Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    That sounds like an ending solicit.
    It's not ending, Leah already confirmed that X-Factor will be part of the Hellfire Gala which is happening in June, and also the reason why the series skips April.

That text is actually an incomplete part from the Marvel article where they revealed the X-Factor and X-Men covers separately a week ago(to give some promo I guess). I think the issue description itself will be the last part only. (As far as I know this isn't the official solicitation yet?)

After a brief hiatus in the month of April, X-MEN and X-FACTOR will return in May with X-MEN #20 and X-FACTOR #9. The two series will pick up right where things left off with new villains, surprising guest stars, and shocking new developments that will affect the entire mutant world as the REIGN OF X continues!

One of the most talked about books of today, X-FACTOR has answered some of the biggest questions about the X-Men’s new era! The critically acclaimed series by writer Leah Williams and artist David Baldeón has been packed with unpredictable mysteries and fascinating character insights. March’s X-FACTOR #8 will see the team of mutant detective’s devastating battle with the Morrigan erupt in a showdown that will reach its shocking conclusion in May’s X-FACTOR #9, complete with a return visit to the Mojoverse and rockstar guests: Dazzler and Lila Cheney!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...led-may-covers
    Be kind, it's FREE

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Would also be a bit odd, given the writer went on record to how Polaris potentialy getting put on the X-men would not affect her showing up in X-factor. Though X-factor as group might very well keep on existing even if the title get canceled.

Was not aware of such examples. Usualy they keep it to 6,12 and so on, unless the first issues were larger in page count.
    Yeah totally, it's kinda weird how Marvel decides to cancel a title, for example, Deadpool was just canceled at #10

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Would also be a bit odd, given the writer went on record to how Polaris potentialy getting put on the X-men would not affect her showing up in X-factor. Though X-factor as group might very well keep on existing even if the title get canceled.
    The way I meant my post, was that the intent of the issue may not be related at all to the book's fate or team comp. It could just mean that Marvel thinks the story arc will sell well in trade paperback format and really wants it wrapped up and out the door to start selling that way. There's also the book's GLAAD nomination. Winners announced in April. Would make sense to try and entice new readers with the idea that getting start on the book then would have payoff in May.

Or it could be less exciting than that. Could just be that the writer doesn't want to string that story thread along and instead wants to get it done and move forward. Just saying, there are a lot of possible reasons for wrapping up a story arc like this besides book cancellation.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Is Cable canceled or just hasn't been shared yet?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I think it's skipping a month

Mojoverse is BACK, baby!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    I think excalibur maybe got cancelled... for there's a new onging, X-Corp, by Tini
    I think if it was, the last issue being solicitated would have been made clear is is so, right?

Is there a link by the way?
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 02-16-2021 at 03:56 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Mojoverse is BACK, baby!
    I think that was the worst part of Leah's X-Factor to be honest. Doesn't play to her strengths at all IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I think if it was, the last issue being solicitated would have been made clear is is so, right?

Is there a link by the way?
    newsarama hasn't posted a article of full solicitations for May but usually the posting date won't be that early. So these may not be the whole releasing plan.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I think it's skipping a month
    Marvel made a deal with their writing, art, and production teams to reduce the number of issues during the year during Covid 19. So all the titles are going to have 1 or 2 skip months and they are going to alternate on the skip.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Marvel made a deal with their writing, art, and production teams to reduce the number of issues during the year during Covid 19. So all the titles are going to have 1 or 2 skip months and they are going to alternate on the skip.
    This is the first I hear of this. The explanation given before was that some titles were skipping a month to align for the Hellfire Gala event?

X-MEN #20
    X-MEN LEGENDS #4
    X-CORP #1

No S.W.⨂.R.D. that month?! This Hellfire Gala better be worth it!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Rumors have it ending at issue 12 and the real Cable coming back, but that’s not been confirmed.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Rumors have it ending at issue 12 and the real Cable coming back, but that’s not been confirmed.
    Never saw those rumors anywhere. Can you add the link, I am really curious about it. Thanks matey.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Someone on here who has been right in the past about a few things posted it initially (see below quote), and then I saw it again on Reddit or somewhere like that. Plus Bleeding Cool has speculated that the Stryfe reveal in Cable could be leading to an Inferno redux, which timing-wise would coincide with Cable issue #12... all that leads me to believe there could be some credence to the rumor. But that’s all it is at this point, rumor and speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    some predictions and a few rumblings ive heard but i know we had the pandermic mesed up schedules but 2020 was very disappointing for the x-line x-swords was awful but really not the editors or creators fault more from upper mgmt making it 22 parts

hopefully no more skip months of books that drives us comic store people insane espically after losing 2-3 month for covid 19
    hearing the cable book is ending around issue 12 THe real CAble will be back ive seen art and not just a liefield variant cover real art
    hellions also wrapping up but will be morphing into something else
    probably spurrier on x-corp why he was invited back to the x-world i have no idea he maybe loved by x-fans and people on these boards but his marvel works sells worse than any x-writer there is check the data
    the moira book as of now might be fourth qurarter 2021 but not even locked in yet\
    also hearing there will be something similiar to the 5 giant size x-men issues later this year