Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I don't know. It could be fun to see how she became whom she became, from her point of view. Maybe we'll see that she see's Dalmations as evil and must be destroyed or something.

Is it just me, or does Emma Stone REALLY look like Eva Greene in that last shot?
    Obviously the Dalmatians were the ones who tried to burn her alive at 1:14 not sure how they managed to tie her up without opposable thumbs though...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Is it just me, or does Emma Stone REALLY look like Eva Greene in that last shot?
    Ooohhh!...Now THAT'S who they SHOULD have cast.

Eva Green would have been perfect, she has the right mix of beauty, cruelty, and camp to play an entertaining evil person. Emma Stone with her "indie darling" affect and looks is just a bad choice for this part. It's gonna come across as a mix of "likable actress goes evil", "aiming for the Oscars" and so on and it will suck.

I think people are demanding too much from this - this is a vehicle to watch Emma Stone being both gorgeous and crazy while hamming it up. Like, it's done, what more do we need?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Ooohhh!...Now THAT'S who they SHOULD have cast.

Eva Green would have been perfect, she has the right mix of beauty, cruelty, and camp to play an entertaining evil person. Emma Stone with her "indie darling" affect and looks is just a bad choice for this part. It's gonna come across as a mix of "likable actress goes evil", "aiming for the Oscars" and so on and it will suck.
    Helena Bonham Carter would have been perfect.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Obviously the Dalmatians were the ones who tried to burn her alive at 1:14 not sure how they managed to tie her up without opposable thumbs though...
    I was wondering how they are going to make the animals the bad guy in this to make Cruella more in the “right”. I mean it’s kind of harder to make animals malicious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I was wondering how they are going to make the animals the bad guy in this to make Cruella more in the “right”. I mean it’s kind of harder to make animals malicious.
    Especially Dalmations, they aren't evil looking dogs. Quite the opposite.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Helena Bonham Carter would have been perfect.
    I think both would have been good for a straight new adaption of 101, but they clearly wanted a younger version of the character. I think Emma will do a good job.

I really don't think we have to worry about Disney making a puppy murderer and inefficient fashion designer (who needs 99 puppies to make one coat?) whose name is Cruel Devil into a sympathetic figure.

Even Once Upon a Time didn't do that, and they humanized Hades.

OUAT spoilers:
    It looked they would when they established that Cruella's mother had her dalmatians attack her in order to keep her in line, only to reveal that her mother was trying to keep Cruella from killing people.
    end of spoilers

She's just not a subtle character.

Is Disney really trying to make us sympathize with a broad that wants to kill puppies?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Is Disney really trying to make us sympathize with a broad that wants to kill puppies?
    Given that loads of women apparently have the sympathetic hots for an emo space Nazi and getting together with the girl he once tortured I think this is a step up from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Given that loads of women apparently have the sympathetic hots for an emo space Nazi and getting together with the girl he once tortured I think this is a step up from that.
    Who are you talking about?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Who are you talking about?
    Kylo Ren in Star Wars, for whom LFL pimped out Rey and hollowed out her characterization while demoting Finn as much as possible to service. Oh, and that’s 100% a Rian Johnson and LFL thing; people try to obfuscate and pretend that movie didn’t start it and bear most of the responsibility for it, but it’s a TLJ thing.

I dont’ think this trailer feels like they’re making Cruella a misunderstood hero, but rather a monster going after monsters kind of thing - I wouldn’t be surprised if this film has her main conflict be with human antagonists to her who deserve her ire, while 101 Dalmatians starts in the background as an example of Cruella’s equally casual cruelty.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

not super into classic disney cartoons or their reboots/spinoffs but i am allergic to dogs so she's always been an antihero to me

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Maybe it'll be like a family-friendly Joker movie?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I still dont know what this is about. She's a crazy lady who's gonna burn down those who look down on her?