Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default How would you do the Convergence

Read the Convergence series that DC put out although I love crossovers thought it came up short. I was hoping for Team Titans,DV8 and the All Star Squadron plus where was the Multiversity team? This made me think how would you do another Convergence?
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

You are literally the only person I've seen to ask for another Convergence.

I liked Convergence. If in 1975 someone had told me forty years form then I'd be reading a JSA (yes I know, not really, so what?)/Warlord team-up with huge consequences, I would have been giddy. Granted it wasn't great, but for a couple of months we got a variety of old concepts brought back and except for the bizarre ending with varying levels of future importance, it was kinda fun.

There were a lot of old settings and series that were revisited and at the end, like the good china, was stored back in the cabinet never to be used again, except possibly.

I enjoyed it too. First time I read it I was SO confused though cuz I was pretty new to comics lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog of War View Post
    I enjoyed it too. First time I read it I was SO confused though cuz I was pretty new to comics lol.
    I know passionate fans who have been reading since the late 80's and 90's who were confused by the event as well.

I skipped the main weekly series and just read several of the monthly two-issue titles I thought I might find interesting.

They turned out to be a mixed bag.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I skipped the main weekly series and just read several of the monthly two-issue titles I thought I might find interesting.

They turned out to be a mixed bag.
    I bought the Flash, Speed Force, Suicide Squad & Titans books but skipped the main event.
    Last year the trades were all on sale for $5 a pop, so I bought them all. The main story was highly forgettable, some of the two-issue titles were..... not bad.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Oof, whatever they wanted to accomplish, I didn't get it. They should have released a main Convergence title, no tie ins. They needed to do this event during their DC's move to Burbank, so why not streamline the event and not do a bunch of money grab tie ins.

They could have used it to clean up the plot holes that the New 52 had, even introduced missing characters that didn't make the New 52 cut.

After all is said and done, the only significance of Convergence was bringing in the current version of the Kent family and erasing the New 52 Superman and Lois.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Since the main idea was to make a proper ending for eras that didn't get an ending, I'm good with what they put out. Maybe I would've wanted them to be a bit longer, as a 6 issues story arc instead of only 2.

The main Convergence title is about ending Earth-2 and making a new Earth-2 and I don't care about Earth-2

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    You are literally the only person I've seen to ask for another Convergence.
    Although, I would like to see another Convergence my curiosity wonders how it would have been done if any one else was the writer
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse