Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Read the preview. That is very seventies. And it looks good. Vendetti got Lois' voice perfect.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

This variant is amazing. I need it.

SM78_Cv1_BTC-MS_MIN_00151_6102fa78141dc4.05393538.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    This variant is amazing. I need it.

SM78_Cv1_BTC-MS_MIN_00151_6102fa78141dc4.05393538.jpg
    A definite homage to the now classic Jim Lee art that originally appeared on Superman VOL2.#204. I dig it.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Incredible Member

Preview is amazing. They've done incredibly well to capture the spirit of those films. My excitement is ratcheting up.

And yeah, I'm digging that variant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Preview is amazing. They've done incredibly well to capture the spirit of those films. My excitement is ratcheting up.

And yeah, I'm digging that variant.
    I agree. I could actually imagine that those scenes playing out. It should be interesting seeing this Superman and Lois dealing with something so out of this world that is not other Kryptonians.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Interview from AIPT. Both Venditti and Torres claim that Supes is their all time fave. Good stuff.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/29/dc...-78-1-preview/
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Just ordered this from my LCS. They say they've had a bunch of new orders coming for in this. Looks like we don't have to worry about it being successful!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Just ordered this from my LCS. They say they've had a bunch of new orders coming for in this. Looks like we don't have to worry about it being successful!
    I think this is a good fit for Venditti. Nothing he’s done with Superman has “wowed” me so far, I consider him a solid Tomasi-tier writer, but if he does well here he’ll hopefully get another season where he can keep playing in the Donnerverse. Definitely interested in seeing takes on Metallo, Parasite, and the rest in this universe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think this is a good fit for Venditti. Nothing he’s done with Superman has “wowed” me so far, I consider him a solid Tomasi-tier writer, but if he does well here he’ll hopefully get another season where he can keep playing in the Donnerverse. Definitely interested in seeing takes on Metallo, Parasite, and the rest in this universe.
    If David Bowie is Brainiac, who would you cast as Metallo and Parasite?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    When it comes to films & actors I’m an utter casual I have no clue which actors from the 70s would be good in the roles. They’d be based on the Pre-Crisis versions though, so Metallo would be a hammy leader of a villainous org, and Parasite would be a legit threat. Hmm for Parasite maybe Bella Lugosi? He’s an energy vampire after all!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I know nothing of 70's era Parasite, but for some reason my mind immediately went to the Skipper from Gilligan's Island.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    When it comes to films & actors I’m an utter casual I have no clue which actors from the 70s would be good in the roles. They’d be based on the Pre-Crisis versions though, so Metallo would be a hammy leader of a villainous org, and Parasite would be a legit threat. Hmm for Parasite maybe Bella Lugosi? He’s an energy vampire after all!
    Lugosi died in '56 so he wouldn't have been alive in our hypothetical late 70s/early 80s casting pool, but he would absolutely have been a great choice

Malcolm McDowell seems too obvious a choice for Metallo, but I think he's always a great baddie. However, I'm not too familiar with the Pre-Crisis Metallo, so I don't know who would be a better choice. If Reeve wanted to play a baddie again, they could play up the original idea that Corben looked like Clark Kent, but with a skeevy little moustache. Update that to a luxurious 70s 'stache and you've got a winner there.

I don't know which villain he'd be, but Gregory Peck would've been fun to see as somebody in a Superman film.

Jack Palance for Darkseid obviously.

Lugosi died in '56 so he wouldn't have been alive in our hypothetical late 70s/early 80s casting pool, but he would absolutely have been a great choice

Malcolm McDowell seems too obvious a choice for Metallo, but I think he's always a great baddie. However, I'm not too familiar with the Pre-Crisis Metallo, so I don't know who would be a better choice. If Reeve wanted to play a baddie again, they could play up the original idea that Corben looked like Clark Kent, but with a skeevy little moustache. Update that to a luxurious 70s 'stache and you've got a winner there.
    I mean, he already plated him in the DCAU .