Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It always made sense to me that it would work due to maybe there being a similar genetic marker that allows the power to pass the other harmlessly. Sort of like a herd immunity but geneticallly. Because Black Tom and Sean Cassidy powers didn't work on each other and their powers are very different and in this world of communion it kind of makes sense siblings/cousins would have immunities but that idea has fallen apart so many times i'm not sure how it works since as you say Havok powers work on vulcan.
    Its definitely a case by case basis as there isnt any immunity between Jean and her various kids. Rachel's used her powers on Cable too.

Amazing Member

I assumed that Katherine Summers being pregnant with Vulcan from the time period of her capture to her death literally ruled out Adam-X being a Summers brother now, if this story is truly in continuity. The only explanation is that D'Ken is basically a Shi'ar Mr. Sinister who spliced his and Katherine's genes together in a lab for... reasons? (Maybe to have an "heir" to kill Lilandra's chances of the throne or something, but why would he splice his genes with a human's? Did he know about the Summers family's mutant potential)

The other idea that Corsair is the father of Adam-X seems to fit better. He was also a slave in the Shi'ar empire, maybe a female slaver--well you get the idea, although it's no less disturbing than Katherine being the parent (DC did the same thing with Talia and Batman to get Damian Wayne).
    Last edited by Yistaan; 02-17-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Incredible Member

Having had re-read the issue, it's clear that this takes place in the one week gap between X-Men Prime and the end of the Age of Apocalypse. Cable's off to find X-Force to save them from Reignfire, Havok's powers are still stable. It's the only place that makes sense, although I suppose those two issues of Captain Marvel are there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    I assumed that Katherine Summers being pregnant with Vulcan from the time period of her capture to her death literally ruled out Adam-X being a Summers brother now, if this story is truly in continuity. The only explanation is that D'Ken is basically a Shi'ar Mr. Sinister who spliced his and Katherine's genes together in a lab for... reasons? (Maybe to have an "heir" to kill Lilandra's chances of the throne or something, but why would he splice his genes with a human's? Did he know about the Summers family's mutant potential)

The other idea that Corsair is the father of Adam-X seems to fit better. He was also a slave in the Shi'ar empire, maybe a female slaver--well you get the idea, although it's no less disturbing than Katherine being the parent (DC did the same thing with Talia and Batman to get Damian Wayne).

I know folks are speculating Corsair might be the father, but not sure that fits move the story of zealots trying to get Adam so he can claim the Imperium throne.

Yeah in Captain Marvel #3 (referenced a couple of times in this issue), Erik the Red reveals that Adam was "bred to introduce a hybrid of specific genetic potential to the Shi'ar monarchy". Perhaps Katherine's DNA also carries mutant potential? In any case, the current Majestrix-in-training Xandra also was hatched from the Shi'ar mixing the genetic material of Lilandra and Professor X years after each of their deaths (until Xavier returned in Fantomex's body) and wasn't conceived from traditional physical relations, so there is that precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    I know folks are speculating Corsair might be the father, but not sure that fits move the story of zealots trying to get Adam so he can claim the Imperium throne.

Yeah in Captain Marvel #3 (referenced a couple of times in this issue), Erik the Red reveals that Adam was "bred to introduce a hybrid of specific genetic potential to the Shi'ar monarchy". Perhaps Katherine's DNA also carries mutant potential? In any case, the current Majestrix-in-training Xandra also was hatched from the Shi'ar mixing the genetic material of Lilandra and Professor X years after each of their deaths (until Xavier returned in Fantomex's body) and wasn't conceived from traditional physical relations, so there is that precedent.
    People keep assuming Katherine is the mother, but with alien genetic engineering, it isn't necessary to have 1 male and 1 female parent. We know Adam is related to D'Ken and is a Summers. There's a good chance the 2 "parents" are D'Ken and Corsair. It also explains Adam's connection to the Corsair's parents (which wouldn't be the case if it was Katherine).

