Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

My guess is they only got the likeness rights for this one off so they just want to fit in as many villains as possible. Which is disappointing. I hope it does well and sends the message to DC we want this as an ongoing.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    My guess is they only got the likeness rights for this one off so they just want to fit in as many villains as possible. Which is disappointing. I hope it does well and sends the message to DC we want this as an ongoing.
    It is an ongoing I’m pretty sure. It doesn’t say maxi/mini in the initial release so I think they plan to just let it keep going until it’s not feasible to support it anymore.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Robanker suggested Debbie Harry as Power Girl to me awhile back and I think that would be bang-on perfect for this book if they ever bring in Multiverse stuff. I know the George Reeve likeness is a roadblock, but they could use Kirk Alyn instead or just a Shuster-esque Superman for Earth-2

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Robanker suggested Debbie Harry as Power Girl to me awhile back and I think that would be bang-on perfect for this book if they ever bring in Multiverse stuff. I know the George Reeve likeness is a roadblock, but they could use Kirk Alyn instead or just a Shuster-esque Superman for Earth-2
    Tell me Debbie Harry in the video for Heart of Glass isn't the face model for Power Girl and I'll show you a liar!

Kirk Alyn sounds like a great compromise to me, but I'm not an Adventures of Superman fan presently (only seen a handful of episodes truthfully) so I'm not exactly losing something seeing that Superman interacting with another's supporting cast. It may be like watching Henry Cavil's Superman in the 78 film-- just so jarring. Or any other Superman in Lois and Clark: The New Adventure-- hey wait. Let's not get too hasty in moving on from here...

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That's a helluva likeness despite the economy of lines in the inks. Looks great. Can't wait to read this book!

Hey - I have to share a massive idea that Mike Kelly (no relation) just said to me. It completely changes/fixes Superman III, and they could even set it up in this series.

What if Gus Gorman wasn't human? What if he had no memory of his past self, and latent powers that he wasn't aware had nothing to do with computer knowledge - after all, he said "I don't know, I just did it".

What if.... Gus Gorman was actually a mind-wiped Mxy? (like Rebirth Clark)

The idea blew my mind. Literally makes all of the goofiness of Superman III make sense.

Then, after III, a stranger comes out of nowhere and confronts Gus who's walking after Superman dropped him off. The person says "Stop! You've done enough damage. We hoped some time away would calm you down, but you're just too irresponsible! Remember who are are, and come home!" The stranger puts a hand on Gus, who opens his eyes wide and yells "Kltpzyxm!" and is gone....

Anyway, they could totally set up Mxy as Gus in the books. If anyone here knows/follows the team on this book, they need this idea.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Huh. I don’t hate the idea, but the problem is you can’t share your ideas with creators, because then they can’t use them or they can be sued. So cross your fingers and hope Venditti has a similar idea

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Hey - I have to share a massive idea that Mike Kelly (no relation) just said to me. It completely changes/fixes Superman III, and they could even set it up in this series.

What if Gus Gorman wasn't human? What if he had no memory of his past self, and latent powers that he wasn't aware had nothing to do with computer knowledge - after all, he said "I don't know, I just did it".

What if.... Gus Gorman was actually a mind-wiped Mxy? (like Rebirth Clark)

The idea blew my mind. Literally makes all of the goofiness of Superman III make sense.

Then, after III, a stranger comes out of nowhere and confronts Gus who's walking after Superman dropped him off. The person says "Stop! You've done enough damage. We hoped some time away would calm you down, but you're just too irresponsible! Remember who are are, and come home!" The stranger puts a hand on Gus, who opens his eyes wide and yells "Kltpzyxm!" and is gone....

Anyway, they could totally set up Mxy as Gus in the books. If anyone here knows/follows the team on this book, they need this idea.
    That's brilliant actually. It not only fixes the whole Gus Gorman character but also the idea of Richard Pryor in a Superman film retroactively. In fact I don't understand why it never occurred to the Salkinds and the writing team of III to actually have Pryor play Mxy. You had one of the most brilliant comedians of all time, and a fan of Superman and eager to be in your movie ,and you give him...Gus Gorman? But as a form of Mxy....perfect!
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 04-23-2021 at 12:04 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Huh. I don’t hate the idea, but the problem is you can’t share your ideas with creators, because then they can’t use them or they can be sued. So cross your fingers and hope Venditti has a similar idea
    I know (short of the originator signing something, which I know he'd be willing to do) - but I just had to make sure the idea saw some oxygen in fan circles, at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    That's brilliant actually. It not only fixes the whole Gus Gorman character but also the idea of Richard Pryor in a Superman film retroactively. In fact I don't understand why it never occurred to the Salkinds and the writing team of III to actually have Pryor play Mxy. You had one of the most brilliant comedians of all time, and a fan of Superman and eager to be in your movie ,and you give him...Gus Gorman? But as a form of Mxy....perfect!
    That's what I thought! It's just perfect. The tone, the wackiness (like the stop and go walk light figures fighting), the "computers couldn't do that then"... all of it makes sense.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    I know (short of the originator signing something, which I know he'd be willing to do) - but I just had to make sure the idea saw some oxygen in fan circles, at the very least.

That's what I thought! It's just perfect. The tone, the wackiness (like the stop and go walk light figures fighting), the "computers couldn't do that then"... all of it makes sense.
    It kinda makes me mad now that no one thought,hey,let's have Pryor play Mxy. I mean,aside from the Superboy TV show, no one has ever portrayed him as an actual emp in a bowler hat anyway. As you say,he was already doing Mxy like stuff anyway it seemed unintentionally.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Incredible Member

Just re-watched the first two films yesterday, and I have to admit, I'd love to see Officer Armus return; those who don't remember, he and his partner Harry were tailing Otis to Luthor's lair. But Harry got killed in the process.

I don't know why, but I can see Armus being this universe's version of Dan Turpin.

SUPERMAN ’78 #1
    Story by ROBERT VENDITTI
    Art by WILFREDO TORRES
    Cover by WILFREDO TORRES
    ON SALE 8/24/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC 1 od 6
    CARD STOCK OPEN ORDER Variant by EVAN “DOC” SHANER Price: US $4.99
    CARD STOCK 1:25 Design Variant by WILFREDO TORRES Price: US $4.99
    Fly into director Richard Donner’s Superman once more in Superman ’78! Written by Robert Venditti (Superman: Man of Tomorrow) and drawn by Wilfredo Torres (Batman ’66), Superman ’78 tells a brand-new adventure in the world of the beloved film. A bright, shining day in Metropolis is interrupted by a mysterious drone that crash-lands in the city and starts wreaking havoc. This looks like a job for Superman! But where did the metallic menace come from, what is its purpose, and who is Brainiac?

Looks like they were able to get Hackman's likeness.

Coming out swinging with Brainaic, I see.

Incredible Member

YAYYYYYY, Brainiac is the first threat; wonder who they based his design on?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It begins, people! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Assassinate Putin!