Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

So we're getting more than one version of Brainiac? Or is that one of his drones?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So we're getting more than one version of Brainiac? Or is that one of his drones?
    I’m assuming the more human Brainiac is the “true” Brainiac, and the robotic versions are his drones, sort of like Doombots.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Since this is an ongoing...it is obvious that this series is going to stretch pass Superman 2

Fascinating

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Looks like Non will be in this. Wonder if it'll be a flashback to a pre-lobotomized Non, which apparently Donner told the actor playing him was his backstory.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Its kinda sad Richard Donner passed before this came out. I know he and Geoff Johns used some of his and Mank's unused ideas in their run,but this is his Superman brought back to life after 40 years. It would have been nice for him To read this and to have seen his reaction.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Its kinda sad Richard Donner passed before this came out. I know he and Geoff Johns used some of his and Mank's unused ideas in their run,but this is his Superman brought back to life after 40 years. It would have been nice for him To read this and to have seen his reaction.
    Especially since the plot seems to be the Superman III he wanted to make but didn’t get to, with Superman fighting Brainiac

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Has anyone ever considered how crazy it is that Quest For Peace is not only the most ambitious Superman mass media project to date, but it's maybe third after movies 1 and 2 in terms of how often creators callback to it?

For me personally, I think it has the best superhero fight scene ever put to film (no one will ever convince me the moon fight isn't perfect), that great scene where Clark is suffering from radiation poisoning, and Superman taking a more direct role in saving the world.

I genuinely want to see a version of the bones of this story redone some day.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Has anyone ever considered how crazy it is that Quest For Peace is not only the most ambitious Superman mass media project to date, but it's maybe third after movies 1 and 2 in terms of how often creators callback to it?

For me personally, I think it has the best superhero fight scene ever put to film (no one will ever convince me the moon fight isn't perfect), that great scene where Clark is suffering from radiation poisoning, and Superman taking a more direct role in saving the world.

Watching the deleted scenes and such, there was definitely the bones of a great Superman film in there. Had it been given the money and time and at the hands of a more capable director, it might have been something special.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Quest for peace is one of the most disappointing movies of all time because of the sheer difference in quality between its execution and ideas

It’s no surprise that it became a touchstone of Superman media with the inclusion of nuclear man and Superman’s anti-nuclear weapons crusade in multiple mediums

I wouldn’t mind a maxi-series that rewrites the story with a more modern context and thicker storytelling

Or even an animated remake
    Last edited by kryptonian; 07-08-2021 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

The anti-nuclear weapons stance is genuinely fascinating, in part because something like that would never get into a superhero movie today, and because Reeve Superman is stereotyped as the wholesome good ol’ boy from 1950s America which that stance does not align with at all.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Office Space made me appreciate Superman 3 in a way I didn't before.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Yes it would have been great for him to see his work acknowledged like this and possibly interviews done for the comic.
    Power with Girl is better.

Incredible Member

Was this Venditti's "dream project" that he left the Justice League to do?