Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Disney's Cruella

Yup, it's happening.

I was a fan of Maleficent so I'll check it out.

They should do one next about how Mustafa was just trying to overthrow a corrupt monarchist system that enforced a strict class hierarchy, hypocritically espousing the state religion of the Circle Of Life while banishing the unwanted hyena minority to the elephant graveyard.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Will she develop her taste for skinning dogs in this film?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The question is whether Disney will ever be brave enough to do a Judge Frollo origin film in the same vein, because he is definitely the darkest and most complex villain they have done in my opinion.

Niffleheim

I would love a Ursula origin story in live action. I hope they don't make a sequel for Cruella because it didn't work out that well for Maleficent

Admittedly, Emma Stone does a great job playing a flamboyant crazy lady.

I am kind of curious the exact context for the Dalmatians' use in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    They should do one next about how Mustafa was just trying to overthrow a corrupt monarchist system that enforced a strict class hierarchy, hypocritically espousing the state religion of the Circle Of Life while banishing the unwanted hyena minority to the elephant graveyard.
    Did you mean Scar?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I would love a Ursula origin story in live action. I hope they don't make a sequel for Cruella because it didn't work out that well for Maleficent
    We have Melissa McCarthy as Ursula in the live action Little Mermaid, so I assume that's the closest we'll get.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Did you mean Scar?
    Oh yeah. Whichever one sounds like Jeremy Ironside.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I was hoping 2019 live action Lion King film would dive into Mufasa and Scar's past, there was a prequel book that gave more details their relationship not seen in the original animated film years ago ( late 90s I think). But I don't think Disney should start a trend with doing live action solo villain origin stories as many of the villain's aren't compelling without the heroes. But Scar from Lion King is one of the very few Disney villains that actually succeeds in his plans ( at least for a while).

BANNED

The crack about this being Disney's JOKER is cheap...but the trailer is quite obviously presenting a movie inspired by the Joker.

And the entire thing feels like a SNL spoof than the real thing. It's like here's guest star Emma Stone playing a mock-trailer.

I honestly don't know what's the purpose of a sympathetic backstory for a woman who wants to murder over a hundred puppies for the sake of fancy rich coats and designs. There's literally nothing sympathetic to be gained there. Cruella De Vil is a great camp villain and Glenn Close in the '90s Live-Action film had a ball of fun in that role but trying to give her all sobby and sad and still end the movie with her deciding to murder puppies for fancy expensive clothes is lame.

she looks like Harley Quinn from another verse..

So, is this movie supposed to be an origin story or 101 Dalmatians from the villain's perspective? I can't tell. Emma Stone usually does good work, but I'm not really getting the feel of the character from the original movie or Glen Close's work in the previous live action films.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    But I don't think Disney should start a trend with doing live action solo villain origin stories as many of the villain's aren't compelling without the heroes..
    Funny that they've been doing that a lot in tie-in books. Serena Valentino's Villains series is all about how the Disney villains became who they were. There's also the new City of Villains series that heavily reimagines a number of them in a dark urban fantasy setting.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The crack about this being Disney's JOKER is cheap...but the trailer is quite obviously presenting a movie inspired by the Joker.

And the entire thing feels like a SNL spoof than the real thing. It's like here's guest star Emma Stone playing a mock-trailer.

I honestly don't know what's the purpose of a sympathetic backstory for a woman who wants to murder over a hundred puppies for the sake of fancy rich coats and designs. There's literally nothing sympathetic to be gained there. Cruella De Vil is a great camp villain and Glenn Close in the '90s Live-Action film had a ball of fun in that role but trying to give her all sobby and sad and still end the movie with her deciding to murder puppies for fancy expensive clothes is lame.
    I don't know. It could be fun to see how she became whom she became, from her point of view. Maybe we'll see that she see's Dalmations as evil and must be destroyed or something.

Is it just me, or does Emma Stone REALLY look like Eva Greene in that last shot?