Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

its still bothering me because i think its an honest mistake but the hellion cover is not a good look. we fans know betsy had her eyes replaced so the cover has meaning but to those who dont know, the things forcing betsy eyes open is not a good look without the benefit it would have from the wording inside.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    On-sale May 5

• AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #65
    • AMERICA CHAVEZ: MADE IN THE USA #3
    • CARNAGE: BLACK, WHITE & BLOOD #3
    • CHILDREN OF THE ATOM #3
    • HELLIONS #11
    • HEROES REBORN #1
    • IMMORTAL HULK #46
    • IRON FIST: HEART OF THE DRAGON #5
    • MARAUDERS #20
    • STAR WARS: WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS ALPHA #1
    • STAR WARS: WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS ALPHA - DIRECTOR'S CUT #1
    • STRANGE ACADEMY #10
    • THANOS QUEST: MARVEL TALES #1
    • THE UNION #5
    • THOR & LOKI: DOUBLE TROUBLE #3
    • X-MEN: CURSE OF THE MAN-THING #1

On-sale May 12

• BLACK CAT #6
    • CONAN THE BARBARIAN #21
    • FANTASTIC FOUR #32
    • GIANT-SIZE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: KING'S RANSOM #1
    • GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #14
    • HEROES REBORN #2
    • HEROES REBORN: HYPERION & THE IMPERIAL GUARD #1
    • HEROES REBORN: PETER PARKER, THE AMAZING SHUTTERBUG #1
    • NON-STOP SPIDER-MAN #3
    • SILK #3
    • SPIDER-MAN: THE SPIDER'S SHADOW #2
    • SPIDER-WOMAN #12
    • STAR WARS #13
    • STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC #5
    • X-CORP #1
    • X-FACTOR #9
    • X-MEN #20

On-sale May 19

• AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #66
    • BLACK KNIGHT: CURSE OF THE EBONY BLADE #3
    • CHAMPIONS #7
    • DAREDEVIL #30
    • FANTASTIC FOUR: LIFE STORY #1
    • HEROES REBORN #3
    • HEROES REBORN: MAGNETO & THE MUTANT FORCE #1
    • IMMORTAL HULK: TIME OF MONSTERS #1
    • RUNAWAYS #36
    • SHANG-CHI #1
    • STAR WARS: BOUNTY HUNTERS #12
    • THE MIGHTY VALKYRIES #2
    • THE TRIALS OF ULTRAMAN #3
    • WAY OF X #2
    • WOLVERINE #12

On-sale May 26

• ALIEN #3
    • BETA RAY BILL #3
    • BLACK WIDOW #7
    • CABLE #11
    • HEROES REBORN #4
    • HEROES REBORN: SIEGE SOCIETY #1
    • HEROES REBORN: YOUNG SQUADRON #1
    • MAESTRO: WAR AND PAX #5
    • MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #26
    • NEW MUTANTS #18
    • REPTIL #1
    • STAR WARS: DARTH VADER #12
    • STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #10
    • THE MARVELS #2
    • X-MEN LEGENDS #4

No X-Force, Excalibur and S.W.O.R.D this month
    Ready for all. 19 marvel books in may.

Champions, Runaways, Strange Academy, Fantastic Four, The Marvels, and Young Squadron being the non X Books. The only one I’m not getting is Seige Society. So 13 X Books. 6 Other Marvel. So 5, 4, 5, 5. Only DC book is Scooby Doo and Batman. So 20 total not counting variant covers.
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 02-18-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So do we know for sure while some series are missing? Is it for the Hellfire Gala?

How big of an event is the HFG? That haven't really discussed that right?

Do you guys really think some series will be ending?
    Yeah, writers have been saying that some books were skipping a month in March/April/May to get everything lined up for the Gala in June.

Current guess is that all titles will be involved but it won't be a sequential storyline - like every book will tie-in with a self-contained story set at the Gala so you won't need to read all the titles. Or at least that's what I hope for

Mighty Member

Looking at the previews for April and May, it seems like Excalibur #20 and Helions #11 are somewhat linked.
    I wonder if the story will continue into the next

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    its still bothering me because i think its an honest mistake but the hellion cover is not a good look. we fans know betsy had her eyes replaced so the cover has meaning but to those who dont know, the things forcing betsy eyes open is not a good look without the benefit it would have from the wording inside.
    I think people will be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Marvel is skipping some books on may too.

I think cable and X-factor will be ending
    you keep saying that x-factor gets cancelled but just because you don't like the book doesn't mean it's going to end. So far it's revealed/explored only one rule of the resurrection protocols and there are much many to go. The point of the book is that we can learn more about Krakoa/life on Krakoa and the resurrections. What would be the point of releasing a book about exploring the Krakoan era if we never learn how it works?
    Well sure, we don't know the sales, if it's low it might get cancelled before getting the chance to tell us all the resurrection rules that were planned. But we do know that there are more plans for the series, and if it gets cancelled it won't be because of the Hellfire Gala(a possible new status quo) or the new book releases.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So do we know for sure while some series are missing? Is it for the Hellfire Gala?

How big of an event is the HFG? That haven't really discussed that right?

Do you guys really think some series will be ending?

