Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Superman '78 Digital-First Series Announced

DC Announces Batman '89 and Superman '78 Digital First Series

And in the vein of DC’s plans for Batman ’89, Rob Venditti (Hawkman) and Wilfredo Torres (Batman ’66) will collaborate on Superman ’78 to tell stories set within the world Richard Donner and Christopher Reeves created in Superman: The Movie. In Superman ’78, bystanders are surprised and delighted by Superman’s abilities, and Lois Lane doesn’t (yet!) know that Clark Kent is secretly Superman. The sheer thrill of seeing a man fly, leap, or stop a bullet will be reflected in this environment where Superman has just been introduced! Inspired by Donner’s classic, timeless style of superhero storytelling, in Superman ’78 Venditti and Torres will show fans that a man can truly fly.
    Last edited by Hypo; 02-16-2021 at 01:12 PM.

I'm not sure I wanna read stories set between Superman 1. I'd rather they jumped after Superman II at least.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm not sure I wanna read stories set between Superman 1. I'd rather they jumped after Superman II at least.
    My thoughts exactly. Oh well, I'll likely give it a try anyway. It does look interesting.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-16-2021 at 01:22 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Robert Venditti writing the classic Superman of the movies? I can dig it .

Was wondering when they’d get around to this and Batman movies.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

This rules but - and I don't mean this as a knock against Vendetti, who I think could do a lovely job - if you've got Waid back and he's all but announced to do a Superman thing this is CLEARLY what he should have been assigned to. This is his guy!
    Buh-bye

Fantastic Member

If he wasn't involved in the Ray Fisher drama, I would've said that Geoff Johns would be perfect for this.

Incredible Member

This looks to be interesting; I wonder if he's Vendetti is going to take certain concepts what were planned for the Superman Movies (III's original intent; Brainiac, Supergirl and Mxy) and give them a spin.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Problem is which route do they take? The unpopular superman 3 & 4? Or the deadbeat dad in superman returns?

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Problem is which route do they take? The unpopular superman 3 & 4? Or the deadbeat dad in superman returns?
    Please, not the second route. I'd pick the lesser of two evils....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Gary Frank better do a cover .

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Like i said, at least after Superman II. Don't think it would lead to much controversy. But at least it would give creators more freedom that way, instead of them being shackled by probably having to leave things where they were at the begining og Superman II (or at least I assume that's what's gonna happen since the second one was still popular)

Incredible Member

I think Superman could have been set after IV- Lois still didn't know who he was with all the memory erasing he did (although they kind of weirdly imply that she might still know in that movie). It'd be cool if they could incorporate the 80's Supergirl into this, since that was supposed to be canon too.

They probably thought since Reeve played him in 4 movies, it was harder to wipe the last two from existence, but the basic status quo never changed much throughout that series.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Some of Torres' preliminary drawings:

Buh-bye

Wonder if they set it after two if they’d go with the Lester or Donner version.