Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I guess if the worst thing you experience with other riders is just an overcrowded bus, then you should count yourself lucky.

The subway a normal (but late) Wednesday night, where three guys were sitting drinking and chatting with another person on the opposite seat group. The three people suddenly flew up and started hitting the guy opposite in the head with beer bottles—which promptly broke and created really bad injuries in the face and neck.

They managed to catch the culprits later on (possibly due to some other criminal investigation) and I testified in three different court hearings about the event.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Riding the #2 train from Manhattan to Bronx from a concert. So late at night & me & a buddy are in the last car, it's not packed but about half full & of course it's pretty lit for a Saturday night.

Guy walking in our direction, drops a knife from his pocket to the floor in front of him. My buddy swings his legs in the opposite direction about to take off & I reach out & put a hand on his shoulder & shake my head no, while eyeballing Mr. Knife the entire time.

Mr. Knife calmly picks it up off the ground, pockets it, walks past us to the middle car door & waits for the train to stop. Everybody is eyeballing him hard now. As the door opens, he turns toward us, looks at me, smiles & says, "your partner was about to run out on you', he then nods at me & walks off.

I love NYC but sometimes I'm reminded that it don't always love me back.

Taking it every day and no longer being surprised with its nonsense.