 at the moment, but they are riding way too high.
    They've got two books at the moment, which are soon to be ending which have become a runaway success and two successful events.
    I don't actually mind the amount of X titles, there's something for everyone, and I enjoyed XoS a lot, but man that was a pain to collect.

Heroes reborn is overkill, I'm tapping out with this one.
    If it was published less frequently, then maybe, but with event fatigue, the fact that it looks to be of no importance to any book I'm reading and the fact I'm currently not working due to a Pandemic, I just can't do it right now.

Maybe they saw that People bought Empyre when that was weekly, I know I did.
    Regardless, I'm glad May is going to be a quiet month for me, it means I can just focus on the books I will be getting, and allowing myself a nice break due to the fact that a lot of books I'll be getting in May are minis.
    Well what I plan on doing is just buying the Heroes Reborn trade and buying only the X-Titles.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    On-sale May 5

• AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #65
    • AMERICA CHAVEZ: MADE IN THE USA #3
    • CARNAGE: BLACK, WHITE & BLOOD #3
    • CHILDREN OF THE ATOM #3
    • HELLIONS #11
    • HEROES REBORN #1
    • IMMORTAL HULK #46
    • IRON FIST: HEART OF THE DRAGON #5
    • MARAUDERS #20
    • STAR WARS: WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS ALPHA #1
    • STAR WARS: WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS ALPHA - DIRECTOR'S CUT #1
    • STRANGE ACADEMY #10
    • THANOS QUEST: MARVEL TALES #1
    • THE UNION #5
    • THOR & LOKI: DOUBLE TROUBLE #3
    • X-MEN: CURSE OF THE MAN-THING #1

On-sale May 12

• BLACK CAT #6
    • CONAN THE BARBARIAN #21
    • FANTASTIC FOUR #32
    • GIANT-SIZE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: KING'S RANSOM #1
    • GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #14
    • HEROES REBORN #2
    • HEROES REBORN: HYPERION & THE IMPERIAL GUARD #1
    • HEROES REBORN: PETER PARKER, THE AMAZING SHUTTERBUG #1
    • NON-STOP SPIDER-MAN #3
    • SILK #3
    • SPIDER-MAN: THE SPIDER'S SHADOW #2
    • SPIDER-WOMAN #12
    • STAR WARS #13
    • STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC #5
    • X-CORP #1
    • X-FACTOR #9
    • X-MEN #20

On-sale May 19

• AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #66
    • BLACK KNIGHT: CURSE OF THE EBONY BLADE #3
    • CHAMPIONS #7
    • DAREDEVIL #30
    • FANTASTIC FOUR: LIFE STORY #1
    • HEROES REBORN #3
    • HEROES REBORN: MAGNETO & THE MUTANT FORCE #1
    • IMMORTAL HULK: TIME OF MONSTERS #1
    • RUNAWAYS #36
    • SHANG-CHI #1
    • STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #12
    • THE MIGHTY VALKYRIES #2
    • THE TRIALS OF ULTRAMAN #3
    • WAY OF X #2
    • WOLVERINE #12

On-sale May 26

• ALIEN #3
    • BETA RAY BILL #3
    • BLACK WIDOW #7
    • CABLE #11
    • HEROES REBORN #4
    • HEROES REBORN: SIEGE SOCIETY #1
    • HEROES REBORN: YOUNG SQUADRON #1
    • MAESTRO: WAR AND PAX #5
    • MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #26
    • NEW MUTANTS #18
    • REPTIL #1
    • STAR WARS: DARTH VADER #12
    • STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #10
    • THE MARVELS #2
    • X-MEN LEGENDS #4

No X-Force, Excalibur and S.W.O.R.D this month
    Question, is there also an oversight for the comics in April someone can show me, pretty please?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Man, I hope Cable continues with Duggan after Kid Cable is gone, because he's the best writer for the character in years, since Deadpool and Uncanny Avengers.
    Agree with that. Give him a new artist and let Duggan relaunch OG Cable. He wrote him incredibly well during his stint on Uncanny Avengers.

Between X-Corp, Way of X, AND X-Men Legends, this is a good time to be an X-Men fan. And it looks like it'll get better as the weather gets warmer. :-)
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agree with that. Give him a new artist and let Duggan relaunch OG Cable. He wrote him incredibly well during his stint on Uncanny Avengers.
    Yep, I had to buy the trades for the entire run because it's just that good. He aced Cable's characterization from the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Yep, I had to buy the trades for the entire run because it's just that good. He aced Cable's characterization from the very beginning.
    I keep hoping they’ll put out a hardcover of that run, with Rogue and Deadpool and Cable on the Unity Squad along with Wasp, Doctor Voodoo, Human Torch and Captain America. It was great, and Pepe Larraz and Ryan Stegman did the art for it too.

Some of my favorite runs had Rogue and Cable on a team together. Duggan’s UA run and Carey’s X-men “Supernovas” run.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

On what website can you find out what exact date the issues are on sale? Want to find out, so I can schedule my orders better.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"