Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Was this Venditti's "dream project" that he left the Justice League to do?
    That was so long ago I don’t think so. I suspect that was something 5G related that fell through.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Office Space made me appreciate Superman 3 in a way I didn't before.
    Bill Lumbergh and The Bobs would strongly disagree
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

SUPERMAN '78 #3
    Writer: ROBERT VENDITTI
    Artist: WILFREDO TORRES
    Cover: AMY REEDER
    Variant Cover: LEE WEEKS
    $3.99 US | 32 PGS | 3 of 6| $4.99 US VARIANT (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 10/26/21

In order to save Metropolis, Superman must surrender to Brainiac or watch his city burn to the ground! After being taken aboard Brainiac's ship, Superman finds a shocking piece of his past that changes his entire future! Meanwhile, Lois Lane gets a cryptic message from a mysterious source claiming to have a way to save the Man of Steel!
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-16-2021 at 10:01 PM.

BANNED

This series is going to be godly

Incredible Member

That Lois & Superman picture is amazing.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

His parents come back! What! What!
    Assassinate Putin!

Really hoping this is good, I’ve been wanting a new Superman vs. Brainiac story for a while and this looks like it will scratch that itch since we don’t know if Brainiac will feature into PKJ’s Action plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    That Lois & Superman picture is amazing.
    Weekes is damn good.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

With my growing disinterest with PKJ's Superman stuff, this comic sounds like exactly what I've been looking for. Lois & Clark at the Daily Planet. Brainiac. Bizarro. Luthor. The Phantom Zone criminals. Classic Superman stuff.

I appreciate that the main books have to regularly mix things up so that when we inevitably go back to the more traditional status quo, readers get excited again, but I've just grown tired of them over the years. The tried and true Superman formula is what I'm interested in and this book looks to be delivering that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    With my growing disinterest with PKJ's Superman stuff, this comic sounds like exactly what I've been looking for. Lois & Clark at the Daily Planet. Brainiac. Bizarro. Luthor. The Phantom Zone criminals. Classic Superman stuff.

I appreciate that the main books have to regularly mix things up so that when we inevitably go back to the more traditional status quo, readers get excited again, but I've just grown tired of them over the years. The tried and true Superman formula is what I'm interested in and this book looks to be delivering that.
    I’m assuming this was very much deliberately crafted as a way of giving those who want the classic status quo some stuff to read while the main books attempt to break free of the confines of the classic status quo and do something new. I’m also assuming Waid will get to do his Birthright follow up for a similar reason, to scratch that itch. I too want some classic stuff with the classic Rogues, even though I’m loving what PKJ is doing and am excited for the future. It’s great that we can have both and I hope people will go out and support this, maybe we can get another “season” of this if they do.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m assuming this was very much deliberately crafted as a way of giving those who want the classic status quo some stuff to read while the main books attempt to break free of the confines of the classic status quo and do something new. I’m also assuming Waid will get to do his Birthright follow up for a similar reason, to scratch that itch. I too want some classic stuff with the classic Rogues, even though I’m loving what PKJ is doing and am excited for the future. It’s great that we can have both and I hope people will go out and support this, maybe we can get another “season” of this if they do.
    Yeah, it seems DC are trying to give everyone a little something to enjoy. The main DCU will have Jon as Superman on Earth while Clark is off doing cosmic stuff in space. However, they'll have Superman '78 and Red & Blue for readers who want the more traditional set up, along with plenty of mini-series and specials.

And on that note: https://twitter.com/robertvenditti/s...307848193?s=21
    Is this an ongoing while Batman ‘89 is limited?

Venditti: The first story is 6 issues. After that, we’ll see what happens.
    If you like this make sure to buy it so that Venditti can do more, because as of right now it looks like the plan is just 6 issues.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    And on that note: https://twitter.com/robertvenditti/s...307848193?s=21

If you like this make sure to buy it so that Venditti can do more, because as of right now it looks like the plan is just 6 issues.
    I hate to say this but it's a good strategy. Make sure there's an audience first before committing to anything. I can't imagine a Superman 78 ongoing NOT catching on but this is the safer route.
    Assassinate Putin!

Might as well do a series of minis. If there is an audience for this then they were waiting for few decades so they'll have no problems with having 3-4 month gaps between these minis.

BANNED

I’m in agreement that this is DC’s way of having the classic status quo while also cruising off of donnerverse iconography

They know that undoing the marriage again would be a disaster, so they decided to use Donnerverse as a platform to sell that status quo without throwing away 5 years of rebuilding