Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post How much does Diana love Steve?

Jump forward 400 years. Would Diana look back at Steve Trevor as one of the men and women she was in love with the most?

I just want a full on shipping war here. It doesn't even have to be with a character we've seen her interested in yet, and you can even describe a character you made up and that you think would be of particular interest to Diana.

I've never been one those people that particularly cares about Diana's love life. It was always the most boring part of her stories in particular, whereas I was deeply invested for example in Clark and Lois. This doesn't mean that I think Diana is uninterested in love, just that I haven't found any of the relationships they gave her particularly compelling. They are all nice and very decent people, but none of them felt particularly endearing or exciting. They lacked texture to me.

Three
    Two
    One
    LET'S GO!
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-16-2021 at 09:15 AM.

Thumbs up

She might love him but I don't. He's useless in modern comics.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    How much does Diana love Steve?
    Unlike Clark and Lois Lane, I think this one really can vary wildly depending on the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Jump forward 400 years. Would Diana look back at Steve Trevor as one of the men and women she was in love with the most? [...]
    Well apparently spoilers:
    she doesn't and pines after Clark instead, but I call bullsh/it.
    end of spoilers
    Anyway, in my personal opinion, Steve should be one of the people that are very dear to her. I don't necessarily need them to be each other's true love, but they should have a strong bond that makes Diana think of Steve even after his death.

" How much does Diana love Steve?"

As deep as the ocean waters around Paradise Island!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I only liked Steve in the movies and Rucka's rebirth run.

Most of the time outside of that he's either a pain in the butt, or cardboard.

As for who she should be with, gosh idk. In the DCAU she has more chemistry with Lois than Clark, so I'll say Lois. I mean she held her ice-cream for her while she twirled, that's like tier 1 already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OArJartjpk

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    She might love him but I don't. He's useless in modern comics.
    He was even more useless in the old Wonder Woman comics. At least now he's with ARGUS.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

You mean like in a scale out of 10?
    I think he ranks pretty high. I don't know anyone that goes that high in Wonder Woman's radar. There's Batman and Superman but those are different continuities.
    He's his first male crush and love interest, and depending on how young they started, Rebirth started it at mentally 18, and they've been love interests for at least 10-15 years.
    So at least 9.

"I just want a full on shipping war here."
    LMAOROFLCOPTR

Incredible Member

She loves him thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much!

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    He was even more useless in the old Wonder Woman comics. At least now he's with ARGUS.
    Hahaha very true
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

She loves him 3000.

In my head canon, Diana loves Steve very much. Based on the first movie. Haven't seen WW84.

In the comics, she also loves Steve quite a bit, but then he dies. She later meets Superman and he becomes another big love. They date. They have their problems and break up but remain friends. But after Lois dies, I like the idea of Diana and Clark getting together again.

You would need to live for centuries to really know how is like to be her I guess. I also believe we can love more than once.

Diana loves Steve enough to let him go if she must.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Seems like nobody is leaning into the hypothetical shipping war that I wanted this thread to have, so I'll start.

There are two characters I really want Diana to have relationship with. Death (from Sandman) and B'wana Beast. HOLD ON! Give me a chance to explain.

Death is a conceptual entity that embodies the nature of dying. She is both a witness at the end of a life and at the beginning of one. Her whole thing is basically being this really sweet and cool chick that comes to greet you and help you find peace. She is in so many ways a kindred spirit with Diana. Beyond this, I think Diana has this human way of interpreting abstract concepts, and dating a beautiful concept is an illustration of how spiritually aligned she is, and her capacity to look at the fundamental nature of life.

Now, I think Diana being able to see Death has never been done before, but could easily become a part of a storyline. This wouldn't be a constant relationship, but instead someone she would connect with from time to time. Death has this thing where once per century she becomes mortal for a day and at the end of it she dies. I think this would make for a beautiful story where her and Diana spend that single day together.

Now comes B'wana Beast. I think Diana's side as an adventuret has always been confined, and to me this could be the perfect relationship to explore that. B'wana Beast's main version is the son of a millionaire that finished college and decided to go to the continent of Africa to take care of animals. A bunch of things happen and he gets super strength, mind control over animals and the ability to fuse two different species into a single creature. He is someone selfless that cares about nature and who was acting kindly even before being gifted powers, even abadoning his privileged life.

He is also someone who obviously is always in the middle of weird adventures, something that I think Diana really would enjoy, and his powers and connection to animals allow her to see something truly new and beautiful, art in nature. He is a fun attractive, combative guy that creates amazing things. I think this could lead both to a magical night and a special relationship.
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-17-2021 at 08:53 PM.

As long as it's not the B'wana Beast from Justice League Unlimited.