Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

More than Donna loves Terry, less than Superman loves Lois

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They could easily go with Trevor Barnes, Tom Tressor/Nemesis or Mike Shcorr.
    They kind of all suck though. If we have to have a male love interest, might as well just use Steve like how Superman defaults to Lois. Especially as Nemesis was only brought in to be a Steve stand in because they couldn't use actual Steve.

For alternatives to Steve in movies, I'd rather it be a woman, challenges on that front be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

They kind of all suck though. If we have to have a male love interest, might as well just use Steve like how Superman defaults to Lois. Especially as Nemesis was only brought in to be a Steve stand in because they couldn't use actual Steve.

For alternatives to Steve in movies, I'd rather it be a woman, challenges on that front be damned.
    To this day, I still don't know what it is people hate about Mike Schorr or Trevor Barnes. Nemesis I at least get.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    To this day, I still don't know what it is people hate about Mike Schorr or Trevor Barnes. Nemesis I at least get.
    "Hate" is a strong word, at least in my case. They are both just sort of bland. Steve can be as well, but since that's the reason he was barred from being a romantic option, it doesn't make sense to replace him with bland Suspiciously Similar Substitutes (Schorr in turn is also this for Ed Indelicato). if we're going to do that anyway and not explore the bisexual option, why not just revamp the original?

Barnes never deserved the disproportionate amount of hate he received from certain terrible groups. He's no worse than the rest and is fine, but he's still pretty much the dullest part of the Jimenez run. I liked his family though.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Comic version was kind of a douche and borderline racist when he appeared in Animal Man. The adaptations have actually improved upon him.

Considering the incredibly long stretches where Steve was a complete non factor in Diana's life while for Clark/Lois those gaps are much shorter, I disagree. He's experiencing a mini-renaissance now but in the future it will probably somebody else being pushed as a major love interest. With DC finally having the guts to admit that Diana is bi, DC will have to tackle the idea of a major female love interest for Diana.

Diana's love life is similar to Batman's in that respect, there is not real one true love and it depends on the period of comics you're reading.
    I hope Dc doesn't explore the idea of WW having a female love interest. NOT something i'd be interested in reading about!!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I hope Dc doesn't explore the idea of WW having a female love interest. NOT something i'd be interested in reading about!!
    I would like to read this.
    Last edited by Superfamily; 02-23-2021 at 04:23 PM.

Amazing Member

I think she loves Steve very much .. The problem with Steve and Diana is that the writers have never bothered to develop their relationship well . The DC developed the relationship between Superman and Lois very well, are developing very well the relationship of Batman and catwoman .. But Diana and Steve they are not very interested in developing their relationship well .. This is not good

Steve does suffer from a lack of care from DC.
    Lois Lane is a household name, and she can carry a title without Superman.
    Steve isn't quite as well known by name - my basis on judging what character I think is a household name is will my mother know who they are. And I don't think he's really got it to carry a title of his own, but I'd give it a chance.
    I'm gay and I'm all for more LGBT representation but I am invested in Steve as Diana's love interest. And DC is fairly well covered with gay and bi women, we really need some gay/bi male characters to get some focus and care.

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    Ok. A lot of people would tho, and I honestly don't see a reason why Diana in particular wouldn't be bisexual. She comes from a island of lesbian women and thus was raised in a community where traditional relationships were between at least two women, not a man and a woman. She is also very connected to love, so the idea that she could feel ALL TYPEs of love for all types of human beings seems natural to me.

I also don't think the fact that her being censored by the time she was raised in is a good excuse for her not to explore such an obvious thing at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Steve does suffer from a lack of care from DC.
    Lois Lane is a household name, and she can carry a title without Superman.
    Steve isn't quite as well known by name - my basis on judging what character I think is a household name is will my mother know who they are. And I don't think he's really got it to carry a title of his own, but I'd give it a chance.
    I'm gay and I'm all for more LGBT representation but I am invested in Steve as Diana's love interest. And DC is fairly well covered with gay and bi women, we really need some gay/bi male characters to get some focus and care.
    The thing is that Steve doesn't, in my opinion, offer enough potential to be the greatest love interest of Diana. I definitely liked him in the two live action movies, where he was portrayed as a really surprisingly sweet and discrete person. And I'm not that opposed to her being hung up on him in the context of the story Patty wanted to tell, but I don't think it translates as well outside of that story. It feels fake. He's a really good man, but I think there has to be more chemistry than that.

And no, I'm not saying Diana needs to date a bad boy or bad girl, just someone with a personality and qualities that compliment what Diana really enjoys, which to me is unique adventure. In that respect Steve is far too typical.

That's why I proposed those two characters (B'wana Beast and Death) that have both spiritually fascinating perspectives of life, and a really unique preoccupation and approach to life that leads to unique adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Just once on a forum I'd like there to be as many Batman fans wishing he were gay as there are Wonder Woman fans wishing she were. He has as much evidence to support it and it would be truly ground breaking as opposed to a boring cliche like with Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Just once on a forum I'd like there to be as many Batman fans wishing he were gay as there are Wonder Woman fans wishing she were. He has as much evidence to support it and it would be truly ground breaking as opposed to a boring cliche like with Diana.
    1) Gay and bisexual are not the same thing.

2) What evidence is there of Batman being gay?

3) There is nothing cliche about Diana being gay or bisexual.

4) If you want a gay Batman, by all means show your support for it. Don't use it as an excuse to dump on people for wanting Diana to be bisexual.

DC has been a lot more willing to have female characters coming out as bisexual than men for sure.
    It seems like nearly every woman in Gotham is bi and every man is straight.