Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The art looks good, but I don’t get why you’d do a direct continuation of a specific movie and then change the character designs.

I could see trying to avoid paying likeness fees, if that’s a concern, but surely those designs are too close to get away with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Lol, Prince as part of the Joker gang.
    if he only speaks in Prince lyrics, that would be trippy..

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Oh hell yes!!!!

Now if we can get a Flash 90s series I will be in heaven!
    I'm game. Just not sure most people remember it existed.

Incredible Member

Maybe they can make an animated movie sequel in this universe and have Michael Keaton and Michelle Pfeiffer reprise their roles!

Astonishing Member

Here's what I said about the Superman '78 one:

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF
    These sorts of projects are interesting in theory. But the writers and artists always either restrict themselves to what was already used in the movies or TV shows or go way off base and introduce characters and concepts created decades later. If you're going to stick a year on the cover and draw on certain movies or TV productions for aesthetics, it would be more interesting to see them play with the toys that were available at the time and imagine what they might look like in a movie. I mean, while it might be interesting to see a '78 version of Doomsday or Livewire or Manchester Black, what I'd REALLY be more interested in is seeing movie versions of classics like Metallo or Parasite (Maxwell Jensen version) or characters that were being played up in the '70s like Terra-Man or the Atomic Skull.
    And I echo that for Batman '89. Apparently, this is only a couple of issues, but if it gets a continuation I don't really want to see the '89 version of Hush. I want to see them imagine movie versions of characters available in the late '80s. Like . . . I don't know . . . KGBeast or something.

Man, I don't even like the Burton movies that much but this easily the most interesting Bat-book they've announced.

Astonishing Member

This is pretty awesome.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Here's what I said about the Superman '78 one:

And I echo that for Batman '89. Apparently, this is only a couple of issues, but if it gets a continuation I don't really want to see the '89 version of Hush. I want to see them imagine movie versions of characters available in the late '80s. Like . . . I don't know . . . KGBeast or something.
    Agreed.

I talked about this in my response to your post on the Superman thread as well. I didn't care much for Dick being Nightwing in the Batman '66/WW '77 crossover, though they gave him a nice retro look.

Its a bit of a grey area though with this series, because where do you draw the line? 1989 or 1992? Are they considering the Schumacher movies canon? I've always considered the Schumacher movies to kinda be the Silver Age to Burton's Golden Age (and much like Batman's comic-book Silver Age, Schumacher's run is sub-par, though I love Forever and feel even B&R has a few redeeming qualities if you look hard enough). Though if we're getting Robin I guess they're ignoring the Schumacher films...

But yeah, I broadly agree. No Hush. No Professor Pyg. No Court of Owls. For that matter, no Batwoman either. Certainly no Damien Wayne!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If they ever do a tpb collection for this, I wonder if they'd also include the original Batman ('89) movie adaptation with it?
    There's already a Hardcover from 1 or 2 years ago.

Astonishing Member

By the way, it is possible that this is also a small set-up for Flash, where Keaton will appear.
    Are they considering the Schumacher movies canon?
    No, just Batman and Batman Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post

But yeah, I broadly agree. No Hush. No Professor Pyg. No Court of Owls. For that matter, no Batwoman either. Certainly no Damien Wayne!
    I'm not saying I want Batwoman, but Kathy Kane did exist in the Silver Age.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If they ever do a tpb collection for this, I wonder if they'd also include the original Batman ('89) movie adaptation with it?
    There's already a Hardcover from 1 or 2 years ago.
    Yeah, but it might be a nice bookend to include it with a collection of a series that is based on what was introduced in that movie. If not in the first collected edition, maybe in a later omnibus volume.
    I bought the movie adaptation when it originally came out, so I don't need it in a collected volume for myself. But that was over thirty years ago, so I don't know how many buyers of the new digital first series have already bought / read the adaptation.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So we're gonna finally see Marlon Wayans as Robin and Billy Dee Williams as Two-Face?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I had a 90s Flash T-Shirt. Was one of my favorite shirt. Didn't remember much from the series though. It was a blur. I only remember a red blur.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm not saying I want Batwoman, but Kathy Kane did exist in the Silver Age.
    LOL...true!

Though I'm hard-pressed to think of why they'd want to include this particular character in this particular universe. If Kathy Kane is to appear in a project like this, then Batman '66 is probably the best home for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Actually, the CW Flash show has done a great job paying tribute to the 90's show, and even 'canonizing' it in the context of the Arrowverse multiverse, thanks largely due to John Wesley Shipp's multiple roles in the verse. So a lot of people would definitely be aware of the show, and maybe even interested in exploring this incarnation.