Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 303
  1. #181
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    12,022

    Default

    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  2. #182
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I hate to say this but it's a good strategy. Make sure there's an audience first before committing to anything. I can't imagine a Superman 78 ongoing NOT catching on but this is the safer route.
    I think there's also the extra costs of actor's likenesses to take into account. I'm sure there's plenty of readers interested in Superman '78, but might be cost-prohibitive to continue it beyond 6 issues. God knows the Batman '66 books were constantly dealing with various problems revolving around actor's likenesses.

  3. #183
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    5,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think there's also the extra costs of actor's likenesses to take into account. I'm sure there's plenty of readers interested in Superman '78, but might be cost-prohibitive to continue it beyond 6 issues. God knows the Batman '66 books were constantly dealing with various problems revolving around actor's likenesses.
    I imagine that's why we didn't get this sooner.
    Greenlight the Smallville animated series, WB!

  4. #184
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Planet Houston
    Posts
    5,327

    Default

    personally, if the price tag of likeness end up being indeed the reason we only end up with 6 issues, it's a shame. If this book does well enough to warrant a continuation of the story but for that to happen they have to drop the likenesses, I'd be all for it. I mean, standard Superman usually looks like Chris Reeve Superman anyway they could just get away with drawing Supes as "classic " Superman and be done with it. Same with just using "classic" Lois in place of a one to one of Margot Kidder or Classic Lex in place of Hackman. After all depending on the artist, the Smallville book didn't always use the likenesses of the actors aside from the covers and it didn't hurt the experience at all.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

  5. #185
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    12,022

    Default

    Venditti has implied there might be more of the sales are strong enough. Honestly I personally would have a second “season” take place after Superman II and just ignore III, IV, and Returns. Go wild and write the story of this guy like Smallville S11 did.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  6. #186
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    personally, if the price tag of likeness end up being indeed the reason we only end up with 6 issues, it's a shame. If this book does well enough to warrant a continuation of the story but for that to happen they have to drop the likenesses, I'd be all for it. I mean, standard Superman usually looks like Chris Reeve Superman anyway they could just get away with drawing Supes as "classic " Superman and be done with it. Same with just using "classic" Lois in place of a one to one of Margot Kidder or Classic Lex in place of Hackman. After all depending on the artist, the Smallville book didn't always use the likenesses of the actors aside from the covers and it didn't hurt the experience at all.
    Gary Frank and now Clay Mann have been getting away with it for years.

  7. #187
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    12,022

    Default


    New comic book day! When you’re at the shop, be a hero and tell them to order SUPERMAN ’78 #1. Final cutoff for orders is this week!
    https://twitter.com/robertvenditti/s...699738625?s=21
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  8. #188
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    5,627

    Default

    Smallville largely got around the likeness issue by drawing the characters so anime like that they don't have any distinctive features. Oftentimes the only difference between the female characters were hair color.
    Greenlight the Smallville animated series, WB!

  9. #189
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Gary Frank and now Clay Mann have been getting away with it for years.
    Definitely feel that it has to do with the facial differences

    Gary Frankís Clark looks older than reeves, with sharper facial features

  10. #190
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,747

    Default

    They're even doing the posing .

  11. #191
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    12,022

    Default

    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  12. #192
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    12,022
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  13. #193
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    7,568

    Default

    Yeah, they’re definitely not going for Hackman’s likeness in that one.

    Makes me wonder if Tessmacher will show up?

  14. #194
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    5,627

    Default

    I can see Superman's junk in that picture. So I guess we're getting their version of Kandor?
    Greenlight the Smallville animated series, WB!

  15. #195
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    12,022

    Default

    And Samnee did a variant, hell yeah!



    Preview for issue 1: https://comic-watch.com/news/news-wa...cs-superman-78
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •