Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Default X-Men: Legends #1 Review

The opening scene has Erik the Red and the Crystal Claws attacking a hospital in Anchorage, Alaska where they find and kidnap Cyclops' and Havok's grandparents.

Shift the X-Mansion where Scott and Alex are also facing the Crystal Claws. After the fight, they ask Xavier for help contacting the Shi'Ar but the Anchorage police call them to inform them that aliens snatched their grandparents.

Cut to a flashback narrated by ADAM X where it shows a former bodyguard of Lilandra's and D'Ken's father, the previous Shi'Ar Emperor, rescued him from a pod of some kind and raised him with his "tribe" on a farming planet they got exiled to and Adam X left when his powers (the ability to ignite someone's oxygenated blood? WTF?) activated.

Cut to the present (I guess) where Adam X is meditating on some farm and the farmer's son shows up with a shotgun to chase him away. Adam saves the kid from a snake and then Cable shows up to tell what Erik did and bodyslides away.

Adam starts to hitchhike (somewhere) but he's attacked by Raza and Hepzibah from the Starjammers. Adam tries to use his blood powers on them but Cyclops and Havok push them out of range with their powers. The brothers ask Adam for his help but the two Starjammers start to argue with them and Adam runs away. The four of them teleport in Adam's way and a fight breaks out.

Adam manages to cut all 4 of them and starts to use his powers on them but only Hepzibah and Raza are affected. Cyclops and Havok try to knock him out with their energy blasts but nothing happens. Corsair uncloaks his ship and tells Scott and Alex 'say hello to your brother' and fires his blaster.

TBC.
    "Cable was right!"

This confused me because i went into it expecting absolutely nothing and ended up absolutely loving it and the energy in it. the colors were beautiful. go figure.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Waited 28 years for this!!!!!

Amazing!!!!

So happy to of been right about this

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I'm commenting from sheer ignorance not having read the issue, but I genuinely wonder what the long term plans are for all four of the Summers Brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This confused me because i went into it expecting absolutely nothing and ended up absolutely loving it and the energy in it. the colors were beautiful. go figure.
    Same boat, though I was expecting a little more than nothing. I was not, however, expecting to love it as much as I did. Especially the appearance of OG Cable in his 90s X-men gear. That made me nostalgic for that time period more than anything.

Astonishing Member

So their are 4 summers brothers now ? Will Gambit be the 5th ? Can their be 6 ?

I hated every second of this. Adam X is such an inherently terrible character and should've been forgotten. I was also confused as to how everyone was so shocked to see Corsair at the end as if they didn't spend the last few pages with his team.

All-New Member

So I wonder if it is going to be a thing that Adam and Vulcan are twins or something.

Jean Grey will be the 6th Summers brother.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I hated every second of this. Adam X is such an inherently terrible character and should've been forgotten. I was also confused as to how everyone was so shocked to see Corsair at the end as if they didn't spend the last few pages with his team.
    Im with you. I wish Nicieza would go away

Quote Originally Posted by blinkmagick View Post
    So I wonder if it is going to be a thing that Adam and Vulcan are twins or something.
    Thats the only way his existence would even work but that would require Nicieza to retconned his own work in terms of what he's established with Adam as the two have different sets of parents. I dont see Vulcan's origin being retconned considering Hickman is actively using him. I wonder if Vulcan will even be touched in the second issue of this bc Adam X being a brother makes no sense bc Katherine was killed not much longer after she was captured
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-17-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This wasn't half-bad. Adam is still far from a compelling character but I think Nicieza managed to make him a lot less unlikeable with this issue.

I loved it! I loved the retro feel (exposition and banners and issue references). Only thing missing were thought balloons. I can’t wait for the next issue!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Thats the only way his existence would even work but that would require Nicieza to retconned his own work in terms of what he's established with Adam as the two have different sets of parents. I dont see Vulcan's origin being retconned considering Hickman is actively using him. I wonder if Vulcan will even be touched in the second issue of this bc Adam X being a brother makes no sense bc Katherine was killed not much longer after she was captured
    They're gonna retcon him to Corsair + random Shi'Ar person's kid.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Why can’t he be the product of Corsair and a Sh’iar? Deathbird is always horny. He is clearly a half-brother. Gene splicing? I dunno.

I’m sooooo happy about this!!!!!!