Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Wonder if they set it after two if they’d go with the Lester or Donner version.
    You have your answer in the panels posted above by Dispenser of Truth.

Woah I was not expecting this. Guess this rules out Venditti secretly working on a JSA book. Venditti writes a solid Superman, and setting this inbetween 1 and 2 basically means we get a book with the classic set up for the first time since the pre-marriage Triangle Era I think? Very curious to see how he approaches this project, wonder if we’ll see Donnerverse versions of classic Superman enemies that never showed up on screen like Brainiac, Metallo, etc. Will they also bring in post Donner characters like Maggie Sawyer as well I wonder?

Gotta echo Dispensor, I’m shocked Waid isn’t writing this, this is “his” guy in the traditional status quo Waid prefers. Hoping this means he’s still got a project coming! But I think Venditti will do a solid job here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Problem is which route do they take? The unpopular superman 3 & 4? Or the deadbeat dad in superman returns?
    Honestly they should just make this yet another separate universe that does its own thing. Use the Donner films as a springboard to go wherever they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Some of Torres' preliminary drawings:

Looks great! Definitely seeing Reeve there. I wonder will they keep the whole universe set vaguely in the 1970s? Also there 100% will be a crossover at some point with Batman ‘89, no way it doesn’t happen.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

A comic series connected to my favorite superhero movie?

YES PLEASE!
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

I know this is from Burton’s planned Superman movie, not Donner’s, but I honestly think Burton’s Brainiac would fit right in with Donnerverse Superman. It’s got that wild 70s sci-fi energy.

Fascinating how both Donner and Burton wanted to use Brainiac but were blocked by WB’s incompetence.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I know this is from Burton’s planned Superman movie, not Donner’s, but I honestly think Burton’s Brainiac would fit right in with Donnerverse Superman. It’s got that wild 70s sci-fi energy.

Fascinating how both Donner and Burton wanted to use Brainiac but were blocked by WB’s incompetence.
    Looking rather Death Star-ish in that first image.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Okay, genie, now for my second wish...
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Looking rather Death Star-ish in that first image.
    It reminds me more of the spaceship from Zardox

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Okay, genie, now for my second wish...
    An animated adaptation of the Tim Burton Superman film? Or at least a comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

The comics for the classic Batman and Wonder Woman TV shows introduced the major members of their respective Rogues Gallery who never appeared on the shows, so I could see that being the case for the movie comics.

Superman, the man of yesterday.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Hopefully we can see some characters from the comics never seen in that era of the films (which, technically, is a lot). Hopefully an ongoing continuity can be created from this that can be revisited every year.

Re: Burton/Jon Peters:
    ..... just please, no giant mechanical spiders.

Hopefully this means I finally get my Nuclear Man vs. Bizzaro face off one day.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post

This rules but - and I don't mean this as a knock against Vendetti, who I think could do a lovely job - if you've got Waid back and he's all but announced to do a Superman thing this is CLEARLY what he should have been assigned to. This is his guy!
    Also not trying to knock Vendetti... I feel like Waid is the guy who knows the comic character itself so well in and out that this assignment would be hollow for him. Like his first Superman work was before most of us were even born. Vendetti writes "functioning essentials" Superman so I think he'll have a lot of fun with this and likely still manage some nice, unique quirks.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

These sorts of projects are interesting in theory. But the writers and artists always either restrict themselves to what was already used in the movies or TV shows or go way off base and introduce characters and concepts created decades later. If you're going to stick a year on the cover and draw on certain movies or TV productions for aesthetics, it would be more interesting to see them play with the toys that were available at the time and imagine what they might look like in a movie. I mean, while it might be interesting to see a '78 version of Doomsday or Livewire or Manchester Black, what I'd REALLY be more interested in is seeing is movie versions of classics like Metallo or Parasite (Maxwell Jensen version) or characters that were being played up in the '70s like Terra-Man or the Atomic Skull.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I would love to see this turned into an ongoing like Batman 66. I hope they're testing the waters for one.
    Assassinate Putin!