Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Why can’t he be the product of Corsair and a Sh’iar? Deathbird is always horny. He is clearly a half-brother. Gene splicing? I dunno.
    Katherine being the blonde makes it more likely she's the mom. Also the idea that Deathbird has a child with her son's half-brother is just too much of a stretch, even for Marvel.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Katherine being the blonde makes it more likely she's the mom. Also the idea that Deathbird has a child with her son's half-brother is just too much of a stretch, even for Marvel.
    He’s a genetic twin clone of Vulcan sent from the future to warn them about Deathbird shagging everyone.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I don't think Vilcan will be discussed as I think this is in the past, before Vulcan came back.

Of course they will not retcon Gabriel.

I think Adam X will be a half brother. Kid of Corsair and a Shi'ar female. That will not be Lilandta, as she was Xaviers love and Deathbird already did it with Vulcan (she even got pregnant from Gabriel). That would be weird, even for Marvel.

So now we can speculate who's the mom.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by blinkmagick View Post
    So I wonder if it is going to be a thing that Adam and Vulcan are twins or something.
    X-Men: Deadly Genesis details well Vulcan's history. If you do pick up X-Men Legends, it lays the groundwork of how Adam and Vulcan are half-brothers (the specifics and details of which will be revealed in issue #2). Fabian's already penned that D'Ken is Adam's father and won't retcon his own work -- and in interviews he's said how he's able to tell the story almost exactly as he outlined back circa 1995. Editorial would have checked through the work and made sure Adam and Vulcan's histories co-exist and don't contradict.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Waited 28 years for this!!!!!

Amazing!!!!

So happy to of been right about this
    Me too LOL! Loved especially small details like:

spoilers:
    1. The peek at the "Eve" gestation pod as Adam is being ushered out
    2. Cable greeting Adam with "I thought both of us had gotten over our...extreme phase (a tongue-in-cheek nod to 90s excess).
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I'm commenting from sheer ignorance not having read the issue, but I genuinely wonder what the long term plans are for all four of the Summers Brothers.
    I wonder as well. Per early promos, the X-Men Legends series are in-continuity tales that "resolve long-standing plot danglers...[which] will change the past and future of the X-Men". Of the stories slated so far for, this seems to have big potential for less being just a standalone and should impact current continuity. Curious how this will play out in the current Hickman run of X-Men (though Hickman did allude to this in Powers of X #4's Sinister Secrets).

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I hated every second of this. Adam X is such an inherently terrible character and should've been forgotten. I was also confused as to how everyone was so shocked to see Corsair at the end as if they didn't spend the last few pages with his team.
    I thought Scott and Alex were expecting he went after Erik without them instead of coming to Earth for Adam.

I'm confused that Cable didn't give him a lift but Domino's more important than some hippie anyway.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I don't think Vilcan will be discussed as I think this is in the past, before Vulcan came back.

Of course they will not retcon Gabriel.

I think Adam X will be a half brother. Kid of Corsair and a Shi'ar female. That will not be Lilandta, as she was Xaviers love and Deathbird already did it with Vulcan (she even got pregnant from Gabriel). That would be weird, even for Marvel.

The X-men wouldnt have knowledge of Vulcan, but the Shi'ar most certainly would. There is opportunity for us to learn about Vulcan through their lens without the X-men being privvy to that

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

I agree with Askani's Flame on parentage. I mean if Adam were Corsair's son, how dark would it be

spoilers:
    that the Starjammers are hunting Adam down ("dead or alive") and Corsair would shoot him in the last panel (especially after Corsair's proclamation on that last page)?
    end of spoilers

Also, keeping Adam as son of D'Ken I think makes more sense for the purposes of him being sought out by the Crystal Claw zealots.