Three books skipping each month of March/April/May to align the books for the Hellfire Gala event in June:

• March - Wolverine, Marauders, New Mutants
    • April - Hellions, X-Men, X-Factor
    • May – X-Force, Excalibur, S.W.O.R.D

The writers confirmed that the delays of all these books are because of the HFG event, but we don't have more formation about it yet, e.g how long it will be
    Be kind, it's FREE

To be fair, those plans for X-Factor were made before COVID-19 caused delays and undoubtedly hurt sales. In theory, Marvel could decide to cancel the book and have those protocols covered in other ways ranging from bits and pieces in other books, to seeding them in events, to even just saying them in data pages and leaving it at that.

That doesn't mean the book is getting canceled. I said in a previous post how there can be all sorts of non-cancellation explanations for why the May issue seems to be wrapping up various story threads. There are even potential reasons where Marvel thinks the book is doing better than expected and wants to get more out of it. I'm just saying that just as there's nothing to guarantee the book will be canceled, original plans for the book also may not have much bearing on whether the book sticks around or gets canceled.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    you keep saying that x-factor gets cancelled but just because you don't like the book doesn't mean it's going to end. So far it's revealed/explored only one rule of the resurrection protocols and there are much many to go. The point of the book is that we can learn more about Krakoa/life on Krakoa and the resurrections. What would be the point of releasing a book about exploring the Krakoan era if we never learn how it works?
    Well sure, we don't know the sales, if it's low it might get cancelled before getting the chance to tell us all the resurrection rules that were planned. But we do know that there are more plans for the series, and if it gets cancelled it won't be because of the Hellfire Gala(a possible new status quo) or the new book releases.
    Someone asked what books do we think will get canceled and I answered.

It's not about what I don't like, but about sales. What i'm hearing is that X-factor isn't doing well.

If the book was that important they would give to a more know writer that would bring more sales to the book

Three books skipping each month of March/April/May to align the books for the Hellfire Gala event in June:

• March - Wolverine, Marauders, New Mutants
    • April - Hellions, X-Men, X-Factor
    • May – X-Force, Excalibur, S.W.O.R.D

The writers confirmed that the delays of all these books are because of the HFG event, but we don't have more formation about it yet, e.g how long it will be
    Captain America, Avengers is also skipping on May. SO I guess it has nothing to do with Hellfire club but it is a compromise from Marvel because of the pandemic

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

My usuals (minus SWORD and Excalibur)

New Mutants 18
    Marauders 20
    Hellions 11
    X- Men 20
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Not a fan of titles skipping months. If it's really to "align" the books before the Hellfire Gala story, surely writers could have come up with an extra issue to write.

Hickman on X-Men Monday #86:

AIPT: Also in front of us–possibly new Warren and Monet content, at least based on the Reign of X teaser image. Many X-Fans–including Rod Custerman–are wondering if the X-Corp and Moira series are still in the works.

Jonathan: Yes, we’re doing the X-Corp book. Everyone is very excited about it. We actually locked down both the interior and cover artist this week. I can’t remember which month it’s actually going to debut because the company has some funky scheduling coming up and we’re shifting things around, but there will be a formal announcement with the creative team and roster and all that soon.

Some books (other than X books) are also skipping the same months. It is nothing related to the Hellfire Gala.

BANNED

They have stated EVERY BOOK is skipping a month to prepare for the gala, we have had 2 months of that yet every solicitation day the "why these books skip?? canceles???!"

It's not about what I don't like, but about sales. What i'm hearing is that X-factor isn't doing well.
    But we don’t know the sales and how the books doing currently as there hasn’t been statistics released since last year March. Maybe you have more information though, I don’t know that of course. where did you hear that it isn’t doing well?

Captain America, Avengers is also skipping on May. SO I guess it has nothing to do with Hellfire club but it is a compromise from Marvel because of the pandemic
    Quote Originally Posted by eliasmachado View Post
    Some books (other than X books) are also skipping the same months. It is nothing related to the Hellfire Gala.
    Well, some X writers still said that the X-books delays are for aligning them for the Hellfire Gala. if the delays were happening company wide anyway, maybe the x-office uses it to adjust the X books to the HFG event too?
    Be kind, it's FREE

There no Avengers book in May because of Heroes Reborn - the premise of the event is that they don't exist. It also serves to give a break to writers and artists, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by eliasmachado View Post
    Hickman on X-Men Monday #86:

AIPT: Also in front of us–possibly new Warren and Monet content, at least based on the Reign of X teaser image. Many X-Fans–including Rod Custerman–are wondering if the X-Corp and Moira series are still in the works.

Jonathan: Yes, we’re doing the X-Corp book. Everyone is very excited about it. We actually locked down both the interior and cover artist this week. I can’t remember which month it’s actually going to debut because the company has some funky scheduling coming up and we’re shifting things around, but there will be a formal announcement with the creative team and roster and all that soon.

It's clearly because of Marvel schedule, even because skip a month because of a event is nosense

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    There no Avengers book in May because of Heroes Reborn - the premise of the event is that they don't exist. It also serves to give a break to writers and artists, I guess
    Captain Marvelm, Captin america will also skip. Their book doesn't tie-in with heroes reborn

Someone said that it was Marvel compromise to skip some months while pandemic happens.
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-18-2021 at 02:54 PM.