Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If you mean Carol, they basically broke up at the start of Venditti's run to leave her open to be with Kyle.

(And yeah, I hated it too).
    Thank You! I drifted away from everything GL related after Johns left only reading the trades once and forgetting them.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Good call. Of course, it came out of absolutely nowhere, IIRC, since their relationship was good when we last saw them shortly before that. I wasn't exactly happy with the vilification (made so incredibly much heavier in Identity Crisis, of course) of the silver age woman who actually prized her career to the degree of not being marriage-minded (while men who were the same are heroes). Not that I think anyone was thinking of that at the time.

I hate her perception of Dick Grayson. But I believe that comes from Nightwing Annual 2, which Grayson did not write. And it wouldn't qualify anyway, because he was the titular hero, and cheating rather than being cheated on. Him getting way with it (which he did, since it was retconned into the past and so results in him maintaining friendly relationships with both after the incident) would qualify as wish fulfillment.
    And thanks to Identity Crisis and all the subsequent reboots, we barely see Ralph, Sue and Jean these days. They've gotten lost in the shuffle.

IIRC, the Nightwing annual was written by Marc Andreyko.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Jean on Ray
    Jenni on Kyle
    Cassie on Connor (with Tim, his best mate!)

Can someone tell me if Hal and Carol were still a thing when he hooked up with Kyle?? I don't recall it officially ending. (Man, what a STUPID idea. Hated it SOOOOO much!)
    Hal hooked up with Kyle? Who knew Kyle would accept being the third partner in an open relationship.

BANNED

I agree with the 'horrible storyline" part, but that was still titular hero cheating, not being cheated on. At least, I thought it was in a Green Arrow comic. So doesn't meet the criteria for the question asked.
    If I'm not mistaken wasn't Green Arrow "cheating" from a storyline where he was raped?
    Because I hear this get brought up and every time I look into the context of it its made clear he was assaulted

I didn't know that happened. I mean, I knew of them having sex once, but Kon was dead at that time. So I guess there was a repeat? Yuck.

If I'm not mistaken wasn't Green Arrow "cheating" from a storyline where he was raped?
    Because I hear this get brought up and every time I look into the context of it its made clear he was assaulted
    The first time, yes. The second and third times, no. It became a character trait, which I much despised. I have to admit, that, though I may not have been paying sufficient attention, the first (only) time I read it, I had perceive the Shado event as a fever-dream-delusion that never happened. But like I said, I may not have read as closely as I should have. Despite it's popularity and acclaim, it's just not my flavor (well, it or the subsequent GA series). Anything marked Mature is highly likely not to be my thing, which I know sounds bad, but tonally it typically means more personalized violence, more sexual violence, and less moral heroes, and an overall "darker" tone. Not my thing.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 02-17-2021 at 07:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Dick Grayson's case is Liu, his first time at age 16-17, an older woman who was dating their mentor at that time. She never loved Dick and was only in for it to get his... traces... to access Wayne Enterprises something something.

Edit: I remember another one of Dick's. Raya Vestri. Childhood friend. Actually had relations with their other childhood friend, wants revenge on Dick because they're blaming him for her lover to be tortured and almost died since it's supposed to be Dick who suffered that fate from The Court of Owls.

Bruce should have one, but I can only remember instances when his love interest just straight up tried to murder him, no other men involved.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 02-17-2021 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Cassie didn't cheat on Connor, at least knowingly. When she kissed Tim, she thought Connor was dead.

BANNED

Cassie didn't cheat on Connor, at least knowingly. When she kissed Tim, she thought Connor was dead.
    Cassie and the death of Connor, Lois and the death of Superman, her body was still warm and she was already with another. It may not technically be a hoax, but when you are with another person 5 m later.I think it says a lot about your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Cassie and the death of Connor, Lois and the death of Superman, her body was still warm and she was already with another. It may not technically be a hoax, but when you are with another person 5 m later.I think it says a lot about your feelings.
    Thought I don't quite understand all that you are saying, I'd it says that Cassie and Tim were dealing with grief in majorly unhealthy ways. Especially Tim, because of his other actions, if I'm correctly remembering what happened.

It is in no way, shape, or form cheating. Even in marriage, it's "until death do us part" - it's not breaking any vows after that, not cheating.