Incredible Member

So, I'm theorizing that this actually takes place before LegionQuest - which featured Adam X and Erik the Red in battle - so in between X-Men Vol 2 39 and X-Factor Vol 1 108/X-Men Vol 2 40 for a few reasons:

1) Havok is still in X-Factor and also isn't wearing his containment suit, which he had to wear after Age of Apocalypse for safety reasons

2) Cable bodyslides. He actually stopped bodysliding in the 90s after the destruction of Graymalkin but given his arc after Age of Apocalypse, it makes more sense to put it now. (although if there's a canon reason as to why he can body slide when his time core is at the bottom of the ocean, I'd love to hear it)

This is considering that Fabian Niciesza is telling a story which he originally wanted to tell during his X-Men run, which ended at X-Men Vol 2 45 and a place that would have voided the above two points. This being said, it's clear that while his original story may have been set after that point, this modified one is not. Another difference is that he's said his original story was four issues (and likely would've started at X-Men Vol 2 46 and ended with the 50th issue), this one is only two to debut this series.
    Last edited by Drexelhand; 02-17-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    I agree with Askani's Flame on parentage. I mean if Adam were Corsair's son, how dark would it be

spoilers:
    that the Starjammers are hunting Adam down ("dead or alive") and Corsair would shoot him in the last panel (especially after Corsair's proclamation on that last page)?
    end of spoilers

Also, keeping Adam as son of D'Ken I think makes more sense for the purposes of him being sought out by the Crystal Claw zealots.
    My memory of those 90s comics is foggy but I seem to recall the running theory was that D'Ken raped Katherine Summers and that's how Adam came about?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    So, I'm theorizing that this actually takes place before LegionQuest - which featured Adam X and Erik the Red in battle - so in between X-Men Vol 2 39 and X-Factor Vol 1 108/X-Men Vol 2 40 for a few reasons:

1) Havok is still in X-Factor and also isn't wearing his containment suit, which he had to wear after Age of Apocalypse for safety reasons

2) Cable bodyslides. He actually stopped bodysliding in the 90s after the destruction of Graymalkin but given his arc after Age of Apocalypse, it makes more sense to put it now. (although if there's a canon reason as to why he can body slide when his time core is at the bottom of the ocean, I'd love to hear it)

This is considering that Fabian Niciesza is telling a story which he originally wanted to tell during his X-Men run, which ended at X-Men Vol 2 45 and a place that would have voided the above two points. This being said, it's clear that while his original story may have been set after that point, this modified one is not. Another difference is that he's said his original story was four issues (and likely would've started at X-Men Vol 2 46 and ended with the 50th issue), this one is only two to debut this series.
    Apparently at some point they retconned that his bodysliding and time travel tech were stored in the techno-organic arm.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I hated every second of this. Adam X is such an inherently terrible character and should've been forgotten. I was also confused as to how everyone was so shocked to see Corsair at the end as if they didn't spend the last few pages with his team.
    I wanted to like this at least a little bit (and I don't want to be a party pooper!), but I have to agree. What is it about telling a retro story that means the logic also has to be retro and sloppy? It's like classic 90s storytelling that makes no sense. And stuff like "ohmigosh why don't our powers work on you??". (And a pet peeve, but I hate when characters call themselves little brother/big brother... it's so cringe, but also belies the writer's shortcomings in being able to weave information into the story.)

The art is what it is. All the inkers and letterers will not be able to save it. But again, just because it's retro doesn't mean it has to repeat mistake from yore. Like WTH kind of formatting is this??

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 11.23.06 AM copy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    My memory of those 90s comics is foggy but I seem to recall the running theory was that D'Ken raped Katherine Summers and that's how Adam came about?
    I think those are intersecting story themes? Katherine was kept in D'Ken's harem and likely he did or tried to force himself on her (that seems to be the prevailing history).

Fabian has said a number of times in interviews over the years, that he wanted to respect the character of Katherine and didn't want unsavoriness to Adam's conception. It also came up years ago after Vulcan was introduced. Here's a good article from early 2019 (which I think would have been prior to being approached for XML) where he talks again about his intentions for that story and how he pitched it to the editors and this pays out in the panels of X-Men Legends #1.

https://aiptcomics.com/2019/01/22/th...reme-and-more/

Since Fabian never got to pen his story, without that background it would be easy leap to otherwise assume how Adam was conceived.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Jean Grey will be the 6th Summers brother.
    how disgusting it would be

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    So their are 7 or 8 ? Is gambit included