BANNED

Default Immortal Wonder Woman: Whose GL Ring?

Are we ever going to get an answer to this?

It's a shame they didn't tell us. I don't see it playing a role again.

I think she didn't get it from anyone. She got it after Earth fell and before the undoing eradicated every being except for the Spectre and herself, which seems to imply she got it because she is worthy of the GL ring. It came to her.

By the time she got it, all the Green Lanterns with normal lifespans that Diana has a connection with would have already been dead for years.

It's just weird that she wears it as a necklace. Would have been cool if she had gotten to fight with it and the lasso to undo the undoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post

I think she didn't get it from anyone. She got it after Earth fell and before the undoing eradicated every being except for the Spectre and herself, which seems to imply she got it because she is worthy of the GL ring. It came to her.

By the time she got it, all the Green Lanterns with normal lifespans that Diana has a connection with would have already been dead for years.

It's just weird that she wears it as a necklace. Would have been cool if she had gotten to fight with it and the lasso to undo the undoing.
    It's atypical, but... we've seen that you don't really need to wear a GL "ring" as a ring at all ever. I'm certain she'd be able to wield the powers even with it as a pendant.

Probably didn't confirm who so it wouldn't start another GL flame war.

She had it at the start of the first issue before before she got the bat-belt so it's probably someone's.

It is most likely not from a character we know, so I guess they figured it was not important.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It's atypical, but... we've seen that you don't really need to wear a GL "ring" as a ring at all ever. I'm certain she'd be able to wield the powers even with it as a pendant.
    Interesting. I've only ever seen them worn around a finger. Makes sense though, that that's not a requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Probably didn't confirm who so it wouldn't start another GL flame war.

She had it at the start of the first issue before before she got the bat-belt so it's probably someone's.
    Oh, wow, I completely forgot she already had it in #1. Thanks for pointing that out.

Interesting. I've only ever seen them worn around a finger. Makes sense though, that that's not a requirement.
    No. Just think of Mogo. The Planet. No finger there.

Star Sapphire for years had a variant gem in her tiara.

Also, the Indigo tribe had staves, not rings.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No. Just think of Mogo. The Planet. No finger there.

Star Sapphire for years had a variant gem in her tiara.

Also, the Indigo tribe had staves, not rings.
    Indigo are weird because they DO have rings, but they channel the power through the staff.

But yeah, some lanterns are non-humanoid. Someone, I forget who, wears it as a bracelet. Dex-starr has it on his TAIL. Ranxx? I have no idea. Like Mogo that thing is so far from humanoid there is no hand analogue. Didn't one of the Black Mercy Plants get a ring at some point?

Humanoid lanterns usually just wear it as a ring, but one of the Earth Lanterns, maybe more than one, has demonstrated the ability to wield the power while it's in his pocket.

Can confirm, Black Mercy Plant was offered both Sinestro's and GL's rings and it picked GL.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Can confirm, Black Mercy Plant was offered both Sinestro's and GL's rings and it picked GL.
    Right, now I remember... they jumped onto it's tendrils and Black Mercy decides it doesn't want to dual wield and uses the GL ring to cut off the tendril the Sinestro ring is attached to.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Indigo are weird because they DO have rings, but they channel the power through the staff.

But yeah, some lanterns are non-humanoid. Someone, I forget who, wears it as a bracelet. Dex-starr has it on his TAIL. Ranxx? I have no idea. Like Mogo that thing is so far from humanoid there is no hand analogue. Didn't one of the Black Mercy Plants get a ring at some point?

Humanoid lanterns usually just wear it as a ring, but one of the Earth Lanterns, maybe more than one, has demonstrated the ability to wield the power while it's in his pocket.
    Right. There is no reason to only use it only as a ring on a finger. The shape and/or placement has never been a factor. I never saw an issue where a GL or other made it into a bracelet and then could not use the power.

Hard to imagine it not being Hal's. It looks like a Corps ring design which eliminates Alan. After that, Hal's the other classic teammate so I think it defaults to him.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-20-2021 at 12:48 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

I could be John's since he doesn't need to use his right now, and they've been team mates more recently, with John being Bruce's first choice for GL. DC is also promoting John more right now.