Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cable 8 - Spoiler/Review Thread - Attack of the Clones

Cable and Domino are in Tokyo eating in a restauarant when he sees the guy that kidnapped the babies and runs off after him. He uses his eye to open a locked door. The guy says he lost contact wit Stryfe in the US and assumes he killed him. Stryfe couldnt undestand why he abandoned his war to go back in time. He assumed it was a trap but it seems Nate just likes South Pacific vacations. For someone that doesnt like clones, you sure date enough of them. The guy is shot dead in the head and a bunch of Cable clones appear. Stryfe has been cloning him....alot

As Nate fights the clones, Domino finally appears and helps him by shooting them. As they talk over the bodies, they realize one is missing. Turns out Domino killed 2 with 1 bullet. They run up and catch the clone but he electrocutes them as they step into a puddle. He's gonna replace Nate on Krakoa

Suddenly a flaming rock comes from the sky whom he thinks is Sunfire. Its not and the clone is decapitated.

Another time, Another place, Old Cable uses his TK to open a locked door in the desert. He walks into a trap

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I haven't read the issue yet, but does it seem to be same-age Stryfe (the one Rachel and Nate mindwiped) or OG Stryfe that is in this?

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I haven't read the issue yet, but does it seem to be same-age Stryfe (the one Rachel and Nate mindwiped) or OG Stryfe that is in this?
    He wasnt in it. Cable says he thought he killed Stryfe before he travelled back in time. The young Stryfe wasnt killed right? If not, then I guess we can assume it was an older one. Stryfe has always confused me and this issue didnt make that any clearer

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He wasnt in it. Cable says he thought he killed Stryfe before he travelled back in time. The young Stryfe wasnt killed right? If not, then I guess we can assume it was an older one. Stryfe has always confused me and this issue didnt make that any clearer
    Ok so that is Duggan not reading X-Force OR there is something brewing that will explain why he thinks that he killed him. Young Stryfe, after almost being killed by RACHEL, was captured and Ray rewrote his memories and mindwiped him with Nate's assistance. It's assumed from that point he was left in the future with no memory of the events after Extermination and kept being a tyrant and trying to rule the world. It would affect the future/timestream if young Stryfe kept interacting with the past hence the mindwipe.

Stryfe has also being confusing to me as well since he lost his body after the events of X-Cutioner's Song, but has continued to reappear in a body or as a psychic ghost. I would say for the sake of clarity (and our sanity) that adult Stryfe has a body farm and pops his consciousness into a cloned body (heh, he's a clone in a clone body) hence why he keeps appearing. It would make no sense as to why young Stryfe would a) know that Cable is gone from the future; and B) would have access to clone Nate and create all these clones. None of this makes sense. So I guess we'll have to see what Duggan is doing.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 02-17-2021 at 08:44 AM.

Dammit. I’m going to have to buy this for the few panels of adult Cable at the end I guess. Hope to get a resolution to that soon. Is he back? Is he not and this is actually in the past (or his past) before he died?

I love it !!! More summers walking around!!!

The summers family just got bigger today

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Dammit. I’m going to have to buy this for the few panels of adult Cable at the end I guess. Hope to get a resolution to that soon. Is he back? Is he not and this is actually in the past (or his past) before he died?
    The way I am reading this is this is Kid Cable but in the future (as an older adult), and not original (Old) Cable, as the way the future Cable over confidently stumbles into the trap doesn't seem like something original Cable would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Ok so that is Duggan not reading X-Force OR there is something brewing that will explain why he thinks that he killed him. Young Stryfe, after almost being killed by RACHEL, was captured and Ray rewrote his memories and mindwiped him with Nate's assistance. It's assumed from that point he was left in the future with no memory of the events after Extermination and kept being a tyrant and trying to rule the world. It would affect the future/timestream if young Stryfe kept interacting with the past hence the mindwipe.

Stryfe has also being confusing to me as well since he lost his body after the events of X-Cutioner's Song, but has continued to reappear in a body or as a psychic ghost. I would say for the sake of clarity (and our sanity) that adult Stryfe has a body farm and pops his consciousness into a cloned body (heh, he's a clone in a clone body) hence why he keeps appearing. It would make no sense as to why young Stryfe would a) know that Cable is gone from the future; and B) would have access to clone Nate and create all these clones. None of this makes sense. So I guess we'll have to see what Duggan is doing.
    The way they were ignoing x-force so this would be the first time Domino is team up with kid Cable and even changing kid Cable personality. X-force being fully ignored is a heavy possibility

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    The way I am reading this is this is Kid Cable but in the future (as an older adult), and not original (Old) Cable, as the way the future Cable over confidently stumbles into the trap doesn't seem like something original Cable would do.
    This is confuse but I understand it. I think the writing is so poor that we think they are out of character
    Last edited by Rang10; 02-17-2021 at 01:16 PM.

Astonishing Member

So what Cable is cable ?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

IF adult Cable is finally coming back I might actually be interested again. This kid version has sucked since day one.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Maybe, but it’s been established that the Kid version is destined to become the original version, or else the timeline will be broken. Therefore he has to go back to the future at some point to live out his life and cannot just stay here until he grows old (or older). So I suspect this older version we’re seeing from time to time in this series is either...

A) the original version who never died and instead faked his death because he knew it was coming, as we’ve been shown;
    B) a resurrected version of the original version who did die, but has been brought back somehow; or
    C) as you suggest, the Kid version who never did go back to his future and somehow was allowed to remain without destroying the timeline.

Maybe, but it’s been established that the Kid version is destined to become the original version, or else the timeline will be broken. Therefore he has to go back to the future at some point to live out his life and cannot just stay here until he grows old (or older). So I suspect this older version we’re seeing from time to time in this series is either...

A) the original version who never died and instead faked his death because he knew it was coming, as we’ve been shown;
    B) a resurrected version of the original version who did die, but has been brought back somehow; or
    C) as you suggest, the Kid version who never did go back to his future and somehow was allowed to remain without destroying the timeline.
    I think B is the most likely answer. I dont think the other scenarios really make much sense and C unnecessarily convolutes things even more. I think watching OG Cable try to find/fight his way back is the most compelling angle to go with
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-17-2021 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think B is the most likely answer. I dont think the other scenarios really make much sense and C unnecessarily convolutes things even more. I think watching OF Cable try to find/fight his way back is the most compelling angle to go with
    I agree and that’s the option I’m rooting for personally. While he could’ve also faked his death, since he knew it was coming, he also likely knew he could be resurrected by his daughter and the rest of The Five and therefore just went along with it and allowed it to happen.

That, of course, assumes he has future knowledge of the current Krakoan Dawn of X/Reign of X era; which would mean it happened in his future, but that should be impossible because A) he defeated Apocalypse here and prevented his future at one point (in the 90s) and B) Apocalypse seems to be headed on a different trajectory now, having been reunited with his family and living in Amenth. Kind of makes my head hurt honestly.

Cable’s future is now one big mess honestly, and it’s hard to discern how much it’s been altered or even completely prevented at this point from the period in 3999 when he initially grew up.

I agree and that’s the option I’m rooting for personally. While he could’ve also faked his death, since he knew it was coming, he also likely knew he could be resurrected by his daughter and the rest of The Five and therefore just went along with it and allowed it to happen.

That, of course, assumes he has future knowledge of the current Krakoan Dawn of X/Reign of X era; which would mean it happened in his future, but that should be impossible because A) he defeated Apocalypse here and prevented his future at one point (in the 90s) and B) Apocalypse seems to be headed on a different trajectory now, having been reunited with his family and living in Amenth. Kind of makes my head hurt honestly.

Cable’s future is now one big mess honestly, and it’s hard to discern how much it’s been altered or even completely prevented at this point from the period in 3999 when he initially grew up.
    I dont think Krakoa happened in his future at all nor that he had knowledge of it and the resurrection protocols. Im not convinced he knew he was going to die either. He did die though but somehow he is apparently back and that mystery is where the story is at

I think what I like the most about this issue is that (since I read it digitally) that I keep thinking the issue is over, but there's more. There were quite a few "Cliffhanger moments".