I don't like characters moving and hooking up two seconds after the death of their lovers, and I admit that, but that's not what happened with them. It was all crying and grieving and I think it was yucky, but it certainly wasn't indicative of a lack of feelings for Kon. If we're talking about the same incident.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 02-17-2021 at 02:37 PM.

BANNED

Thought I don't quite understand all that you are saying, I'd it says that Cassie and Tim were dealing with grief in majorly unhealthy ways. Especially Tim, because of his other actions, if I'm correctly remembering what happened.

It is in no way, shape, or form cheating. Even in marriage, it's "until death do us part" - it's not breaking any vows after that, not cheating.

I don't like characters moving and hooking up two seconds after the death of their lovers, and I admit that, but that's not what happened with them. It was all crying and grieving and I think it was yucky, but it certainly wasn't indicative of a lack of feelings for Kon. If we're talking about the same incident.
    He is not even 5 m dead and he is already with another, he is also a good friend, as I said technically it is not a deception, but a total lack of respect, and for me if he shows a lack of feelings, because the first thing he does is go off with someone else, in that case Connor would have to send the two of them to hell, I don't know what happened after that, I hope you can explain me a bit, thanks. As for Lois, Superman had just died and Lois almost got into bed with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    He is not even 5 m dead and he is already with another, he is also a good friend, as I said technically it is not a deception, but a total lack of respect, and for me if he shows a lack of feelings, because the first thing he does is go off with someone else, in that case Connor would have to send the two of them to hell, I don't know what happened after that, I hope you can explain me a bit, thanks. As for Lois, Superman had just died and Lois almost got into bed with someone else.
    Okay, I'm really sure what you are talking about with Lois. I read the death of Superman, and there was no on else and she was very much grieving.

As for Tim and Cass, I haven't read it, but I know that Tim was actually trying to recreate Kon (new clone) which speaks to extreme grief and lack of mental health. It failed. Both he and Cass cried. Then they er..clung to each other. It was clearly an expression of grief and was a one-off.

And any person who "sends [them] to hell" for cheating on them is an absolute ******* and not at all heroic (again, not that they were cheating), and indeed, Kon had specifically said before he wouldn't kill man just because he's jealous.

The person might be referring to the time she kissed Lex in the Death of Superman animated movie. But that was only to trick him so she can get access to his Superman cloning lab. That was all well after Superman died and there was a clone Superman running around.

BANNED

Okay, I'm really sure what you are talking about with Lois. I read the death of Superman, and there was no on else and she was very much grieving.

As for Tim and Cass, I haven't read it, but I know that Tim was actually trying to recreate Kon (new clone) which speaks to extreme grief and lack of mental health. It failed. Both he and Cass cried. Then they er..clung to each other. It was clearly an expression of grief and was a one-off.

And any person who "sends [them] to hell" for cheating on them is an absolute ******* and not at all heroic (again, not that they were cheating), and indeed, Kon had specifically said before he wouldn't kill man just because he's jealous.
    I think it was misunderstood, I'm not saying that Connor has to kill anyone, just that he stops being his friend. I imagine Connor's face when he discovered that his girlfriend and his friend slept together, but they did it because they missed him, he would surely feel sorry for them. nothing justice that you sleep with the best friend of your boyfriend. It is as if tomorrow Lois dies and Clark sleeps with Lucy, surely no one criticizes him.

Incredible Member

I don't think the Tim/Cassie thing qualifies as cheating. Don't know remember the exact time frame, but you have (1) Conner sacrificing his live in Infinite Crisis, (2) Young Justice dealing with the loss (3) Reveal of Tim trying to clone Conner to bring him back, and then sharing a grief-stricken kiss/embrace in front of his failed cloning attempts. Definitely weird, but none of it happened while Conner was together with Cassie (alive).

Over in Marvel Comics, but might not meet your definition of main/titular hero as it is team based, but you have that whole Cyclops - Jean Grey - Emma Frost triangle with Wolverine in there as well. If "Jean" is your main hero, you definitely have Cyclops cheating on her with Emma on panel. There is also the implication of Jean cheating on Cyclops with Wolverine.

Extraordinary Member

Not only that. It was over a year later (in universe) after Kon died.

Most 16 year old girls wouldn’t last THAT long.