Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I loved it. Although the rumor was that it takes place just after the first movie, I have to place it after all of them since Superman would not be taking advice from recordings in the second movie when his parents are actually there.

Too bad about sales. I'd love to see this be an ongoing, at least for a while, like the Adam West Batman '66. Superman (1978) is the origin of AI Jor-El, of Krypton as an ice planet and the Fortress as ice, of the S as the symbol of the El family rather than an S for Superman, etc. Basically, these have been part of every version since.
    The sales weren't good? How did they compare to other Superman books which are pretty much in the tank? Action coming in at 95 or so. Hoping they were good enough to get a sequel.

Analysis of Superman books at around 9:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJw6CIrifkk
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-08-2022 at 07:39 AM.

We don’t know actual hard numbers anymore ever since DC pulled out of Diamond. All anyone has now are “projections” and “guesstimates”. That includes that YouTube video you linked which I won’t bother watching. But if Venditti is working on a sequel the way he hinted at in the podcast I’d say it did well enough for a follow up which is all I care about.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Nice. Dunno who I’d want to be the villain. At first I would’ve picked Metallo but that could be a boring choice if it’s just him doing the typical BEHOLD MY KRYPTONITE HEART scheme. Parasite, Mongul, or Mxy might be better choices.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nice. Dunno who I’d want to be the villain. At first I would’ve picked Metallo but that could be a boring choice if it’s just him doing the typical BEHOLD MY KRYPTONITE HEART scheme. Parasite, Mongul, or Mxy might be better choices.
    Parasyte or Mongul is they want a more Donner-inspired take, Mxy could really work eith Lester's tone though.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

More of this book is good news to be. Come on, Parasite!
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I want him to end up on Warworld!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I want him to end up on Warworld!
    Torres did draw concepts for Mongul and Darkseid so either one of those two could be used.

Mongul or Darkseid but only if they look like guys in clearly 1970s makeup/prosthetics.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I think Jack Palance would be a good Darkseid or Mongul.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I think Jack Palance would be a good Darkseid or Mongul.
    Ooh good call. I think Charlton Heston or Peter Weller could work for either too.

I'd also love to see Mamma Fratelli worked in there somehow too. More Goonies references, please!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Mongul or Darkseid but only if they look like guys in clearly 1970s makeup/prosthetics.
    That goes without saying!
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Sorry, I have a bunch of questions about Superman 1978 (The Movie):

1- When Lois is hanging from the helicopter/roof, holding on simple metal bars, and you can see that the street below was VERY DISTANT... do you think that the length between Lois and the street below was "realistic" for the Daily Planet building?

2- Was the sequence in which Superman grabs Lois, and then the helicopter, still spectacular in your view? I would have preferred a less tall/lower highscraper, in order to raise the stakes and make the scene more frightning. Or maybe am I wrong?

3- Do you think that Superman was at the middle of the highscraper when he grabbed Lois?

Thank you so much.

New printing cover by Joe Quinones & Paolo Rivera:

(Source)

I hope they'll be announcing the sequel at SDCC.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

I was hoping they were announcing a sequel!
    Assassinate Putin!