Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Take the hint, DC! Make this an ongoing!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Take the hint, DC! Make this an ongoing!
    Sadly the sales haven’t been all that great despite the good reviews. Wouldn’t mind seeing Venditti play more in this world, be curious to see how he would approach other Superman Rogues.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sadly the sales haven’t been all that great despite the good reviews. Wouldn’t mind seeing Venditti play more in this world, be curious to see how he would approach other Superman Rogues.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111oneon e
    Assassinate Putin!

Just got done with issue 5. The Richard Pryer "cameo" was a nice touch.
    Assassinate Putin!

I imagine there will probably be a “World’s Finest” mini with Batman ‘89, since they did one with Batman 66/Wonder Woman ‘77, but probably not until after Waid’s thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I imagine there will probably be a “World’s Finest” mini with Batman ‘89, since they did one with Batman 66/Wonder Woman ‘77, but probably not until after Waid’s thing.
    I’m sure Waid would be chomping at the bit to write it lol. I could see them putting that out, depends on if they’re merging Reeve Superman with the DCEU by having Sasha be his daughter/granddaughter. If so that would make Reeve and Keaton contemporaries and DC might want to put out a comic showing the two teaming up.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I’m sure Waid would be chomping at the bit to write it lol. I could see them putting that out, depends on if they’re merging Reeve Superman with the DCEU by having Sasha be his daughter/granddaughter. If so that would make Reeve and Keaton contemporaries and DC might want to put out a comic showing the two teaming up.
    She's wearing Cavill's S with the rest of the suit looking similar to his too, that seems like a pretty clear indicator that she's aligned with him in some way aka alt universe Clark/Kara/Lara/whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    She's wearing Cavill's S with the rest of the suit looking similar to his too, that seems like a pretty clear indicator that she's aligned with him in some way aka alt universe Clark/Kara/Lara/whoever.
    Well recent rumors have Cavill getting outright erased from the DCEU in the Flash…

Incredible Member

Well recent rumors have Cavill getting outright erased from the DCEU in the Flash…
    Even if that's accurate-- and it could well be-- she's still definitely "alt-universe DCEU (aka Cavill) Supes)" rather than being tied to Reeve in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Even if that's accurate-- and it could well be-- she's still definitely "alt-universe DCEU (aka Cavill) Supes)" rather than being tied to Reeve in any way.
    Might want to wait until after The Flash because it looks like she’s outright replacing him with Cavill getting deleted.

Extraordinary Member

Superman '78 #6 Preview
    Writer: Robert Venditti
    Artist: Wilfredo Torres

Final issue! Pretty solid ending, I like that the Els survived, and Vendetti’s explanation for why Superman can’t regrow the Bottles (Brainiac’s ship blew up) works for me. Really dug Vendetti’s take on Brainiac in this mini, makes me curious how he would approach the mainline version of Brainiac. Wouldn’t mind seeing more of this continuity from Venditti if he ever got a chance. “Too bad the Metropolis Real Estate market is crashing” is probably my favorite Lex Luthor line since “We all have our little faults. Mine’s in California”

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm guessing the sales of the TPB will determine the future of this one. The likeness rights no doubt made this series more expensive to produce than normal.

When Batman 66 came out, Adam West was still alive. That probably made getting likeness rights much easier. Almost everyone associated with this is dead. Even Gene Hackman is 90 now.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Really good ending to a really good series. Closure, yet open enough for another series. Yeah that Metropolis real estate line was gold. What made it funnier (for me anyway) was that he said it while riding in a hot air balloon (least that's what I thought it was). I mean, what says old school villain more than a hot air balloon?

Also, kudos to other great references: The Goonies (RIP Donner)! Win a trip to Addis Ababa! Heh, awesome!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog