Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm glad they left if open to a sequel. This is my official Donner-verse! And, yes, the Goonies Easter egg was great!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm glad they left if open to a sequel. This is my official Donner-verse! And, yes, the Goonies Easter egg was great!
    I would like to see Vendetti do a sequel series with someone else. I’d be curious to know who he would pick as the villain if the option was left open to him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I would like to see Vendetti do a sequel series with someone else. I’d be curious to know who he would pick as the villain if the option was left open to him.
    Maybe do movie versions of Parasite and Metallo?

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Really good ending to a really good series. Closure, yet open enough for another series. Yeah that Metropolis real estate line was gold. What made it funnier (for me anyway) was that he said it while riding in a hot air balloon (least that's what I thought it was). I mean, what says old school villain more than a hot air balloon?

Also, kudos to other great references: The Goonies (RIP Donner)! Win a trip to Addis Ababa! Heh, awesome!
    I loved it. Although the rumor was that it takes place just after the first movie, I have to place it after all of them since Superman would not be taking advice from recordings in the second movie when his parents are actually there.

Too bad about sales. I'd love to see this be an ongoing, at least for a while, like the Adam West Batman '66. Superman (1978) is the origin of AI Jor-El, of Krypton as an ice planet and the Fortress as ice, of the S as the symbol of the El family rather than an S for Superman, etc. Basically, these have been part of every version since.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Bring back Lacie Warfield you cowards!

"Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

I'm still unsure about this series. I love Venditti and Donner/Reeve Superman and was enjoying the hell of out if it until it was revealed that Jor-El and Lara survived.

I know it's almost as if they didn't given how much the Reeve Superman interacted with their digital duplicates, but it still seems too far. It undermines one of the crucial elements of Superman if his birth parents are alive. Even if they're miniaturized and trapped in a bottled city, it just makes too great a change. At least for me. I'm undecided, because everything else was great.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Its win freakin win, baby!

I hope that Lex is back too. Perfectly Hackman. Also, more Goonies references please. Like Sloth doing a Superman t-shirt reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Can we start with the fancasting then?
    I feel like the late great Gene Wilder would have made a good Mxy. Like an even more bizarre, twisted, and slightly evil Willy Wonka.
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 06-29-2022 at 03:45 PM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

BANNED

The Spain hardcover

The ongoing separation between DC doing some classic/more traditional stuff and doing a more woke/current version in the regular books is interesting. The classic version has Superman in the trunks. The World's Finest limited run book also uses the classic suit. The Superman titles sell poorly in general but those that do sell more briskly tend to be these classic takes. Maybe not true with World's Finest as putting Batman in a book alone is enough to bump sales.

That there is talk of a follow-up series to 78 is encouraging in that it suggests DC sees there is a demand for "classic Coke" and arguably more demand for the classic version than the updated version featured in the regular Superman titles.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I feel like the late great Gene Wilder would have made a good Mxy. Like an even more bizarre, twisted, and slightly evil Willy Wonka.
    THAT is an amazing idea! I could see Robin Williams as the Prankster, though, or the Toyman.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    THAT is an amazing idea! I could see Robin Williams as the Prankster, though, or the Toyman.
    Robin Williams would def work in either of those characters. Would have to take caution to avoid flashbacks of the infamous and ill received movie Toys though.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog