Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Worst experiences of public transport?

Saw some awful and disturbing beggar's on my New York subway rides. I'll discuss these later.
    And you?

BANNED

They are so bad that I am not entirely at liberty to discuss them.

I guess one time there was this person that took the train and they were like this freaky ass really obvious serial killer, and I got those vibes sometimes where you shouldn't make direct eye contact or look to much at them directly either. They were dressed in all black and were ghostly pale, it was hard to tell what gender they were and as well their outfit was this kind of weird old english type from a different time period with this big hat on. They kind of glanced and smirked at me and I got off the transit right away. Also this guy with a torn white shirt and blood all over kept bothering me on the train one time, of course out of all the people on the train he targeted and started coming after to me and some of the other passengers were actually quite worried about me and someone called the cops. That's kind of when my country started turning on me and strange types of behaviour starting becoming more frequent.
    Last edited by RisingForce; 02-16-2021 at 05:21 AM.

I had spent many years taking a commuter train into Boston and from there, taking the subway to the job I had at the time. As a result, I had grown accustomed to many unusual happenings. My son, who I'm proud to say, went to college next door to Harverd University had gone out with then wife and myself into city for an evening during his first semester. I noticed my wife looking at an eccentric rider and becoming a bit unnerved while my son and I took it in stride as "it was the subway". Seeing him develop that way as so many city folks have kind of bothered me.

But the truly WORST part of public transportation for me had to be school vacation weeks and dealing with families at North Station who had seen or were going to see "Disney on Ice upstairs in the Boston Garden.

Mighty Member

Had a job interview at a high school library in the burbs. Asked the bus driver if he'd stopped there. He said he would and that he knew me (?). He musta been on pills cause he kept going past the stop. I was an hour late for the interview and was quick to call the bus company to complain. I actually ended getting the job so maybe I should thank him!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

For nearly 6 years I closed the bar in the hotel I worked at, which meant catching the absolute last light rail train home every night. While I saw plenty of sad things, the worst that come to mind are also the most shocking/repulsive. And probably a little too NC-17 for this board, tbh...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

On the train home from work a bunch of idiots came on board and even announced they were going to be disruptive. The girl kept crapping on about her experiences self harming and the guy was on the phone to his mum, telling her that his brother had been nabbed threatening a security guard with a knife after trying to steal a phone, acting like it was no biggie. And of course there were no transit cops in sight...

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

One guy on the bus, which was horribly crowded like most Metro buses in LA. yelled at me for stepping on his feet. It was an accident and I couldn't understand how he could be so oblivious. He wasn't originally around from there so maybe he was adjusting to city life but then so was I coming from a New England Hicksville town, pretty newly arrived myself. I was standing in the isle holding onto the seat and the bus rather had a rough taking off, which buses are known to do kept me jolting back and forth. I could have been thrown off my feet. Another incident with the same buses and area, someone kept telling me I smelled. I had just bathed and was wearing a bit of perfume. I as a general rule don't like to even pile it on, sooo... it was hurtful and I was a little thrown because he was pretty loud and jacked up. Now speaking of CT the bus system here isn't as good but its not my Hicksville home town so its ok. But you get some people who don't seem to understand personal space. This guy whispered in my ear and told me "I noticed you at the stop" before he got off at his stop. Brrr... I thought I was gonna have a stalker for a little bit there. Ok, that is more than one.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-19-2021 at 05:30 AM. Reason: typos

Mighty Member

Used the bus at Fullerton, CA. There was a woman bullying a blind lady claiming that she wasn't really blind and that as a former personal fitness trainer she knew about people faking it. The driver stepped in to call her out on her disgusting behaviour. If it was a guy doing that we both woulda kicked his a.....

Saw a nut begging everyone for money over and over again on a Melbourne, Australia train. One guy told him he only had a $50. That's OK he said. Give us fifty and I'll give you forty back. (And he did! The beggar had more dough on him than a lot of the commuters did)

On New York's *A* train you get the real desperate ones making big long speeches. One person came aboard, I thought she was a woman celebrating Day of the dead a few months early. She turned out to be a trans "worker" with facial tattoos telling everyone her messed up life story and the horrible things your local priest will do with someone like her if you give him money instead...

After being awake for 36 hours and severely jet-lagged I took a train from Berlin to Jena, Germany that was just packed to the gills with soldiers and students on their way to Oktoberfest. I had to stay awake to keep an eye on my bags and was getting motion-sick and it was so damned sweltering and noisy. Just a miserable experience.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

BANNED

This,

It was really hard to tell if the person was a man or woman but they were basically wearing the same type of hat and outfit but it was all black on the public metro/train in the city I lived at the time. It was extremely weird.

Watching people argue and berate the bus driver when they clearly don't deserve it is quite sad.

The bus I took in the Amalfi part of Italy a couple of years ago was an interesting experience. It went along the only highway, a very curvy and narrow road along the cliffs from Amalfi to eventually arrive at Salerno. When I boarded it, every seat was taken and there were people already standing in the aisles. At every stop, some would get off sometimes, but usually more people somehow got on. It just kept going like that with the bus filling up more and more for some 10 stops or so, and 10 miles maybe, with more and more people (and luggage usually) piling in pressed into each other like sardines, standing on luggage, trying not to move.

I've never been on a bus that full before. It was literally like a cartoon bus. Didn't help that the thing would roll around a little at every tight corner and you were riding right next to steep dropoffs most of the way.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I'm not at liberty to discuss why the thoughts and actions of others occur, but when you get mad at someone for bumping into you on a crowded, moving bus, you just better be having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The bus I took in the Amalfi part of Italy a couple of years ago was an interesting experience. It went along the only highway, a very curvy and narrow road along the cliffs from Amalfi to eventually arrive at Salerno. When I boarded it, every seat was taken and there were people already standing in the aisles. At every stop, some would get off sometimes, but usually more people somehow got on. It just kept going like that with the bus filling up more and more for some 10 stops or so, and 10 miles maybe, with more and more people (and luggage usually) piling in pressed into each other like sardines, standing on luggage, trying not to move.

I've never been on a bus that full before. It was literally like a cartoon bus. Didn't help that the thing would roll around a little at every tight corner and you were riding right next to steep dropoffs most of the way.
    Occasionally rush hour subway cars were like that, particularly when one hadn't been by for a while. The most crowded I've even experienced were the subways cars at Kenmore in Boston after a Red Sox win and everyone stays for the end of the game.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Occasionally rush hour subway cars were like that, particularly when one hadn't been by for a while. The most crowded I've even experienced were the subways cars at Kenmore in Boston after a Red Sox win and everyone stays for the end of the game.
    It was really surreal. It felt like if there were any false moves by anyone who was in the standing room, the whole lot of us could fall like dominoes and tumble into a big pile.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.