Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Congratulations to Kirby101!

And thanks to Tami for the one vote. It's greatly appreciated.

Way to go, Kirby101!

Congratulations, Kirby101!
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Yay, Kirby101!
    And thanks for the great covers this week, everyone.
    I can only hope that the next cover contest features the true star of WandaVision. After all, it's been her all along.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ultimate Member

Congrats to Kirby!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Congrats to Kirby101! I just PM'd him about the win!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Congratulations to Kirby101 for a marvelous vision which used some outside the long box thinking.

And now, what has the captained learned this week in this peak of the week: When we in this contest focus on a single character, we find the special cases which are unlike traditional comic book covers. The Tom King series had many examples of this. We got to see powerful juxtapositions of Vizh and idealized American family life. I picked up the King series in two trades and noted that the inside ads wee for Scarlet Witch's book. Figures, you get your acclaimed and poignant family story and your ex gets ads in it.

Congratulations, Kirby101!!! Thank you, K7P5V for the lovely vote and Ravin' Ray for the nod.

Wow! Winning an eight way tie, that is something. Thanks for the votes and especially to Iron Maiden putting me over the top.
    I don't have any theme ready for a new contest, so I will think about it and post one later today.
    Thanks again for this unexpected win, I am fortunate that there were so many good Vision covers for people to chose from.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Congrats Kirby101, I'm sure you will come up with something good. If not, PM me, I'm full of ideas.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Sorry I missed the vote. Rough day Tuesday.

Congrats kirby it was a great cover
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Major Congratulations Kirby101!

Excellent weeks in paying respects to both Scarlet Witch and the The Vision during no less the WandaVision’s present Amazing Run!

Thanks Allot for the vote Riv86672 and indeed you are Very Right, that cover is Amore!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Congrats kirby101
    and thanks CaptCleghorn for the vote for the classic Vision cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Great painted cover by Earl Norem for Avengers paperback.

I have this book; someone gave it to me about 25 years ago. The cover is a bit glossy so the painterly tones are lost This book reprints Avengers #57 and #58 (with cuts), the Vision's debut; and also for some inexplicable reason it includes that silly Lady Liberators story from Avengers #83 (also with cuts). And it's not all in color for a dime (or $1.75); the reprinted material is in black and white.

Congrats Kirby!

Is that a pocket sized book or full size? I honestly don't recall ever seeing it anywhere before.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Congrats Kirby!

Is that a pocket sized book or full size? I honestly don't recall ever seeing it anywhere before.
    Hi Scott, it's a pocket book. It was published in 1982.

I just measured my book. Its height is close to 7 inches and the bottom is 4 inches across. LOL, this image I'm posting (using Kirby's image) is bigger than the book actually is!

Last edited by Shalla Bal; 02-24-2021 at 06:17 PM.