Thinking about it, so the Shiar have now not only killed Jean's entire family but they kidnapped Scott's grand parents. Scott/Jean better not have any more kids cause the shiar going to shut things down. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Thinking about it, so the Shiar have now not only killed Jean's entire family but they kidnapped Scott's grand parents. Scott/Jean better not have any more kids cause the shiar going to shut things down. lol
    There’s a lot of cable clones running around now

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    There’s a lot of cable clones running around now
    No there arent

I enjoyed this more then I thought I would.

I never knew how much I missed caption boxes.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    People keep assuming Katherine is the mother, but with alien genetic engineering, it isn't necessary to have 1 male and 1 female parent. We know Adam is related to D'Ken and is a Summers. There's a good chance the 2 "parents" are D'Ken and Corsair. It also explains Adam's connection to the Corsair's parents (which wouldn't be the case if it was Katherine).
    I remember Nicieza talking that Adam is just Katherine'son and not really a summer

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No there arent
    Hey how are you. We’ve been at this for many years now and I hope to put our pass differences behind us.

Spectacular Member

Wasn't sure exactly what to expect when I began reading this story. Knew from the preview that I would like the artwork and coloring but I wasn't sure if the story was going to be one I would like. Must say that I was pleasantly surprised and found myself not only liking the story but now patiently waiting for the second half of the story. Prior to this I didn't know much about Adam X and his up bringing, (not sure any of us did). Going to have to pull out my older issues and see just where this story fits into the timeline.

they have made Adam a interesting character and I for one can't wait to learn more about him and how he grew up. Seeing a Summers who has both control of his powers and a relative normal upbringing is quite the change from the usual Summer's origin story. Also found his mutant power an interesting approach on energy wielding. Was expecting his power to be somewhat similar to Scott and Alex and be some sort of energy beam but instead he seems to be able to emit microwave energy which is both unseen and effects any exposed cut. Quite effective person to have on your team.

Now onto my questions

The first one has already been asked on the boards and that is just who are his parents. It has already been stated that Katherine was pregnant with Gabriel when she was abducted so that would make Adam the fourth and youngest Summer's boy.

1.) Just how long were Katherine and Christopher Summers held in captivity?
    According to flashback he was rescued from some sort of birthing vat. Is that how all Shiar are born or was this some sort of cloning facility?

2.) If he was born on Shiar and was a project of the Emperor then why was he given an Earthen name like Adam?

3.) Just how long has Corsair know about Adam and why did he never search for or mention him before know? I will wait to hear his explanation next issue but at this time I nominate him for Worst Father of the Marvel Universe Award. Had four boys and never bothered to either search for or learn what happened to any of them.

Hopefully those three questions will be answered next issue as I have a whole bunch more that I know will have to wait for some future storyline.

Those more recent questions and one that will need a new story to answer

1.) Did someone rescue Eve as well? Is she his twin and a fifth sibling or was their some other Shiar plot in the works?

2.) How did Adam-X end up on Mojo World?

3.) Why have Scott and Alex not felt any brotherly love toward Adam and attempted a rescue? Did something happen to make them forget that Adam existed?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think D'Ken took Kathrine's DNA after he killed her and mixed it with his, or he somehow was able to take some of Corsair and mixed it with lalandra, Deathbird or some other lady of Shiár royalty. Either way, I believe D'Ken then made 4 kids: Adam X and Eve, Cain and Abel in test tubes.

Now let us see if and how Eve, Cain and Abel will appear as well, or if this will again be a plot to be forgotten for decades.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Ultimate Member

um whispers "i actually like the art for this story..." Especially the page with hepizatath,that really stood out for me. it was very kinetic and energetic where a lot of the x-art today looks good but feels static if that makes sense.
    Yeah, I love that sort of art, very dynamic and fluid, all the characters lean and in motion. It is super-popular to hate on Booth's art, but I like it, and do not care if this means that 'my taste is all in my mouth,' as the French say about people with no artistic taste.