Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Okay, Superman personally vouching for Luthor because he believes Lex can be a better man is very on brand, but the idea that Luthor would even be up for parole this early is ridiculous.

I'm going to stick with my head canon that Lex pulled a lot of legal stunts to reduce his criminal charges in addition blackmailing the judge into giving him early parole when sentencing him. Lex had pictures of the judge being spanked by a dominatrix in a Nixon mask at a late 70s sex party.

I'll be waiting for my No-Prize in the mail, Venditti

You wanna know how a criminal who came close to destroying the world manages to stay out of jail?

Watch the news. Happens in real life all the time.

"We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Can we just also admit that it is ridiculous for Superman to believe that Lex Luthor
    after a brief period of time in the pokey is ready to return to society.

Yes, Superman has a belief that everyone can be redeemed. But he is also
    a smart guy, has had plenty of interactions with Luthor for years. Would Superman
    really believe that? I have a hard time thinking so.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    Can we just also admit that it is ridiculous for Superman to believe that Lex Luthor

a smart guy, has had plenty of interactions with Luthor for years. Would Superman
    I think the idea is that Superman believes that someone with Luthor's massive intellect could be a more productive member of society free and under his supervision than simply sitting in a prison that he's already proven capable of escaping from easily. We'll see if Superman's faith is warranted in this particular case...although Superman IV would seem to indicate that it is not

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post

Depends on the Superman, but Clark isn’t usually one to believe anything is impossible. Saying it is just strikes him as a challenge usually. Plus he seemingly wanted Lex’s help with Brainiac so he wasn’t helping Lex completely out of the kindness of his heart.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So I went to my LCS to pick up my copy yesterday and the guy behind the counter told me that they stopped carrying new DC books two weeks ago. Should I be concerned about that? keep in mind, I have a subscription.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So I went to my LCS to pick up my copy yesterday and the guy behind the counter told me that they stopped carrying new DC books two weeks ago. Should I be concerned about that? keep in mind, I have a subscription.
    Uh I think you need to find a different store. What reason did he give for that?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Uh I think you need to find a different store. What reason did he give for that?
    They didn't. It wasn't the owner. Just somebody who worked there. I think I'm gonna call them today to find out what's going on. Some local stores won't put out new content until Wednesday just to keep the old schedule but that doesn't explain the whole no longer carrying new books thing.
    Assassinate Putin!

UPDATE: Okay, I called the store and they said they haven't been able to get anything DC for the last two weeks. The problem appears to not be on their end. I also called the local chain store and they said they were sold out but could get more in a couple week. So the chain stores don't appear to be having problems but the local business is. I wonder if this is DC prioritizing the chain stores over local stores.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Yeah this issue was much better than the first one, which I thought was pretty bland. I cracked up at the opening Lex scenes, and him clicking the busted light switch in his crummy apartment was hilarious to me for some reason. Overall, I think Venditti has captured the voice of Lex better than any other character thus far, including Supes.

And tossing his S emblem as a weapon will always be great
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I gotta admit, the whole S-shield wrap thing always struck me as goofy in the movie, but I really dug it here.

It would interesting to see him pull that trick on Earth-0 every once and awhile...

Incredible Member

It would have been fun if Luthor had been transported to serve his sentence in Australia.
    Maybe working on a ranch in the outback.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    UPDATE: Okay, I called the store and they said they haven't been able to get anything DC for the last two weeks. The problem appears to not be on their end. I also called the local chain store and they said they were sold out but could get more in a couple week. So the chain stores don't appear to be having problems but the local business is. I wonder if this is DC prioritizing the chain stores over local stores.
    Likely a problem caused by the paper shortage. Hope they get that sorted out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Likely a problem caused by the paper shortage. Hope they get that sorted out soon.
    Didn't DC change distribution companies?

Anyway, this book is fun, they have definitely captured the look and feel of Superman TMP.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Didn't DC change distribution companies?

Anyway, this book is fun, they have definitely captured the look and feel of Superman TMP.
    Seems to be a global issue unfortunately, Marvel has been affected as well I understand.